Club statement

38 minutes ago, Vision said:

If in doubt roll out the Bogey Man, I'd like to know who these " minority of vociferous supporters " are.

It's all us free thinking guys on Rangers media  that give a fuck what happens year on year ,Rangers supporters That must be his minority 

23 minutes ago, WilliamMunny said:

You're right actually. 

Gerrard said last night we lack quality in the final third.

DK comes out today with we were top goalscorers last season.

Worrying.

I actually don't see these two statements as being mutually exclusive and the fact we were the top scorers and finished third was totally down to having a weak midfield and a shocking defence.   SG has identified our weakest areas and we will hopefully leak a lot fewer goals this season.  

Although topscorers last season, with better quality finishing we could have scored 30-40% more goals given the chances we created and fluffed and it was the same under Warburton.

As for the statement - basic 'fluff' to kick off the season, I can imagine King having a glass of SA wine and thinking "oh, I better write a wee start of season statement." 

25 minutes ago, Vision said:

They always are but they know what we need as well as us, so it's quite strange.

We could probably get by with 3 more players at the minimum but they would have to be the same quality as Goldson and winning the league could be a struggle.

I have only looked on ff a couple of times when our site has been down and could not believe how different it was, so avoid it. 

We certainly need more players and can only hope SG insists on getting them.

If King backs Gerrard with more money will the people slating him come on here and apologise? Just asking because I didn't see anyone rushing to apologise for slating him for going to a Liverpool match (which he was entitled to do)  when it seems one of the reasons he was down there was to hold talks with Gerrard. Just in the interests of parity of course.

5 minutes ago, Drunk and disorderly. said:

If King backs Gerrard with more money will the people slating him come on here and apologise? Just asking because I didn't see anyone rushing to apologise for slating him for going to a Liverpool match (which he was entitled to do)  when it seems one of the reasons he was down there was to hold talks with Gerrard. Just in the interests of parity of course.

King has made promises he's yet to show any sign he's willing or capable of delivering on.

Once he's fulfilled all those promises, I'll apologise, until then, I'll continue to believe he's a waste of space.

8 minutes ago, Drunk and disorderly. said:

???

3 minutes ago, Drunk and disorderly. said:

If King backs Gerrard with more money will the people slating him come on here and apologise. 

If king gives Gerrard the money needed to bring in 1st team quality we badly need up front then aye. 

But kings track record since taking over and this latest statement talking the costs of management changes and highlighting the sqaud being top scorers in the league makes me think it won't be happening. 

Time to go in the window and more than happy to be proved wrong. 

4 minutes ago, BlueKnight87 said:

If king gives Gerrard the money needed to bring in 1st team quality we badly need up front then aye. 

But kings track record since taking over and this latest statement talking the costs of management changes and highlighting the sqaud being top scorers in the league makes me think it won't be happening. 

Time to go in the window and more than happy to be proved wrong. 

Didn't the board prove people wrong last summer? It's getting boring now listening to the same people making the same predictions every transfer window.

57 minutes ago, Drunk and disorderly. said:

If we get 2/3 good signings in before the start of the season . Not loans . Approx 3/4 Million spend at least . I will apologise

For at least a few days

59 minutes ago, Drunk and disorderly. said:

Until we win the league/become even remotely successful then no

1 hour ago, Drunk and disorderly. said:

If King makes good on his promises then people should stop slating him. They'd maybe ask why he's taken so long to do so.

Apologies are for when you've got it wrong.  so far those slating him are correct.  He has failed to make good on his promises.

And just so Malvern doesnt bite my head off again I want to point out that I havent slated King on here.  But i do agree he's not come good yet.

50 minutes ago, Drunk and disorderly. said:

Didn't the board prove people wrong last summer? It's getting boring now listening to the same people making the same predictions every transfer window.

In what way did they prove people wrong? 

For me king and co have not lived up to the promises.

AGM will be interesting - poor investment in poor managers and their poor players is not a reflection of Rangers supporters. 

It is a reflection of the poor board and their poor appointments. 

Anyway, where's your 120m that you claim will be forthcoming - 3 years ago. 

28 minutes ago, Drunk and disorderly. said:

They backed the manager with finances when many Bears said they couldn't/wouldn't.

But no where near enough to close the gap. Even with said backing we still finished 3rd. 

Challenging will require a better calibre of player and that won't come cheaply. 

4 hours ago, Amac9 said:

If we are going into the season with the same midfield and front line then I'm afraid it's another battle for second place. 

Ideally we sell Morelos and Windass for decent money and invest in 3 or 4 quality attacking players.

I don’t get this - if Morelos and Windass are good enough to attract the ‘decent money’ that  will allow us to ‘invest in 3-4 quality attacking player’ then surely that means we already have 2 great attacking players. It’s real warped logic imho!