Paul Murray and Barry Scott Resigned

GRFC96

1 minute ago, markem said:

Could this be as straight forward as new investors having conditions around who is and isn’t on the board?

I think that’s the hope.

If past events provide us anything to base this on then it suggests real disharmony in the boardroom (which I think we already knew about)

15 minutes ago, The Ibrox Derry said:

He has the perfect attributes to be a Council Leader eh. Loves a meeting, can talk till the cows come home and never achieve anything. Maybe that's harsh but i think Rangers need a change.

Harsh?Let him off lightly there.Obviously you meant Glasgow Council because he seems to do everything to help and appease those from the East!!!

1 minute ago, NeoGeo7 said:

I think that’s the hope.

If past events provide us anything to base this on then it suggests real disharmony in the boardroom (which I think we already knew about)

Paul Murray doesn’t resign from that Job due to disharmony imo 

2 minutes ago, markem said:

Paul Murray doesn’t resign from that Job due to disharmony imo 

Well hopefully that’s the case and there is news of investment related to gerrards appointment to spearhead a revolution.

Well that is good news about PM, he has been a nothing all his time on different Rangers boards , BS I think put in some money or fronted money (loans?) into the Club form HK so I am not sure why he has left at the same time.

Since we the fans are always the last to know what is going on I am going to say this will hopefully be the start of King going and someone taking over that can finally take the Club forward. The other options that have been mentioned are too uncomfortable to think about at the moment.

18 minutes ago, TMB said:

So you think Fenway are just going to pump money in without buying shares?  So their only return on that investment would be that Steve G gets some managerial experience. 

.....and farm out rough diamonds with some returning polished!

We have no idea what is playing out behind the scenes but if Fenway, for example,  were to invest (lets pluck what seems like a ridiculous figure out of the sky) £100m, that sum of money is absolutely fuck all to them. They made £137m profit just be selling Coutinho. They could make the same profit again if they were to cash in on Salah (or if he forced a move to Spain).

Then you've got all the Sky money sloshing around and this years Champions League money (circa £100m if they were to win).

Now, i'm not saying they would be willing to spunk £100m over us but given the sums of money they are dealing with it is not inconceivable that a business group  with a long term view may think investing £100m to develop a future manager and a host of kids and reserve players is money well spent. In today's market all they need to do is unearth one gem and the costs are covered. £100m is eye watering to scottish football and a drop in the ocean to EPL clubs. Its not only about investing in people. They'd be gaining additional training facilities, corporate hospitality etc.

How any such  investment is achieved  is another matter. 

5 minutes ago, beararse said:

We have no idea what is playing out behind the scenes but if Fenway, for example,  were to invest (lets pluck what seems like a ridiculous figure out of the sky) £100m, that sum of money is absolutely fuck all to them. They made £137m profit just be selling Coutinho. They could make the same profit again if they were to cash in on Salah (or if he forced a move to Spain).

Then you've got all the Sky money sloshing around and this years Champions League money (circa £100m if they were to win).

Now, i'm not saying they would be willing to spunk £100m over us but given the sums of money they are dealing with it is not inconceivable that a business group  with a long term view may think investing £100m to develop a future manager and a host of kids and reserve players is money well spent. In today's market all they need to do is unearth one gem and the costs are covered. £100m is eye watering to scottish football and a drop in the ocean to EPL clubs. Its not only about investing in people. They'd be gaining additional training facilities, corporate hospitality etc.

Everything that you write I like except the concept that we are somehow a feeder club for Liverpool :no:

If decent money is invested there is a strong chance in 2-3 seasons we might play them in Europe....how would that work. It was an issue for Ashley when he tried to invest more in us so I can’t see how Fenway can be involved (directly anyway). 

31 minutes ago, ritchieshearercaldow said:

It is intriguing, why would they resign now, if they are in agreement about Gerrard then they could have waited till he was in place and avoid speculation 

If they disagreed then they could have waited until he was in place to avoid speculation 

Maybe they are two of the three conditions Gerrard was wanting cleared up, sadly I don’t think King is the third.

On 5/1/2018 at 09:58, ritchieshearercaldow said:

I can see why some (taigs mostly) are telling SG not to touch it, I’d hope at least one of his three demands is for a shake up of the board.

On 5/1/2018 at 10:03, OhW said:

Of course that won't be one of the demands. It's the board that hire him, why on earth would they agree to that? 

On 5/1/2018 at 10:08, ritchieshearercaldow said:

I was being sarcastic.

8 minutes ago, beararse said:

Do we want to sell out & become a feeder club?

15 minutes ago, HG5 said:

Do we want to sell out & become a feeder club?

Stopped reading at 100m being fuck all to them, I cant take bottons like you seriously.

I’ve quoted you by mistake there bud my apologies it was beararse I meant to quote??