The Negativity On Here

1 hour ago, Brackley Bluenose said:

I’ve come to the conclusion that a lot of people still consider us to be the free spending power house of the 90s and early 00s and that we should have the quality on the pitch to reflect that. Unfortunately and as sad as it is, we never will have superstars playing for us anymore. We play in a footballing backwater, have been completely mismanaged on and off the pitch and don’t have a pot to piss in. People need to temper their expectations in line with a realistic consideration of where we are as a club nowadays. 

For example on the pitch that will reflect as players that are ok but far from being top level ie Tav not a bad player, has good potential but frustrating as fuck defensively and on the whole inconsistent.  There’s a reason he’s playing for us and not in the premier league in England. 

I can’t speak for anyone else but I personally fully appreciate where we are as a club. 

I don’t expect us to be a powerhouse by any stretch. 

What i do expect us to be is, by some distance, the second best team in Scotland immediately and the best team in Scotland within 2 years. 

The former may prove to be the case over the course of this season. However there is a lot of people underestimating Hibs, Aberdeen and Kilmarnock. 

The latter looks a real stretch right now. 

10 in a row would be unthinkable. As would a treble of trebles. Just does not bear thinking about. 

1 hour ago, mitre_mouldmaster said:

I agree we have to improve, the result was overall better then the performance last night, although I would say the performance wasnt bad.

Its just that the criticism could be a little more constructive and upbeat. Its depressing as fuck at times!

For instance, some of Tavs defending was poor and it could have cost us, but some of it was actually decent, and he put in a marvelous ball to get us the win. I feel that many on his back refuse to even acknowledged the good that he done and just absolutely slate him. It has to be balanced.

He is a truly shite defender that is great going forward. 

I think that’s pretty balanced. ??

You want Negativity?

The RM Erskine Fund has only raised £1300 from only 41members so far this season!!!

These are not the kind of standards I expect from unrenewed RM Erskine Fund 2017/18 Members!  :p:

(If you're one of the 20 Members on the Pledged List - you can ignore this... for now!:p: )

I am not sure how many we have posting on RM on average but it is a lot of people, especially when we have a game on, so you are going to get a huge difference in opinion and in how that opinion is posted. Some like to say their piece without being too forceful others like to be a little over the top in how they put it across. What we are speaking about is human nature and most of us are different.

We have our favourite players and some we do not like and that certainly plays a part when accessing a performance, I am certainly guilty as charged,  but again that is just again human nature IMO.

Take Tav last night, his defensive frailties showed up once again, but his cross was great and if he had not made that cross leading to the goal would someone else have done it ?? Unlikely I think, but we cannot be certain.

Murphy I thought was the poorest I have seen him, but although he is right footed he has apparently always played on the left, maybe he did not think he would be as good and that got into his mind before the game. That could also be pure shite and he just had a bad night.

It also has to be remembered that we are all desperate for success and to stop the tarriers from winning more leagues and cups, I think Stevie G has shown he has a real desire to win as well and hopefully that desire will get through to the players, it just cannot happen overnight with so many new players. 

What I do know is this is a great forum and while we will always have different opinions surely we do not want to become like FF.

:cup:

3 hours ago, BridgeIsBlue said:

Is utterly embarrassing tbh, most can't wait to put the boot in weirdly enough. 

Discuss. 

I actually thought we lost the game when I started to read the posts on here, but not just last nights game, it's the same negativity after almost every game. 

2 hours ago, Bakbear said:

We need to win the league.

Until we have a team that is capable of doing that then the negativity will continue. There was a surge in optimism when Gerrard was announced as manager, I guess a feeling that, like the Souness revolution, there would be an influx of high calibre players. All we have seen is more of the same kind of signings we have seen for the last few seasons.

I have argued about the market we are shopping in being misfits, youngsters with potential or retirees. so i get that we can't attract the cream of the players but I equally understand the negativity around relatively unknown signings and loanees.

This latest team has a lot of development to do but as I said elsewhere I haven't seen too much to suggest that we are ready to challenge for the title

Agree fully I am the very same, evertime I see we’re singing a loan or someone who can’t get a game for pish teams in England I think it’s sole destroying , but it felt different last night we looked like men , strong, physical , defended well , nicked a goal , an all round perfect away European tie against a side that are no mugs , the big lad from Angers made a helluva difference, Yeah the usual suspects weren’t up to scratch, jack ,Murphy but all in all I was delighted with last nights result 

1 hour ago, jackrfc95 said:

Given where we currently are and what happened last year against Progres it absolutely isn't. 

And wherw are we currently, given we just spent over 3mill on a defender, probably spend up to 10x the wages that they are spending, and are massively bigger as a club on a whole, 

Then aye the 4th best macedonian team should be bread and butter for a club like Rangers, especially the Rangers as we are right now, to not score in the away leg was poor at best, 

Aberdeen are taking burnley on with no fear, yet jobbers from the Eastern bloc arent supposed to be easy for us? Nah im not buying it

1 hour ago, Siam69 said:

We literally had players last night who either joined days ago, or it was their first competitive game.

We will get better, last year we'd have lost that game, easily. Indeed, any of the past 5 years we would have.

Plenty positives,  plenty to work on, we will get fitter, players will get to know eachother's game, players will settle, which will in turn breed more confidence, we will get better.

It was our 3rd competitive game with so many new players, new Manager and backroom staff.

We havn't conceded a goal yet, which by far the area we needed to improve on.

There were positives, but overall it will take time, we're doing not bad so far, we will get better by each game.

The guys who have literally joined pulled us through the game last night, its the guys that have been here a while that were being hounded, rightly so, jack was sloppy in the wrong areas, tav is never a right back in his life, windass is windass, murphy is the new invisible man (took laws place) 

When tav gets dragged out of position once or twice, fair enough, when it hits double figures you can understand why fans get restless, and that mob knew we were weak down the flanks, thank fuck we had two beasts in the centre that looked like they'd head a brick wall if it meant stopping a goal (goldson getting massive praise but i like big katic's positioning and his reading of the game, he looks so comfortable) 

Aye it’s embarassing, any hint of hope/joy/fun is snuffed out, people taking their own personal problems out on the folk here, IMO. Lucky to have balanced pals to chat to about footy, fuck knows how you’d turn out if you sat and took in the opinions of the miserable on here

21 minutes ago, BlueEdu said:

Aye it’s embarassing, any hint of hope/joy/fun is snuffed out, people taking their own personal problems out on the folk here, IMO. Lucky to have balanced pals to chat to about footy, fuck knows how you’d turn out if you sat and took in the opinions of the miserable on here

Mate this place has more tarriers than kerryfail st, genuinely considering coming aff this, it has no positive effect whatsoever 

All ye do is spend most of the time arguing wae daftys

We have high standards, its important we dont let those standards slip and become Aberdeen

Everyone has the right to criticise players that they dont think are good enough, sure the team performed well last night and we got a great result but sub par performances still need to be highlighted 

48 minutes ago, Tomatasauce said:

Mate this place has more tarriers than kerryfail st, genuinely considering coming aff this, it has no positive effect whatsoever 

All ye do is spend most of the time arguing wae daftys

I hope you are reporting whoever you think is a tarrier so that admin can get them banned.