The Red Card

33 minutes ago, The Blue Sea of Ibrox 2000 said:

we Never a red ard at worst a yellow. He was elbowed and the retaliation was powder puff. The sheep were celebrating as though they won the league and were at home against ten men for 80mins. A lot of positives from the game a different mentality from last season showing we will not get bullied any more. Feels like a kick in the balls especially as the red card will probably be rescinded. 

Haha despite your numerous spelling errors I agree with most of that.

Just shows what drinking on a Sunday does to you ?

2 minutes ago, sandyinroyalblue said:

Do you think provocation should be taken into account given he was barged twice off the ball?

Yep, i think McKenna should have been booked for his part. However, Morelos is going to get provoked regularly and he's going to have to keep a cool head. He has to channel that fire in his belly - having that fire can be a good thing if you can control it 

1 minute ago, Sportingintegritymyarse said:

The day I want my CF dropping to the ground is the day I turn my kids alter boys.

Morelos was fouled twice, reacted once.

He's being targeted, yet you have a go yet not once gave you slated the defender, only Morelos. 

The linesman got him very harshly sent off. The ref chose not to send off a player for denying a goalscoring opportunity despite not making a genuine effort to tackle. 

Gerrard put Kent and ojaria onto the same park as Windass when we needed to battle to the death.

But aye.

Did you even bother to read my post? the parts in bold are precisely my point, Morelos I bet more than anyone in the last week would have been warned as to his behaviour, it doesn't matter what the fuck is done to you "do not react" but it only took him 11 mins to let all the warnings fly out the window and leave us a man down in the 1st game of the season. 

14 minutes ago, Deanzmeanzheinz said:

He's kicked out - it's in the soft bracket but it's not going to get rescinded - no chance 

It'll be overturned. Dont see much difference between that and Kipre's sending off last year for kicking out at Scott Brown and his was rescinded by the disciplinary panel as he hadn't used "excessive force".

22 minutes ago, slimjim1690 said:

Three mistakes Morelos done in that incident.

1. and the most important, all week Gerrard has been harping on about dicipline and not to be involved in making desicions for the ref to make, and 11 mins in what does that idiot Morelos do..........fucking brain dead.

2. he should have dropped to the floor at the 2nd dig, and maybe just maybe it was a different red.

3. is the most obvious, don't lash out you moron, haven't you got it yet? you're being targeted.

As far as I'm concerned Morelos has cost us the 3 points today just as much as the officials, I hope he gets reamed out by Gerrard for this, but then he'd probably take a hissy fit.

I like what you are saying and your option no. 2 is what he should have done. Something, I think, will be drilled into him. 

Soft as a baby's first shite but he took the bait and fell for it and should know better by now. Gerrard now knows what to expect and needs to start calling them out for it sharpen up the same way the mhanks manager and the plastic mhanks managers do in the mhedia. If he's going to stay with us, he needs to wisen up that if someone barges you twice inside 10 seconds, fall the second time, don't kick out.  As Gerrard said, surprised the asst felt the need to punish the petulant retaliation rather than McKenna's aggression. I hope his hamstring tear keeps him out for weeks, well past the transfer window and Aberdeen get no money. 

6 minutes ago, ritchieshearercaldow said:

I thought grabbing someone by the shirt and going head to head was pretty violent conduct....but seemingly not.

Yes 100%, summed up the officiating today, Devlin was pulling Arfield towards him by the shirt and bearing down on his forehead full of aggression. Lazy and the easy decision by Clancy, reminds me of the Stokes/ Tav incident last season, not good enough and needs credible challenge...

15 minutes ago, WATP-FOREVER said:

In an almost year long competition that can often be decided upon goal difference - Morelos is a fucking imbecile.

The boy made a mistake and will hopefully learn.  If an inocuous incident today warrants being called an imbecile, we have plenty of more experienced and illustrious former players who would fall into that category.  I know the result was disappointing today but give the boy a break.

Morelos needs to learn to fuck the defenders up but fairly i.e. during normal play, cunts are going to target him and he's rising to the bait but he needs to laugh in their face then wait for a 50/50 and go in hard like Flanagan is doing.

It's reminiscent of something like Beckham's flick against Simeone, nothing in it but it lets the referee make that decision. McKenna barging him and Morelos reacting simply needed a word between the players to say you've had your last warning any more and you're in the book.

Red card will be rescinded like most of Jack's last year but that doesn't help us get our lost 2 points back.

All we ask for is fairness and consistency and all we seem to get is biased and/or incompetent decisions.

We should be challenging the red card whether it gets over-turned or not we should be in their faces at every turn, we need to bitch about every little thing that goes against us make life as difficult as possible for them and make it public enough is enough with them its been going on far too long, anyone remember when Ian Black got studded in the chest by a Stirling Albion player and they just laughed at it, time we made a song and dance about the corruption within the Scottish game. 

13 minutes ago, HOPLITE said:

We should be challenging the red card whether it gets over-turned or not we should be in their faces at every turn, we need to bitch about every little thing that goes against us make life as difficult as possible for them and make it public enough is enough with them its been going on far too long, anyone remember when Ian Black got studded in the chest by a Stirling Albion player and they just laughed at it, time we made a song and dance about the corruption within the Scottish game. 

If the club think it should be challenged fair enough however appealing it could lend to a suspension of the player when we don't want it. Also I think any appeal is paid by the club although it might just be if it fails.

1 minute ago, gj923 said:

If the club think it should be challenged fair enough however appealing it could lend to a suspension of the player when we don't want it. Also I think any appeal is paid by the club although it might just be if it fails.

He will be suspended anyway mate I think a straight red is an automatic suspension,  I know appealing could maybe add to it but its doubtful we can't sit back and keep taking it we need to stand up and be counted. 

Was never a Red whether you think Mo was out of order or not. 

This happens week in week out on every pitch in the country. 

At best both of them get a talking to and told to cut it out, at worst you book both of them. 

You have to ask what the linesman was thinking, by the look of him when the camera went to him he was shitting it and couldn’t believe the Ref actually sent him off.