Murty

Smile

• Replies 172
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Just now, Ryan_1 said:

It makes absolutely no sense. 

They should have had the list compiled and feelers sent out to their preferred candidates. 

How many times does it happen when a team sacks a manager and a new manager is appointed within the week? It doesn't just happen overnight, I would suggest conversations would have been had long before they sacked their current manager. It's what efficient boards do. Ours stuck in the dark ages.

A full month has passed which included an international break which would have been perfect timing but not with our board.

There's not that many good managers out there. How hard is it to come up with a list of 4 or 5 guys and then look into their availability, affordability etc?

Just now, five stars said:

It was just the other day he was saying he wanted the job. He's clearly not up to it.

I don't even think that may be fair as he's not to blame for recruitment. However we should be looking for an experienced manager who knows how to come into a huge club like ours from a position of starting over.

FTP

Just now, Big Al II said:

Fair enough if I misunderstood...to me McDowell couldn't give a fuck and wanted nothing to do with the club...couldn't be further from the truth for Murty...So that's why I think your thread is unfair.

He should have been back in charge of the youths 3 weeks ago.

Neither had the ability to do the Job if being the Manager at Rangers could be done with anyone at the helm we would not have struggled since Smith Retired.

2 minutes ago, KingKirk said:

we are trying to grind him into the dirt just look at him in that post match interview.

I wouldn't blame him if he went in tomorrow morning and resigned and left the club altogether.

fuckin sickening how we've treated him

This,he's an asset for the youth system and I'd hate to lose the guy,he's not ready for this level yet,got all respect for him taking it on again but what the hell can he do with a squad that just look so disinterested

10 minutes ago, Smile said:

Yes, was stating we needed a Manager and the board had to act quickly like we all think but he has to be careful in what he says as it could affect his job.

The guy was nearly in tears and virtually begging them to end it.

A bunch of shitehawk bastards.

7 minutes ago, gman said:

The guy is as honest as the day is long. No blame should be at this man's door & I think after his post match interview he knows he's not up to it.

The people in charge have a lot to answer for.

I was just about to make the same thread. Board's fault for this shambles. To put in to perspective at the time Pedro was sacked if it were not for a couple of horrendous refereeing performances (not just the odd decision) we would have been sitting top of the league. We are where we are because of what goes on in the boardroom.

1 minute ago, Smile said:

Neither had the ability to do the Job if being the Manager at Rangers could be done with anyone at the helm we would not have struggled since Smith Retired.

One cares about the club one wanted out asap with their pay off...you continue with your comparison...for me there is none.

He has did what was asked...poorly.

Just now, Big Al II said:

One cares about the club one wanted out asap with their pay off...you continue with your comparison...for me there is none.

He has did what was asked...poorly.

You seem to be trying to turn this into something it's not it's about two inept boards putting someone in a Position they did not have the abilities to perform I feel sorry for both. 

Just now, STEPPS BOY said:

I’d be telling them tonight to shove the job up their collective arses.

He looked shattered at the End I cant see him having the Mental strength to take on the next game even though Supporters do not blame him.

The fact its taken McInnes a month to come out and say he's dedicated to Aberdeen tells me the board don't have money to pay Aberdeen compensation or he's had initial discussions with the board and not been convinced by the funding (lack of) he'd be provided with and said no thanks ...the lack of progress on the managerial front is worrying!

29 minutes ago, Smile said:

He's a Youth team coach who has been Promoted way above his Abilities.  He started in his interview being Critical of the board but had to backtrack a bit as he still needs a Job.

Missed him criticising the board.

Did he scream "KIng's a pape!"?

1 minute ago, Drunk and disorderly. said:

Missed him criticising the board.

Did he scream "KIng's a pape!"?

No he was like a supporter stating we needed a manager in right away and started to get a bit emotional controlled himself as he needs the job.

He is the interim manager.  He has a job to do and he isn't doing it anywhere near well enough, even allowing for his being an interim.   He knows the expectations - or he claims he does - therefore when we can't beat Hamilton or Dundee when it is vital to do so to stay in touch with the top of the league and can't manage the team to do so then he bears responsibility.

The board has put him in this position and its the board that must be accountable.  He agreed to do the job but as he's finding out now its far too big for him.