Well done Alfredo

kaiser1041

I dunno where alfredo has gone so wrong. I thought when he first arrived he looked so composed with headers, yet lately it has been possibly the worst part of his game.

I think hes the type of player where confidence breeds confidence, but the misses in big games have slaughtered him and now its in a downward spiral. Only thing is I dont think we can afford him the time to get some goals, get some confidence and hopefully make more goals from it. By then I think we would have lost games by his lack of a cutting edge.

For me we definitely need to buy a new 18 yard box hound. The presence of someone putting him under the cosh may also bring his game out again.

17 minutes ago, ready1873 said:

Cummings and Miller would have done far better tonight. He's a fucking joke. 

Oh yeah, let's get Miller back for the eight time. The guys a footballing pensioner, not someone we need to even think about any more thanks very much.

Have to agree Morelos has lost it,

looks even slower, and worse with the heading. control of ball is useless,

loses it more by holding on too long, doesn't make a simple pass when needed.

For a moment he does something right but we need it for a whole game, not for a moment in time.

He's not going to improve.

Has to be dropped and brought on as a useless sub to waste time.

What am I not seeing that the managers see? 

Forget Umar, we need another two strikers (plus a creative midfielder) in as competition. Morelos has a good goal tally to show from last season but  looks shot of confidence and is more than partial to a strop. The pressure of being our frontline striker responsible for goals seems a burden on him in there two games.

8 hours ago, HG5 said:

Did that a couple of times last week, as well, where the keeper made good interceptions, but would have been totally stuffed by a near post run.

Yeah he tends to wait for the cross rather than attack it. We are crying out for a Hateley type striker.

His finishing has been piss poor for a while.

When he receives the ball close to goal it looks like he can't make up his mind what to do with it.

Also needs a month of intensive heading practice.

In his defence he is often asked to hold up the ball with little support. If your confidence is gone - and I think that's a big part of the problem - playing on your own up front must be fucking hard going. Maybe when Umar is available we'll have Alfie on the bench.

12 hours ago, islanderbear84 said:

I dunno where alfredo has gone so wrong. I thought when he first arrived he looked so composed with headers, yet lately it has been possibly the worst part of his game.

I think hes the type of player where confidence breeds confidence, but the misses in big games have slaughtered him and now its in a downward spiral. Only thing is I dont think we can afford him the time to get some goals, get some confidence and hopefully make more goals from it. By then I think we would have lost games by his lack of a cutting edge.

For me we definitely need to buy a new 18 yard box hound. The presence of someone putting him under the cosh may also bring his game out again.

A lot of us, myself included, noticed his performance dipped hugely after the "Chinese interest". A lot of people refused to admit he was playing poorly, put it down to tiredness or whatever bullshit they wanted to, and were fond of saying "oh, but he works so hard for the team." Yeah, fair enough...

His job is striker, and he's not scoring and has been missing sitters for a long long time - and it's steadily gotten worse.

As I said when it seemed like everyone else was creaming about him - he is a young player with bags of potential - that is it.

The abuse I got for the sentence in bold ?

He cannot be and should not be our main striker, he's still learning his trade.