Morelos penalty

Essandoh

10 minutes ago, sassaaaa said:

Was another ridiculous decision and it doesn't matter what way you view it , it was a stonewall penalty and never a booking. Would have liked a statement from the club on this.

I would have liked my numbers to come up last night but there's as much chance of that as the board saying anything. Spineless.

I think it was a penalty as the keeper never touched the ball but at the same time I think Morelos played for it and let his leg trail which came into contact with the keeper. This is something lots of players do and most get the pen especially when the opposition don’t touch the ball.

Has Murty commented on this or is this another bad decision we will just blank like many others ?

48 minutes ago, Sportingintegritymyarse said:

First I've seen it. Yet another absolutely shocking decision. I'm sure we'll appeal if possible but if folk are wondering why Morelos often appears so frustrated then you only need to look at this and pretry much every booking he's received this season.

He has been on the wrong end (again) of baffling decisions and I can't think of many of any where he's got the benefit of decisions.

The booking he got against Hibs at Ibrox was absolutely ludicrous but, as usual, nothing was said by the media or our club.

As the ref saw that as a dive, surely when he saw the state of the goalie he should have suspended play until the foreign object that caused the injury was found and disposed of. Surely one of the journalists that are allowed direct access to the referee’s match report, could clarify it for us..

1 minute ago, Ibroxholm said:

The booking he got against Hibs at Ibrox was absolutely ludicrous but, as usual, nothing was said by the media or our club.

Yep.

I'm struggling to remember anytime I actually thought Morelos deserved his yellow yet some of the decisions against him specifically are beyond ludicrous.

Everyone knows Lego gets away with stuff others wouldn't. I reckon Morelos more than any player gets penalised for things others wouldn't.

1 minute ago, Sportingintegritymyarse said:

Yep.

I'm struggling to remember anytime I actually thought Morelos deserved his yellow yet some of the decisions against him specifically are beyond ludicrous.

Everyone knows Lego gets away with stuff others wouldn't. I reckon Morelos more than any player gets penalised for things others wouldn't.

Last week when he charged the absolutely shite ref because he didn't get a free kick for the foul on him. He was right to be pissed off but not to literally square go with him :lol:

5ac9fde2afae5_MorelosAngry.gif.599611fd17a3d5fde2455c40ab9794ab.gif

Next we'll see him getting sent off in the tunnel for violent conduct
5ac9fc1364d6f_MorelosGif.gif.3c2c394265f775008ac6ae82ab183000.gif

7 minutes ago, NeoGeo7 said:

Last week when he charged the absolutely shite ref because he didn't get a free kick for the foul on him. He was right to be pissed off but not to literally square go with him :lol:

5ac9fde2afae5_MorelosAngry.gif.599611fd17a3d5fde2455c40ab9794ab.gif

Next we'll see him getting sent off in the tunnel for violent conduct
5ac9fc1364d6f_MorelosGif.gif.3c2c394265f775008ac6ae82ab183000.gif

Aye apart from that one ?.

Though again it was due to frustration from him being penalised again.

The semi final against Motherwell, spent the whole game getting kicked up and down the park, went through on goal at one point only to be kicked up in the air and didn't even get a free kick. Later on he was blatantly elbowed in the face, no punishment. Morelos then clumsily bumps into a Motherwell player in the middle of the park, couldn't be booked quick enough by the ref.

This, along with the McGregor stone cold stunner on him, booked for diving yesterday, the foul in the box at ibrox by simunovic. It's no wonder the guy gets so wound up ?

8 hours ago, NeoGeo7 said:

So the ref's point of view he can see the keepers hands don't touch morelos as he goes past, but he doesn't see the keepers head hit because his body obscures the view however you see his head cock back and then straight after the keeper is holding his head.

5ac9ebf057a83_MorelosPenalty.gif.ea490d08ce033386d0ea012c65772b76.gif

His actions after booking Morelos show that he is aware the keeper is injured and needs treatment. So there was contact so no dive so its either a) a penalty and b) booking Morelos for an onrushing goalkeeper getting injured when he collides with the striker???

5ac9ebac929f9_StupidRef.gif.eb149951343a1680956ece77af55f6f2.gif

?

14 minutes ago, .Williamson. said:

I still think the most bizarre decision this season was when Tav was hit with a swinging neckbreaker in the first Hibs home game of the season and nothing happened 

Morelos getting a foul gave against him for this was worse imo.

367062BC-40B1-4C77-98A2-3AB6B6497D35.jpeg

3 hours ago, MasterD said:

Won the appeal. Yellow taken away.

Was always going to be the case . Greg Aitken would have been on the phone first thing on Monday morning to apologise to Graeme Murty and Alfredo . That's how it works now , I'm sure I read Brenda say  :huh:

33 minutes ago, scottyc06 said:

100% the right decision but the rules are fucking backwards with this! Had this been his second yellow & he had been sent off we couldn’t appeal it but we can appeal it because it was just a yellow?! 

I think you've answered my question before I've asked it, but I honestly thought you couldn't appeal a yellow card - are you saying any stand alone yellow card offence can be appealed?

Good that he won the appeal. Should never have been booked so on that front it's a positive.

Having said that, appealing was the wrong decision in my opinion. He'd have missed the Hearts game and now, if I understand correctly, if he gets booked against Hearts he'll miss Aberdeen away. If he makes it as far away as celtic (league) before getting a booking he'll miss Hibernian away. I really hope we're not now going into the final game needing a win to secure 2nd and he's unavailable...