2 hours ago, Deanzmeanzheinz said:

What a place! A 25m cameo performance against a flagging team and suddenly he's Zinedine fucken Zidane. 

I guarantee you next Sunday night the same schizos will be on here firing right into him - players like Andy Halliday will be miles away when we next win the league - fucken a million miles away!!!! 

Not saying he's a great player,  probably average, but he did more in 25 minutes yesterday than any midfield players done for weeks 

2 hours ago, Deanzmeanzheinz said:

They didnt beat them but had 26 attempts on goal and 2/3rd possession. They had more of the ball than us yesterday. 

Docherty (especially) and Dorrans were poor yesterday but i'd still start them before Halliday 

Fs mate wish I'd known. I'd have been more content having more of the ball and 26 attempts and drawing 0 0 than scudding them.

Thanks for the info 

11 hours ago, ForeverAndEver said:

Agreed, seems to be asked to do too much defensive work.

He's had a few good games, tbh, Motherwell away especially then strolled St Johnstone just before his injury. Positive it was him and Holt and both were brilliant.

Dorrans and McCrorie as a partnership could work imo.

First half 100%, thought he had a good second half.

He's definitely had a few good games. He's just not been at the level most of us hoped/expected.

The first game against the taigs I thought was a bit of a reality check for him. He was really poor that day imo.

He’s a pretty average midfielder but possesses a lot of intangible qualities that are important and would be useful in a dressing room. He clearly doesn’t expect to be a starter, and nor should he, so he’s a good player to have in the squad.

17 hours ago, Goosetav said:

Not sure if this is sarcasm but he genuinely has been far better when he's played since he came back.

Maybe he's learned something in training.

Either that or being stuck on the bench week in week out for them and being labelled the worst signing of the season has made him buck up his ideas a bit.

Either way, good luck to him but I still don't see a future for him here. His decent performance yesterday has been magnified because of just how bad Docherty was imo.

At a team like us we need a strong squad. Halliday did exactly what was needed from him off the bench. Yes he's not the greatest player in the world but you know when he comes on he will dig out for the team. He realistically isn't going to be starting but deserves praise for his effort.  

I thought Halliday had a bigger positive impact on the game than Docherty but Halliday came on at a time when Dundee were starting to tire so its not quite as easy as a straight comparison.

Players in a squad need to see that good performances are rewarded and poor ones are punished and that way you keep the competitive edge. If you simply keep playing the same starting XI regardless of performance then it breeds complacency in the starting XI and contempt in the rest of the squad and bewilderment as to how they get in the first team.

I know I don't have the full picture and Docherty could be absolutely fantastic in training and Halliday not so much but given its the scum game next week and Halliday has some making amends to do it might be a good shout to start him. Remember just how well he played in the 2016 semi final when Brown was in his pocket.

image.thumb.jpeg.a602e01cd9e5b092d15fb31b3a5e2c87.jpeg

This is exactly what we need next weekend. We night to fuck them up from the first whistle to the last and if (and its a big if) Halliday can play the way he did 2 years ago along with McCrorie in midfield I think we could get the win.

22 minutes ago, NeoGeo7 said:

I thought Halliday had a bigger positive impact on the game than Docherty but Halliday came on at a time when Dundee were starting to tire so its not quite as easy as a straight comparison.

Players in a squad need to see that good performances are rewarded and poor ones are punished and that way you keep the competitive edge. If you simply keep playing the same starting XI regardless of performance then it breeds complacency in the starting XI and contempt in the rest of the squad and bewilderment as to how they get in the first team.

I know I don't have the full picture and Docherty could be absolutely fantastic in training and Halliday not so much but given its the scum game next week and Halliday has some making amends to do it might be a good shout to start him. Remember just how well he played in the 2016 semi final when Brown was in his pocket.

This is exactly what we need next weekend. We night to fuck them up from the first whistle to the last and if (and its a big if) Halliday can play the way he did 2 years ago along with McCrorie in midfield I think we could get the win.

Pictures can tell a million tales, and often not the right one.

Halliday was just about to sneeze, and then he hugged the lego eater and gave him a kiss on the cheek... then tickled his balls.

23 minutes ago, NeoGeo7 said:

That last paragraph is clutching at straws in the extreme. It's almost as if we ignore that fact that in every other game he's played against the taigs Halliday has been fucking dreadful.

Now after a half decent half an hour against Dundee he's the man to help us win next week. Fucking hell :lol:

1 minute ago, LaudrupsPatrickBoots said:

That last paragraph is clutching at straws in the extreme. It's almost as if we ignore that fact that in every other game he's played against the taigs Halliday has been fucking dreadful.

Now after a half decent half an hour against Dundee he's the man to help us win next week. Fucking hell :lol:

As I said its a big if.

If he were able to do it would you say he's a better option than Docherty? Its not likely he would but sometimes squad players can have the game of their lives but its always a gamble.

3 minutes ago, NeoGeo7 said:

As I said its a big if.

If he were able to do it would you say he's a better option than Docherty? Its not likely he would but sometimes squad players can have the game of their lives but its always a gamble.

I'd move McCrorie into midfield to replace Docherty and go with Alves and Martin at the back. It's a brutal partnership but better than playing with a man short in midfield if we put Docherty or Halliday in there.

Either that or I'd keep McCrorie at the back and bring Goss back in.

2 minutes ago, LaudrupsPatrickBoots said:

I'd move McCrorie into midfield to replace Docherty and go with Alves and Martin at the back. It's a brutal partnership but better than playing with a man short in midfield if we put Docherty or Halliday in there.

Alves and  Martin.  Season over.

Just now, LaudrupsPatrickBoots said:

I like Goss' range of passing I'm just not convinced he has the physicality (though Halliday had many, many powerpuff moments since that semi final).

Its the decision of playing a holding midfielder with two in front (as we did in 2016 with Dom Ball as the DM) versus playing 2 central midfielders and a number 10. The latter gives Morelos support but would mean our midfield is overrun. The former would mean we are more solid but leave Morelos isolated and are really relying on quick breaks.

3 minutes ago, NeoGeo7 said:

I like Goss' range of passing I'm just not convinced he has the physicality (though Halliday had many, many powerpuff moments since that semi final).

Its the decision of playing a holding midfielder with two in front (as we did in 2016 with Dom Ball as the DM) versus playing 2 central midfielders and a number 10. The latter gives Morelos support but would mean our midfield is overrun. The former would mean we are more solid but leave Morelos isolated and are really relying on quick breaks.

Quick breaks is something we should exploit next week as we have plenty of pace in our team with candieas, John, tav and even Murphy but we always slow the play down and allow them to get back behind the ball 

16 hours ago, Inigo said:

Agree he made a big difference. Played well.

Docherty was awful. Really, really bad. One of the worst midfield performances in a long time. Really not sure about the boy. He had a good start but hasn't looked good for a while. 

One thru ball in Perth Docherty’s only telling contribution in 3 months , our centre mids used to have one telling contribution every 15 minutes  , it’s not the lads fault ,of course he’s gonny sign for us , it’s the manager or DOF that thinks he’s good enough to play for us that’s to blame 

9 hours ago, Rfc52 said:

Fs mate wish I'd known. I'd have been more content having more of the ball and 26 attempts and drawing 0 0 than scudding them.

Thanks for the info 

You’ll know next Sunday when we get another timely reminder we’re miles behind!