Tav

Lloyd

14 minutes ago, esquire8 said:

With Martin signing on Tuesday, think that Tav will be out the door very shortly after. He's got to go this window or we will lose a lot of money on him.

Martins a centre half that can play right back.  Selling Tav now would be madness.

• Replies 577
  • Created
  • Last Reply
15 minutes ago, esquire8 said:

With Martin signing on Tuesday, think that Tav will be out the door very shortly after. He's got to go this window or we will lose a lot of money on him.

Its Martin for Alves. 

14 minutes ago, esquire8 said:

He's definitely going. Hopefully in this window so we get the most for him.

This is nuts.

As supporters we have become less interested in the team and how it entertains us, and more embroiled in bean counting.

Tavs is a tremendous watch in full flow.

He has eighteen months on his contract, we can sell him in the summer after we have lifted the Scottish Cup and run the Filth into the ground chasing the league title which is still there to be contested.

Give yourself a break as a football supporter and enjoy it. :dance:

1 minute ago, bilkobear said:

This is nuts.

As supporters we have become less interested in the team and how it entertains us, and more embroiled in bean counting.

Tavs is a tremendous watch in full flow.

He has eighteen months on his contract, we can sell him in the summer after we have lifted the Scottish Cup and run the Filth into the ground chasing the league title which is still there to be contested.

Give yourself a break as a football supporter and enjoy it. :dance:

Yeah I know but after years of shite it would be good to see us have some sort of transfer deal that benefits us. I'd love him to stay till the summer and get the same amount that would be offered now but that is very doubtful.

2 minutes ago, esquire8 said:

Yeah I know but after years of shite it would be good to see us have some sort of transfer deal that benefits us. I'd love him to stay till the summer and get the same amount that would be offered now but that is very doubtful.

I would rather keep Tav until his contract runs out and get nothing for him as more often than not he is the 1 to drive our team forward and get us some kind of attacking movement 

5 minutes ago, MasterD said:

Replacing an attacking full back with Russel Martin that runs at the speed of my dead granny and has no attacking ability at all.

Away to fuck @esquire8

I think having someone like Martin with Candieas on the right gives a bit of balance plus gives us a massive advantage when it comes to set pieces. Have John do the attacking work on the left.

There’s zero chance Tav leaves this window unless we force it.

Still a season to play for with a stronger team or go to Sunderland and languish about the bottom of the table scratching his arse?

He’s easily replaced eventually anyway, Wallace was a good attacking asset last season and he’s just as gash defensively.

12 minutes ago, esquire8 said:

However, I would take the hit of say 500,000 to stay more competitive for the rest of the season.

I rate Tavs, but the sums being bandied around are 1 to 2 million, and I would rather balance the books by winning trophies than selling one of our best-attacking assets and most entertaining performers.

Sunderland's of interest because his younger brother plays for Middlesborough. I live in Newcastle and know a couple of the youth team coaches from Sunderland well as they used to come and do coaching for the Northumbria University sides. It seems they are a very tight knit family so I imagine moving to the North East would be attractive. Hopeful he'd command a decent fee, we should be aiming for about £4million in summer if he's only got 12 months left.  

3 minutes ago, trueblueal said:

Rocksport Radio saying they have heard Tav is possibly going, London club interested. Didn't say if now or summer 

Fulham? Can't see a Premier League club wanting him yet and QPR/Brentford are are below his level.

Archived