Well done Alfredo

kaiser1041

3 hours ago, muldoon1690 said:

Why does everybody keep going on about this Chinese money?? I highly doubt the bid existed. If it’s true that they have to pay 100% tax on all foreign players then your basically talking of a bid of 22 million. 

Hmmm, seems I,m not the only one that must be " reekin", judged by the number of folk who've expressed the same opinion.

3 hours ago, muldoon1690 said:

Why does everybody keep going on about this Chinese money?? I highly doubt the bid existed. If it’s true that they have to pay 100% tax on all foreign players then your basically talking of a bid of 22 million.

i dont believe the £8million figure, id sell him for 4 million and be greatful for it. The way hes playing now hes not even worth that 

4 hours ago, muldoon1690 said:

First time I've ever seen those three words in one paragraph  :mutley:

22 hours ago, Sportingintegritymyarse said:

The way he's playing he's not suited to any style of play. Fails to score, hit target, head correctly, be predatory, shut defenders down, etc. His one good pass to Murphy simply isn't enough. Not when you also see a failed simple cutback and a shot balloon miles off target. Perhaps you can enlighten me as to what style of play suits this Morelos we're seeing.

Why is he the one at fault? It's the thread about him, Windass gets a wee bit of criticism on his too if you're not aware. 

Who else is at fault for Morelos poor form, attitude and effort, and how do they sort themselves out so that this sensation of yours can be the star of the show?

He seemed to be suited to Pedro's style of play. How many goals did he score after he left??
I think that shows that he is capable, it's just that if we want it to work then it has to be his way.
Like I said before, if we provide him with opportunities he will score. We can't expect him to chase down balls and create everything for himself. By all means change his position, make him the provider for others, but to expect him to play two positions is just lazy on everyone else's part.

As far as I'm concerned it's a new season and it's a fresh slate. I don't think he missed any gilt-edged chances in the Shkupi games, but I also don't think he was provided with many - this does not mean he has bad form. The whole team played poorly, and it's understandable because it was the first game back after Summer with a few new players.

Support the players & tthe team, give them encouragement and positive reinforcement.

Don't be a glory hunter.

9 minutes ago, dougaaley said:

He seemed to be suited to Pedro's style of play. How many goals did he score after he left??
I think that shows that he is capable, it's just that if we want it to work then it has to be his way.
Like I said before, if we provide him with opportunities he will score. We can't expect him to chase down balls and create everything for himself. By all means change his position, make him the provider for others, but to expect him to play two positions is just lazy on everyone else's part.

As far as I'm concerned it's a new season and it's a fresh slate. I don't think he missed any gilt-edged chances in the Shkupi games, but I also don't think he was provided with many - this does not mean he has bad form. The whole team played poorly, and it's understandable because it was the first game back after Summer with a few new players.

Support the players & tthe team, give them encouragement and positive reinforcement.

Don't be a glory hunter.

Header in the first game.  Maybe he misses Pedro's latino ways.

59 minutes ago, dougaaley said:

Don't be a glory hunter.

Ach here we go, another Blue Peter 9, probably from FF.

He missed one header in each game that I'd say we're strong chances. He missed target ridiculously badly on both attempts. He ran into the edge of the box and with his shot ballooned it miles over on Tuesday. He had the chance to cut back to an unmarked player in the centre of the box also on Tuesday. Fucked up again. And again. And again.

Are you saying that he can only adapt to certain systems? Or perhaps it's not the system it's just that at the moment he's effectively chucked it?

Why should a CF be provided with opportunities? Are they too precious to graft and create them too? Or is he so good at finishing he just let's the others do the graft whilst he takes the glory..... or doesn't since January. Perhaps if he learned a CF position and went front post for crosses instead of at the back post behind 2 defenders the ball might actually find him..... 

Again, I'll criticise others on various threads but the way it's done on here is that on a thread on a particular player it's acceptable to comment on that player. And that player has been arguably our worst player over 2 competitive games.

I'll support the team and players at games, but on forums it's a bit wankish to be that uber guy that's all happy clappy. And it's got us nowhere for years kidding on players or managers are better than they are. Even BP9 probably gets that now.

Needs pulled out the firing line for a few games but hasn't been able to due to no cunt being able to come in. Hopefully since our no9 shirt hasn't been taken yet Allen and Gerrard will bring in a proven striker to help him out. Morelos coming off the bench for 20 mins when the game is streched and opposition tired would be a great option. 

23 hours ago, Sportingintegritymyarse said:
  1. Are you saying that he can only adapt to certain systems? Or perhaps it's not the system it's just that at the moment he's effectively chucked it?
  2. Why should a CF be provided with opportunities? Are they too precious to graft and create them too? Or is he so good at finishing he just let's the others do the graft whilst he takes the glory..... or doesn't since January.
  3. Perhaps if he learned a CF position and went front post for crosses instead of at the back post behind 2 defenders the ball might actually find him..... 
  4. Again, I'll criticise others on various threads but the way it's done on here is that on a thread on a particular player it's acceptable to comment on that player. And that player has been arguably our worst player over 2 competitive games.
  5. I'll support the team and players at games, but on forums it's a bit wankish to be that uber guy that's all happy clappy. And it's got us nowhere for years kidding on players or managers are better than they are. Even BP9 probably gets that now.
  1. No, I'm saying that we should play to his strengths. You've already commented on how you don't think he's the best at heading balls, so how about we give him more through balls that he can chase down instead of crosses??? Things that he is suited to...
  2. I'm pretty sure it's a team game, and if Morelos is playing as a striker then I'd argue it's his job to score goals which the team help to create, not for him to do everything while the others defend. Maybe we should just do away with the defence and expect McGregor to still save everything?
  3. I'm a bit confused here, it seems like you're saying that he's a striker being forced to play a CF role which he may not be suited to? Isn't this the point I''ve been trying to make?
  4. You're free to criticise and vent your frustration in whichever manner you deem appropriate, just like I am. I just don't feel that yours is very constructive, or good for your well being because they're not going to hear it.
  5. You have your approach and outlook on life, and I have mine. I believe mine is better because I'm pretty sure that I'm enjoying life a lot more than your are...

On 19/07/2018 at 20:04, esquire8 said:

Needs pulled out the firing line for a few games but hasn't been able to due to no cunt being able to come in. Hopefully since our no9 shirt hasn't been taken yet Allen and Gerrard will bring in a proven striker to help him out. Morelos coming off the bench for 20 mins when the game is streched and opposition tired would be a great option. 

First 6 words of your post are spot on.

Cant think of a worse option coming off the bench when you need something, hes a huffy bastard at the best of times, I reckon he would refuse to be a sub never mind coming on for 20 mins or so.

2 hours ago, dougaaley said:
  1. No, I'm saying that we should play to his strengths. You've already commented on how you don't think he's the best at heading balls, so how about we give him more through balls that he can chase down instead of crosses??? Things that he is suited to...
  2. I'm pretty sure it's a team game, and if Morelos is playing as a striker then I'd argue it's his job to score goals which the team help to create, not for him to do everything while the others defend. Maybe we should just do away with the defence and expect McGregor to still save everything?
  3. I'm a bit confused here, it seems like you're saying that he's a striker being forced to play a CF role which he may not be suited to? Isn't this the point I''ve been trying to make?
  4. You're free to criticise and vent your frustration in whichever manner you deem appropriate, just like I am. I just don't feel that yours is very constructive, or good for your well being because they're not going to hear it.
  5. You have your approach and outlook on life, and I have mine. I believe mine is better because I'm pretty sure that I'm enjoying life a lot more than your are...

Intae him mate, finish him off.

3 hours ago, dougaaley said:

1. Ok, hes so good our manager should develop a system to suit this one misfiring player? Interesting concept that. He doesn't score with chances he gets, he looks disinterested, lacks effort, sulks like a petulant wean, so SG should alter his philosophy to suit an under performing player who may soon be getting dropped. Excellent. But no headers.....?

2.It is indeed a team game but the only petulant individual who appears to think it's all about himself is Morelos. You seem to back his views and want the team to work on his behalf. 

3.It's simple. An attacker who expects to score goals should know the best runs and positions to be in to maximise this. Morelos fails here. Should maybe give him mccoist videos to watch.

4.I'm fine, thanks nurse.

5.You do surmise an awful lot, not knowing me in the slightest. But that's fine by me, your happy clapping must give you such pleasure and inner peace ?

Most of our best play comes down that right side from Tavernier and Candeias.  They are both quality crossers of the ball and we're not making the most of that by having a guy who is poor with his head as our main striker.  There was a couple of occasions last season when Tavernier put the ball right on the head of Morelos, like the Old Firm game back in December, and the striker blew it.  These missed chances cost us over the course of a season. 

true2.gif.a3a35603654cd6af2f238bc848cc6302.thumb.gif.62d309ce833c234d9f2841ce73a9b3a9.gif

Also, it seems like Morelos only has one pace.  He's jogging around all the time and very rarely do we see him break in to a sprint.  I'm not sure if he's trying to conserve energy or what but it's frustrating because we know he's quick on the deck.

On a side note, it's strange to see us as a team have two guys on the right who look to stay wide and cross the ball all the time but nobody doing it on the left.  On the left we have Flanagan, Arfield, and Murphy, who are all right footed and none of them look to go on the outside and fire crosses in.  We just seem to have the wrong mix about us as a team.  

16 hours ago, Sportingintegritymyarse said:

1. Ok, hes so good our manager should develop a system to suit this one misfiring player? Interesting concept that. He doesn't score with chances he gets, he looks disinterested, lacks effort, sulks like a petulant wean, so SG should alter his philosophy to suit an under performing player who may soon be getting dropped. Excellent. But no headers.....?

2.It is indeed a team game but the only petulant individual who appears to think it's all about himself is Morelos. You seem to back his views and want the team to work on his behalf. 

3.It's simple. An attacker who expects to score goals should know the best runs and positions to be in to maximise this. Morelos fails here. Should maybe give him mccoist videos to watch.

4.I'm fine, thanks nurse.

5.You do surmise an awful lot, not knowing me in the slightest. But that's fine by me, your happy clapping must give you such pleasure and inner peace ?

1. If he wants to make the most out of him, I would say yes. We supposedly turned down £8m for him, so I'd say that if are intent on keeping him then he should be the focus. Gerrard is a young inexperienced manager, I can guarantee you that he has absolutely no experience in helping players change their styles or positions. So do we play to Morelos' strengths, or do we discard him and waste more money on another striker?

2. I don't speak Colombian, so I don't know Morelos' opinions/beliefs. I don't think he's petulant or selfish. From what I have seen of him playing, I would say that he's quite a determined wee fellow who rightfully gets annoyed when he's not performing well or scoring goals. I think I've been pretty straight forward in saying that if we are going to play Morelos in the striker position, then the whole team should be using him as a focal point and providing him the opportunities to score goals.

3. I'm sure he knows the best positions and runs to make for HIS style of play, but if managers and team mates don't do this, or attempt to change him, they can't be annoyed when things don't work out. We seen this when people were complaining about Boyd's lack of work rate compared to Kenny Miller - two different types of players. Just let players do what they do best.

4.  /S

5. I'm sure the same could be said for you making assumptions and generalisations about me. But yes, I'll enjoy being content, and you can continue being you.

1 hour ago, dougaaley said:

1. If he wants to make the most out of him, I would say yes. We supposedly turned down £8m for him, so I'd say that if are intent on keeping him then he should be the focus. Gerrard is a young inexperienced manager, I can guarantee you that he has absolutely no experience in helping players change their styles or positions. So do we play to Morelos' strengths, or do we discard him and waste more money on another striker?

2. I don't speak Colombian, so I don't know Morelos' opinions/beliefs. I don't think he's petulant or selfish. From what I have seen of him playing, I would say that he's quite a determined wee fellow who rightfully gets annoyed when he's not performing well or scoring goals. I think I've been pretty straight forward in saying that if we are going to play Morelos in the striker position, then the whole team should be using him as a focal point and providing him the opportunities to score goals.

3. I'm sure he knows the best positions and runs to make for HIS style of play, but if managers and team mates don't do this, or attempt to change him, they can't be annoyed when things don't work out. We seen this when people were complaining about Boyd's lack of work rate compared to Kenny Miller - two different types of players. Just let players do what they do best.

4.  /S

5. I'm sure the same could be said for you making assumptions and generalisations about me. But yes, I'll enjoy being content, and you can continue being you.

1. Then you're a moonbeam. There's a whole lot more been wrong with Morelos than form since January. But yeah let's devise a system around him.

You cant guarantee nothing about SGs previous unless you were standing beside him daily with Liverpool u18s. Were you?

We drop him, if he really wants it he shows how much and forces himself into the manager's 1st pick. If he can't, won't, or doesn't force himself in then we look to sell. 

2. You don't think he's been petulant or selfis? Utter bollocks and more than moonbeam stuff now. I'll happily debate aspects but if you don't recognise that aspect then you simply don't watch or understand football. Or mannerisms.

3. He's certainly showing he knows his style but for 7 months now it's not been successful. He runs beside or behind CHs, let's blame the winger for the cross. He runs offside, that's the midfield fault obviously. He misses chances, not his fault it's his teammates for not doing more for him.

Very good.

4. I'll send the nurse over to reduce your medication.

5. Glad we agree on this point my moonbeam, happy clapper friend.