Pillars of Rangers success

There are a few things we need to sort out before we are going to come close to the consistency we are looking for.

1. Tactics - it’s obvious this 1 formation fits all tactic only works 70% of the time. We need to start changing between 2 or 3 formations depending on the opposition or at least get the players right. The 4232 formation does work in some games. But that number 10 role is crucial which I will discuss later. 1 upfront again doesn’t work in all the games especially when the opponents flood the box. Our midfield can be overrun in certain games especially against the junkies.

2. Windass - this guy has scored a lot of goals but he goes missing a lot in games, that number 10 position is crucial to that formation and someone like Murphy who is omnipresent would excel there. I would drop windass unless it’s against weaker opposition.

3. substitutions and Intra-play changes - most of the points we have dropped this season could have been avoided if murty spotted that we needed a change, I don’t get how the fans can spot when something needs changed before murty can.

4. The manager - murty is not good enough... yet. He is too inexperienced to grid out results and we would be a lot better off with a manager who can see when changes are required and make them.

5. Deadwood - we have too many players that will never get a game, get rid of them and recycle the wage, hodson, MOH, Rossiter too name a few, we could use there wage elsewhere.

Basically, the problem with our current tactics are our midfield is over run, our lone attacker is offensive isolated and needs a more effective number 10 to play those cute through balls, our attacker (Morelos) misses too many sitters and is ineffective in the air and our central defenders are mince. If we were to play that tactic I would prefer to play without windass and in games where our midfield will win the battle, Murphy would be my number 10.

In games against a strong midfield I would use the 442 diamond. This tactic has already worked and dominates the middle of the park, the only thing is we lose our width but make up for this with our sheer strength in the middle.

Another formation I would like to use is 352 with wingbacks and an attacking midfielder, we would maintain our width but be more compact centrally. Cummings and Morelos would get a lot of service from tav and John as well as Murphy playing just behind.

windass is done, his strength is late runs in the box but that is the only thing he has to offer. You need more from players at this level.

We are a new manager and 2 extra formation as well as 4 new players away from being where we want to be.

I would like to see a good manager brought in but TBH I don't know who we could get realistically, I think Murty will get the job for another year and to think we nearly got McInnes just shows that we could do worse than Murty. Windass has improved leaps and bounds and has become 1 of our top players but does go missing and can be ineffective in games, IMHO this is where the manger has to make a decision and take him of even change formation a bit if needs be.

The subs at times are baffling as everyone in the stadium can see where or who needs changed yet the manager seems to sit on his hands and hope for the best, right now our player quality isn't high so it isn't as if we have a match winner like Albertz or Van Bronkhurst who is just having a bad game but they have the ability to turn a game and shake it of, if Windass or Morelos has been having a stinker since the start it will pan out to be a 90 minutes stinker. 

We have loads of deadwood like Halliday, Holt, Hodson, Rossiter, Herrera, and you could prob add Alves and Cardoso to that list, that's a load of deadwood and a load of wages but TBH who would take them off our hands or who would those players go to play for. Some of the deadwood we have are Scottish Championship players at best and won't get the wages if they move on so they will sit tight and pick up their wages. 

I think we also need to get a better quality of player in over most of the team in general, for example Wes isn't a really bad player but he is back-up level at best not first team. Some on here seem to dislike Bates but I think he is a fine player who given the chance will develop into an international player and be our CB for many years to come, he is young but has a no nonsense approach and knows his role and I'm hoping next season him and Martin will give us a solid middle in the defence. I like Morelos but I'm just not seeing what everyone else, he is 1 of the leagues top scorers but we make a shit load of chances and if he took more than he misses he would have passed the 20 goal mark ages ago.

The pillars of success always have been money, Rangers don't have enough money now and guess what we are shite at winning anything.

Give Rangers £100 million this summer and all the players mentioned in this thread would be away, funny how some fans keep talking them up, agenda.