David Bates

Dan Deacon

• Replies 321
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

29 minutes ago, Ivybank said:

He's a bombscare at times

If he's a bombscare fuck knows what the "international " beside him is.Bates was the only defender we had today.we need to get Alves back quickly and another left back asap

34 minutes ago, Ivybank said:

He's a bombscare at times

Yeah we all know that  but overall he was solid - just like he has been majority of this season. It seems folk are just desperate to criticism him and get on his back at times yet fast enough to praise uninterested duds like Alves when they put in a half decent performance (not aimed at you specifically but seen it a lot on here). He's getting better and will continue to do so. 

4 minutes ago, KingKennyMiller said:

Looks like a big drink a wattar.

But this boy knows how to defend and I think he can go on to be a great player for us.

Couldn’t agree more mate.

Wish cunts would get behind him

Used to get the fear anytime he was near the ball. That has gone now and I see him as a dependable defender who is in the team on merit. Young defenders will make mistakes as they go along but he is making less than a lot of other more lauded young centre halfs. Boys no nonsense which is what a defender should be

Just now, BillyG93 said:

Couldn’t agree more mate.

Wish cunts would get behind him

He's been our best and most dependable Centre Back for weeks now.

I remember the first time I saw him I thought to mysef " Wtf "...... but he's clamped me a peach.

He's young and still learning but fully deserves to be in the starting eleven.

He is one fucking solid defender with a bit of pace. Not the most graceful on the ball but that will come. He's reading what's in front of him better. Covered well on the right for Tav on his forays up field. He's got Martin beside him who's also solid and we still have the very takented McCrorie to come back.Could turn into one of our better prospects.

Changed days in our defensive set up.

He's a big solid unit, raw but that's due to his age and experience and he's actually got the fundamental makings of a very good defender. I get the feeling that there's posters on here who are waiting on him making a costly mistake just so they can say 'I told you so' rather than admit he's a much better player than the 'Warburton dud' he's made out to be.

9 minutes ago, the brown brogue said:

He's a big solid unit, raw but that's due to his age and experience and he's actually got the fundamental makings of a very good defender. I get the feeling that there's posters on here who are waiting on him making a costly mistake just so they can say 'I told you so' rather than admit he's a much better player than the 'Warburton dud' he's made out to be.

Spot on.

Too many seem to have it in for this boy.

Personally I love nothing better when a player proves me wrong.

He strikes me as one of those guys that if you were playing against him yourself you'd fancy your chances of rattling in a few goals.

Then as the game wears on you start to get the message that the big man's some player who's on you like a cheap suit the minute you get the ball. The penny eventually drops that he's got you in his back pocket. You trudge off at the end knowing you've been owned.

Big Bates is a player all right. There's no doubt in my mind he'll put the haters back in their box.

1 hour ago, Stu1909 said:

Used to get the fear anytime he was near the ball. That has gone now and I see him as a dependable defender who is in the team on merit. Young defenders will make mistakes as they go along but he is making less than a lot of other more lauded young centre halfs. Boys no nonsense which is what a defender should be

That was my thought at savilledome when he was coming on for Alves though the boy came on and made me and many others eat our words, he’s a bit of a rough diamond and with a steady partner beside him  I think he could become a half decent  player.  

He reads the game quite well for such a young boy. But I’ve never seen a defender head a ball so weakly in my puff. He heads it and it lands about 2 ft away. His clearances with his feet are almost as bad. He looks constantly terrified, like he’s about to burst into tears. If he toughens up a bit he might make a decent defender, but I can’t see it tbh. 

1 hour ago, the brown brogue said:

Don't talk utter shite. He's getting more praise on here than ever. Even those not convinced I'd say were giving him praise where due ie sheep and beggars games.

Justify your comment by naming the posters and how they are waiting for that mistake so they can say I told you so. Just back up your claim, should be easy enough.

Shite like this and him being picked on or not rated as he's ginger are fucking pathetic.

1 hour ago, KingKennyMiller said:

Spot on.

Too many seem to have it in for this boy.

Personally I love nothing better when a player proves me wrong.

He strikes me as one of those guys that if you were playing against him yourself you'd fancy your chances of rattling in a few goals.

Then as the game wears on you start to get the message that the big man's some player who's on you like a cheap suit the minute you get the ball. The penny eventually drops that he's got you in his back pocket. You trudge off at the end knowing you've been owned.

Big Bates is a player all right. There's no doubt in my mind he'll put the haters back in their box.

You're full of shite.

Who "hates" him?

Watch the game again and there were 2-3 shots from the edge of the box bang on target. Bates was the guy getting in the way.

Look at it another way. He's playing with Russell Martin, highly experinced internationalist who has played most of his career either in the EPL or championship. He looks every bit as capable as him.