The Red Card

we Never a red ard at worst a yellow. He was elbowed and the retaliation was powder puff. The sheep were celebrating as though they won the league and were at home against ten men for 80mins. A lot of positives from the game a different mentality from last season showing we will not get bullied any more. Feels like a kick in the balls especially as the red card will probably be rescinded. 

2 minutes ago, The Blue Sea of Ibrox 2000 said:

we Never a red ard at worst a yellow. He was elbowed and the retaliation was powder puff. The sheep were celebrating as though they won the league and were at home against ten men for 80mins. A lot of positives from the game a different mentality from last season showing we will not get bullied any more. Feels like a kick in the balls especially as the red card will probably be rescinded. 

That red card will not be rescinded. It would be a waste of time appealing it 

You can call it soft but within the letter of the law........

However, so many other crap decisions (non-decisions) - 

The red card will not be rescinded. The retaliator will always get punished. They had a game plan from the outset to goad Morales and unfortunately he took the bait. And it's not the first time he's lashed out at someone. In this instance however, it should have been a yellow card to both players and nothing more. 

2 minutes ago, bluenoz said:

The red card will not be rescinded. The retaliator will always get punished. They had a game plan from the outset to goad Morales and unfortunately he took the bait. And it's not the first time he's lashed out at someone. In this instance however, it should have been a yellow card to both players and nothing more. 

I agree with all of that, especially the bit in bold and as SG said IF the linesman had given the ref the full story it would have been as you say two yellows, or after thinking about it probably a red for us and a yellow for them. 

Morelos needs to cut this shite out though he is giving officials a chance to make decisions and we know how decisions go against us in our country.  

12 minutes ago, Deanzmeanzheinz said:

That red card will not be rescinded. It would be a waste of time appealing it 

You can call it soft but within the letter of the law........

However, so many other crap decisions (non-decisions) - 

How is it within the letter of the law?,  serious question.  Because I assume it comes under 'violent conduct' but checking the laws it says violent conduct "is when a player uses or attempts to use excessive force or brutality against an opponent". No way was that excessive. 

2 minutes ago, Sportingintegritymyarse said:

Will NOT get rescinded. Authorities can't afford to start this season the way the whole last season went even though it's a shocker.

More fucking chance of Morelos getting suspended for the scum game than it rescinded.

if the card was appealed it would almost certainly be turned down and an extra game ban given which I think would rule him out of the scum game.

Don’t know what happened before or if anything was said but watching it Morelos was just walking away the cunt comes up a shoulders him, Morelos looks at him keeps walking and he does it again, ok he was petulant in lifting his foot (making no contact) but he was provoked twice, book him by all means, give him a talking to but it wasn’t worth a red.

3 minutes ago, slimjim1690 said:

Three mistakes Morelos done in that incident.

1. and the most important, all week Gerrard has been harping on about dicipline and not to be involved in making desicions for the ref to make, and 11 mins in what does that idiot Morelos do..........fucking brain dead.

2. he should have dropped to the floor at the 2nd dig, and maybe just maybe it was a different red.

3. is the most obvious, don't lash out you moron, haven't you got it yet? you're being targeted.

As far as I'm concerned Morelos has cost us the 3 points today just as much as the officials, I hope he gets reamed out by Gerrard for this, but then he'd probably take a hissy fit.

I think you are spot on with all of that, while it was a very harsh decision and I do not believe it would have happened if it had been a :aberdeen: player he has made a very silly mistake and as you say lost us two points. 

Set a precedent on the first day of the season and the rest of the cheating bastard referees and linesmen are under massive pressure to be consistent and punish every kick out with a red card this season.

The reason I think Morelos has been wronged is that if there's no provocation in terms of especially the second barge then there's no kick out.

5 minutes ago, Ibroxric72 said:

How is it within the letter of the law?,  serious question.  Because I assume it comes under 'violent conduct' but checking the laws it says violent conduct "is when a player uses or attempts to use excessive force or brutality against an opponent". No way was that excessive. 

He's kicked out - it's in the soft bracket but it's not going to get rescinded - no chance 

11 minutes ago, slimjim1690 said:

Three mistakes Morelos done in that incident.

1. and the most important, all week Gerrard has been harping on about dicipline and not to be involved in making desicions for the ref to make, and 11 mins in what does that idiot Morelos do..........fucking brain dead.

2. he should have dropped to the floor at the 2nd dig, and maybe just maybe it was a different red.

3. is the most obvious, don't lash out you moron, haven't you got it yet? you're being targeted.

As far as I'm concerned Morelos has cost us the 3 points today just as much as the officials, I hope he gets reamed out by Gerrard for this, but then he'd probably take a hissy fit.

The day I want my CF dropping to the ground is the day I turn my kids alter boys.

Morelos was fouled twice, reacted once.

He's being targeted, yet you have a go yet not once have you slated the defender, only Morelos. 

The linesman got him very harshly sent off. The ref chose not to send off a player for denying a goalscoring opportunity despite not making a genuine effort to tackle. 

Gerrard put Kent and ojaria onto the same park as Windass when we needed to battle to the death.

But aye.

5 minutes ago, Sportingintegritymyarse said:

Will NOT get rescinded. Authorities can't afford to start this season the way the whole last season went even though it's a shocker.

More fucking chance of Morelos getting suspended for the scum game than it rescinded.

I agree, he has a problem and with his temper and they knew that and sucked him in and he fucked it up. If you give these cunts the chance they will send off a Rangers player as fast as they can pull out their red card.