Club statement

Well, that's your clearest indication yet that we can forget about the club spending significant sums of money on the quality of player we badly require, though I wasn't exactly holding my breath. Pretty clear there's a hard ceiling on the cash they're willing to invest (or, rather, re-invest from season tickets money) and we've almost hit it. 

Fairly obvious that SG rightly doesn’t see Morelos, Sadiq and Windass as adequate attackers for the season ahead but also now obvious that King hopes that they are.

Minimum two forwards (no more loans) required especially if we want to retain our highest scorers in the league trophy?

3 minutes ago, cushynumber said:

I like a wee update. Thats not actually an update and tells you precisely nothing.

The scoring comments also follows hot on the heels of Gerrards "we lack quality in the final 3rd"  comments. i could be reading too much into it but thats a bit worrying.

Not sure if you have noticed Cushy but I think we have three threads on this now. :happy:

Just now, Colin Traive said:

Fairly obvious that SG rightly doesn’t see Morelos, Sadiq and Windass as adequate attackers for the season ahead but also now obvious that King hopes that they are.

Minimum two forwards (no more loans) required especially if we want to retain our highest scorers in the league trophy?

sadiq hasnt even kicked a ball mate.

7 minutes ago, eejay the dj said:

I'd shut these clowns down at follow follow if the beggars win treble trebles 

They are massive part of the problem with King getting it so fucking easy on everything these last 3 disgraceful years 

If in doubt roll out the Bogey Man, I'd like to know who these " minority of vociferous supporters " are.

14 minutes ago, cushynumber said:

I like a wee update. Thats not actually an update and tells you precisely nothing.

The scoring comments also follows hot on the heels of Gerrards "we lack quality in the final 3rd"  comments. i could be reading too much into it but thats a bit worrying.

You're right actually. 

Gerrard said last night we lack quality in the final third.

DK comes out today with we were top goalscorers last season.

Worrying.

I just went on FF for maybe the second time ever and the contrast between supporters is astounding. How can there be so mush divide? I sit somewhere in the middle with that statement. I believe we will sign another forward, maybe at the expense of Morelos but I also see where DK refuses to take responsibility and continues to blame from past regimes.

14 minutes ago, Trooblue said:

Whining, defensive tone. Manages to convey the impression that involvement with the club is a major pain for him. 

Absolutely - and he does it every time he's asked to speak about us. You'd think it was an honour but he always says something to the effect of "much more work than any of us expected". 

7 minutes ago, Bears r us said:

Well apparently ff are licking his virtual ass as we speak. :duh:

They always are but they know what we need as well as us, so it's quite strange.

We could probably get by with 3 more players at the minimum but they would have to be the same quality as Goldson and winning the league could be a struggle.

7 minutes ago, bluenoz said:

I just went on FF for maybe the second time ever and the contrast between supporters is astounding. How can there be so mush divide? I sit somewhere in the middle with that statement. I believe we will sign another forward, maybe at the expense of Morelos but I also see where DK refuses to take responsibility and continues to blame from past regimes.

If Morelos goes then we need to replace him but we need more in even if he stays. And who was chairman when Pedro and Graeme Murty were appointed?

Defending the club when the SFA take the piss is great but it’s only half the battle.

Just now, Colin Traive said:

If Morelos goes then we need to replace him but we need more in even if he stays. And who was chairman when Pedro and Graeme Murty were appointed?

Defending the club when the SFA take the piss is great but it’s only half the battle.

Yes I agree.