Club statement

Worrying that several posters and now Dave King have ran with that line, Leigh Griffiths would comfortably be our best player and is 3rd choice by some distance

We have never laid a glove on celtic in an attacking sense, even the 3-2 game we absolutely shat it and our goals were hardly free flowing football, it was obvious we would shite it 

We need a good 3/4 attacking signings just for this season, if we don't have enough then how do we expect to have enough when it inevitably goes tits up because we didn't invest and the full squad and staff need overhauled?

Will Dave King and the board ever learn that one season leaving everyone in no doubt we will be successful costs less than 4 seasons ripping it up and starting again?

6 minutes ago, Prso's headband said:

A bit pointless in some regards. In others it’s worrying he reiterates the top scorers in the league point. We need to strengthen in that area. That reads to me like it isn’t happening. 

https://Rangers.co.uk/news/headlines/dave-king-supporter-update/

Why does it read to you like that? Do you think Gerrard is gonna go to him and ask for Strikers and King will tell him no because we scored loads last season?

Vintage King. He'll double down and go all in on peddling the 'top scorers in the league' pish. Clear as day to anyone that major investment is needed from middle to front, if not it's 2nd at best and another trophyless season.

The fact he's started already, to me, indicates we won't be getting what's needed and the murmurs of major, new investment to back Gerrard surfaced purely to sell season tickets - which will underpin almost all spending yet again. 

8 minutes ago, McEwan's Lager said:

I laughed at the line about costs of replacing Managers and playing staff. All down to the board’s inability to appoint a proper one in the first place.

Rest of it is poor me it’s everyone else’s fault. Throw in some lines about big bad SD and other clubs fans and personal attacks to keep the supporters onside.

Should have spared the fee for Traynor to write this.

We deserve better.

Why does everyone want to blame Traynor for every single thing written?

"Wednesday, 18 July 2018, 15:00

by Dave King"

Traynor is told what to do by King, so if anyone's got a problem with the clubs output surely it rests on him?

14 minutes ago, Siwel said:

Why does it read to you like that? Do you think Gerrard is gonna go to him and ask for Strikers and King will tell him no because we scored loads last season?

There was literally no reason for him to mention that at all, he did. So yes it reads to me like we were top scorers last season it’ll not be strengthened or strengthened minimally. 

Why is there a need to even mention it, seems random. 

8 minutes ago, Jack The Flipper said:

Why does everyone want to blame Traynor for every single thing written?

"Wednesday, 18 July 2018, 15:00

by Dave King"

Traynor is told what to do by King, so if anyone's got a problem with the clubs output surely it rests on him?

Wasn't blaming him.

I was saying that the statement is pointless hence 'should have saved the fee'.

6 minutes ago, Prso's headband said:

There was literally no reason for him to mention that at all, he did. So yes it reads to me like we were top scorers last season it’ll not be strengthened or strengthened minimally. 

Why is there a need to even mention it, seems random. 

I don't think King is the one choosing what part of the squads to strengthen tbh so I disagree

If we are going into the season with the same midfield and front line then I'm afraid it's another battle for second place. 

Ideally we sell Morelos and Windass for decent money and invest in 3 or 4 quality attacking players.

Just now, Siwel said:

I don't think King is the one choosing what part of the squads to strengthen tbh so I disagree

I’m not meaning cause we’ve focused on defence. I’m meaning it sounds like Gerrard has spent or is close to spending his summer budget and that’s why King has mentioned the top scorers nonsense.  

And to think King isn’t part of the discussions on budgets us crazy. 

1 minute ago, Prso's headband said:

I’m not meaning cause we’ve focused on defence. I’m meaning it sounds like Gerrard has spent or is close to spending his summer budget and that’s why King has mentioned the top scorers nonsense.  

And to think King isn’t part of the discussions on budgets us crazy. 

I didn’t say that

So basically king comes out with this pish but before he clearly stated all he And Rangers need is to win one league and stop them from making  money from champions league. We are never going to win a league with the same pish as last season still here in the team