Rangers Picture Thread

22 minutes ago, NornIronBear said:

Old Ibrox. 

2e55bap.jpg

When I see this photo mate . Its filled with sadness

It reminds me of the Ibrox disaster .

It reminds of the good old days for our famous and once proud club .

It also saddens me . that even after all these decades , we still haven't upgraded the old pools building

43 minutes ago, thedarvelmarvel said:

is that not the goal where the wee man ran from the 1/2 line and went past 5 tic.when asked why he did that he said there was no more left top get past...

Aye, I’m sure I’ve seen it on the wee mans dvd, not watched it for a while. 

Remember him saying that his old man was Gers daft and when he was just a boy Man Utd wanted him and offered his old man a 4k singing on fee. He asked them for time to think about it in the hope that Rangers would come in for him, they duly did, and both Willie and his old man went to speak to Rangers. Talks went well and the Rangers manager offered his old man 1k as a singing on fee. That’s great, the boy will sign and Willie did. As they were leaving the stadium Willie reminded his old man that Man Utd had offered 4k as a singing on fee. His old man turned to willie and said - aye, but this is the Rangers, son!

2 hours ago, eejay the dj said:

When I see this photo mate . Its filled with sadness

It reminds me of the Ibrox disaster .

It reminds of the good old days for our famous and once proud club .

It also saddens me . that even after all these decades , we still haven't upgraded the old pools building

Same here. First time I saw it I was drawn straight to the stairwell ?

That's the main reason the current state of the stadium and its surrounds infuriate me. Willie Waddell and David Holmes said it is a mark of respect to those lost, it's about time it returned to being that.

23 hours ago, Johnny Dangerously said:

Aye, I’m sure I’ve seen it on the wee mans dvd, not watched it for a while. 

Remember him saying that his old man was Gers daft and when he was just a boy Man Utd wanted him and offered his old man a 4k singing on fee. He asked them for time to think about it in the hope that Rangers would come in for him, they duly did, and both Willie and his old man went to speak to Rangers. Talks went well and the Rangers manager offered his old man 1k as a singing on fee. That’s great, the boy will sign and Willie did. As they were leaving the stadium Willie reminded his old man that Man Utd had offered 4k as a singing on fee. His old man turned to willie and said - aye, but this is the Rangers, son!

thatb pic . with forrest and willoughby ,i looked old pics. and i think it could be kenny mcfarlane on the r/hand side any ideas? 3 choice goalie.

On 28/10/2017 at 07:00, The Ibrox Derry said:

This was the strip for nigh on 40 years, I remember my Dad saying that their would have been a riot had they changed it for no good reason lol ha

who is the man on the l/hand side ? the others are grierson simpson prentice and hubbard

1 hour ago, thedarvelmarvel said:

who is the man on the l/hand side ? the others are grierson simpson prentice and hubbard

I'm sorry I haven't a clue, it was long before my time. Next time I see my Dad I will show him the picture, he is old now, but has a wonderful memory, especially for Rangers players. He is old school, the last time he was at Ibrox was the Gazza chest butt game v Aberdeen circa 1995, he said he would never go back after that, too many head cases and thickos among our support was his exact words. "They must have had a bit more class in the old days when they chibbed ye" was my reply ha ha

On 29 October 2017 at 15:53, Don54 said:

image.thumb.png.b73b0f756ea60b5353b58459485dc0b6.png

Gers players in recording studio in 1960s, anyone know what they were singing? ( The Hokey Cokey? ) :whistle:

Not sure if it's the same event, but Rangers players were on Top of The Pops on New Year's Eve 1964. George McLean and Davie Provan seen dancing to the Moody Blues 'Go Now'. Must have been pre recorded as we beat them on New Year's Day at Ibrox 1-0. Goal by Jim Forest. Bobby Murdoch fucked a penalty over the bar and Jinky Johnstone was sent of for clogging our number 10 Beck.

15 minutes ago, The Wee General said:

Not sure if it's the same event, but Rangers players were on Top of The Pops on New Year's Eve 1964. George McLean and Davie Provan seen dancing to the Moody Blues 'Go Now'. Must have been pre recorded as we beat them on New Year's Day at Ibrox 1-0. Goal by Jim Forest. Bobby Murdoch fucked a penalty over the bar and Jinky Johnstone was sent of for clogging our number 10 Beck.