The Red Card

18 minutes ago, Smile said:

He let the team down today he knows by now that kicking out is a red card offence.

Spot on, the ref was terrible and Aberdeen should have had two off (Ball for the pen and the one who grabbed Arfield) but that doesn’t change the fact that kicking an opponent off the ball is a straight red.

If he had any brain he would have gone down after the barge and given the ref a decision to make in his favour. Instead he decided to be a petulant little shit and ended up costing us two points and letting down his teammates who played so well and fought for 80mins with a man down.

54 minutes ago, Ibroxholm said:

The boy made a mistake and will hopefully learn.  If an inocuous incident today warrants being called an imbecile, we have plenty of more experienced and illustrious former players who would fall into that category.  I know the result was disappointing today but give the boy a break.

Unlike our former illustrious former players, our guys, throughout this week have been drilled into keeping 11 players on the park.

Today would have been a huge marker, easily stuffing them there. 

Did we not have some player kick out at one of our players off the ball towards the end of last season and only get a yellow, think it was Bates that got kicked, and I feel like it happened a couple of times in the space of a few weeks. Maybe I'm remembering wrong and the player did get a red... 

We could argue all day as to whether it was a red card offence or not, the plain facts are that despite The Manger warning everyone about staying disciplined Morelos gave the officials a chance to make a decision which in the case of the linesman he grabbed with great vigour, in today's high tech environment its unforgivable.

2 minutes ago, j1mgg said:

Red or not, Morelos needs a boot up the arse with regards to this sort of behaviour.

A yellow would have sufficed, it was never a sending off offence, its a part of his game Morelos needs to cut out as it was just plain fuckin stupid as you say he needs told in no uncertain terms that it is unacceptable.

2 hours ago, sandyinroyalblue said:

Set a precedent on the first day of the season and the rest of the cheating bastard referees and linesmen are under massive pressure to be consistent and punish every kick out with a red card this season.

The reason I think Morelos has been wronged is that if there's no provocation in terms of especially the second barge then there's no kick out.

Your right Sandy let's just see how many players get straight reds for similar offences the rest of the season my guess will be not many.

3 minutes ago, Zappa6995 said:

We could argue all day as to whether it was a red card offence or not, the plain facts are that despite The Manger warning everyone about staying disciplined Morelos gave the officials a chance to make a decision which in the case of the linesman he grabbed with great vigour, in today's high tech environment its unforgivable.

what really pisses me off with Morelos is it only took him 11 mins, I could maybe (and that's a big maybe) understand if it had gone on for 75/80mins but within the 1st 15 mins is mental.

4 minutes ago, ianb1547 said:

how many of us would love to play against Morelos?   I think most defenders with any nous would get him sent off quite easily. That's the problem with him...needs to keep his cool - whatever the provocation

I hope Goldson and Katic start provoking opposition strikers just to see the reaction it'll get. 

Which will end up in them being sent off for provocation. 

2 hours ago, Sportingintegritymyarse said:

Will NOT get rescinded. Authorities can't afford to start this season the way the whole last season went even though it's a shocker.

More fucking chance of Morelos getting suspended for the scum game than it rescinded.

Doesn’t really matter because he can’t score against them anyway.

Although I did not think it was a red today there have been lots of other times where he has been very lucky not to have seen red. And although he is still a young boy he will need to learn to be disciplined when he pulls on the blue jersey he is of no use whatsoever to us sitting in the stand if he gets a ban.

21 minutes ago, Zappa6995 said:

Of course it’s forgivable ffs

Six hours after the game and I'm still so ****ing angry.

After weeks of watching games played in the World Cup throughout the summer without seeing  any red card incidents for violent conduct even though there were quite a few retaliatory acts similar to the one carried out by Morelos today, the controversy regarding Scottish refereeing decisions suddenly rears it's ugly head yet again.
After only eleven minutes of play we suddenly have a player sent off for a totally innocuous foul even though the referee didn't see it and the linesman didn't flag for it??
Who then made the decision, the fourth official  and if so why did the referre not approach and discuss the incident with him prior to making any decision.

The decision not to send Ball off following the penalty award was another blatant mistake which should be investigated by the refereeing panel.

Below are the FA rules for this particular type of foul

" Where a player commits an offence against an opponent within their own penalty area which denies an opponent an obvious goal-scoring opportunity and the referee awards a penalty kick, the offending player is cautioned if the offence was an attempt to play the ball; in all other circumstances (e.g. holding, pulling, pushing, no possibility to play the ball etc.) the offending player must be sent off. "

When that dildo produced the red i genuinely thought oh here we fucking go again man. Performance after that was superb though.

The team almost pulled Morelos right out the shite but we just fell short in seeing the game out.

Candeias will hopefully be dragging Morelos round the bus translating a good few apologies on his behalf on the way down the road.

2 hours ago, Deanzmeanzheinz said:

That red card will not be rescinded. It would be a waste of time appealing it 

You can call it soft but within the letter of the law........

However, so many other crap decisions (non-decisions) - 

Yeah but this is becoming too much of a regular occurrence, where we dominate games and lose points due to red cards which were wrongly awarded.  It has to be either a) incompetence or b) corrupt officials, either case it needs to be highlighted and investigated.   Ref sees the incident or we have VAR then there is no red.  

30 minutes ago, Zappa6995 said:

you were doing okay up to that point, we're talking about Scotland a fukking backwater, if we had VAR i doubt that would have been a red