McCoist: Suggests clarity on New Manager may be forthcoming soon

15 minutes ago, callumbo87 said:

We need someone with fresh ideas and clearly who won’t cost the earth...may not have a huge lot of experience but I’d look at Jack Ross. 

Not for me. We need an established manager with broad experience. We've made too many mistakes with rookie managers i.e. McCoist and Murtie for starters. We need to hit the ground running with this one and IMO we cannot afford to screw this up.

1 minute ago, Rfc52 said:

The books will as ever be renewed. This phrase gets flung about on here all the time. We sold nearly 40k in division 3. We dont need daft soundbites to sell our season books 

This, we are Rangers fans full stop, its in our dna highs and lows, its what a supporter is all about.

2 minutes ago, pcbear said:

This, we are Rangers fans full stop, its in our dna highs and lows, its what a supporter is all about.

I think we've proved that more than enough in recent times.

We need the board to now back the loyalty as they are starting to run out of road with a lot of people imo. Huge few months for them.

10 minutes ago, Rfc52 said:

The books will as ever be renewed. This phrase gets flung about on here all the time. We sold nearly 40k in division 3. We dont need daft soundbites to sell our season books 

Totally agree maybe goes for 2% of our ST holders a would say. The only way I wouldn’t renew would be if it was Ally but it will never be him well I hope it won’t be this board like a laugh when it comes to managers.

11 minutes ago, Rfc52 said:

We would shift around 25/30k no matter what, but I honestly think the other 10/15k do need convincing now. 

13 minutes ago, Rfc52 said:

You’re right in the majority of cases but I think it does have an effect, subconscious or not.

1 minute ago, Courtyard Bear said:

We would shift around 25/30k no matter what, but I honestly think the other 10/15k do need convincing now. 

I don't know mate. I think this is the last chance for blind loyalty. After this season there will be a few k needing convinced.

Our loyalty by every single board has been taken for granted. They forget if we fuck off their investment is in a big building with a multi million pound wage bill but nobody to help with the payment of these.

Just now, Rfc52 said:

I don't know mate. I think this is the last chance for blind loyalty. After this season there will be a few k needing convinced.

Our loyalty by every single board has been taken for granted. They forget if we fuck off their investment is in a big building with a multi million pound wage bill but nobody to help with the payment of these.

You could be right mate, it’s been that long since we had a run of poor seasons it’s hard to gauge what the fan base will do. 

1 minute ago, chris182 said:

You’re right in the majority of cases but I think it does have an effect, subconscious or not.

I Don't know if they can effect it mate but I do agree that positivity makes people jump on the bandwagon and can increase sales. Other than the championship season the boycott happened (still 25 or 27k renewed) it did prove that for some it's only ever about the team  they don't give a shit about boardroom or who a manager is.

5 minutes ago, Courtyard Bear said:

That’s me ?? Although told the oldest 2  have been told they are paying their own, that went down well. 

:lol:

Mate my Mrs wee bro still stays with his mum and dad and you should hear him about paying 180 quid a month for digs. He's fully qualified as well.

The younger generation don't know how good they've got it.

Once you've got a house and bills your lucky if you've about 700 left off your wages :lol:

Wee pricks.

52 minutes ago, Rfc52 said:

For me that's a massive risk and I said as much previously. He's not the right fit for us and we aren't the right fit for him just now.

But if it's him I'll get excited anyway :lol:

I’d be excited by the name value (anybody who says they wouldn’t be is lying) but it’s the fact that it’s another manager who is obsessed with playing a specific way that worries me. We’ve been trying this “attacking philosophy” thing for nearly three years now and it’s not really working, maybe a more capable manager can take the work done so far and bring it on a level, but right now I think we need somebody who is a bit more pragmatic and savvy.