Barisic signs

RangersMedia

2 hours ago, BlueMe said:

Flanagan has done absolutely nothing so far to suggest he's a better option at RB than Tav would be. 

Hard to judge when he's been played on the left when his natural position is right back. How would tavernier cope at left back? It's a scary thought tbh.

56 minutes ago, Budswiser said:

Only thing that sticks in ma craw is why do they almost always mention THEM in their first interview. Fuck them, we know we have to catch them and everybody knows about the "rivalry" but don't mention them. Gives them a sense of importance.

Nah, it's defos the right thing to do.

Whilst those fannies on the other side of the city want to try and talk it down we should be talking it up and building it up. It's the only thing sponsors and media people give a fuck about. 

Very happy and excited with this signing. 

It's starting to come together. Our back line now looks to be the best we've had in years. 

If we invest in a midfield playmaker and another striker. I think we have a sqaud that can mount a serious challenge 

2 minutes ago, Straight-Edge-Loyal said:

I would love both of those to be fair a new winger and a striker would make a huge difference to us.

Bočkaj is a brilliant player and I would love to get him at Ibrox. He's really the brains of that Osijek team and having just turned 22 years of age would be a brilliant investment. Henty might be a bit harder to get though as we would have to deal with MOL Vidi (Videoton) from Hungary as he is their player, and to be honest, I don't know if he could handle Scottish football on a weekly basis.

2 minutes ago, Ozblue said:

Bočkaj is a brilliant player and I would love to get him at Ibrox. He's really the brains of that Osijek team and having just turned 22 years of age would be a brilliant investment. Henty might be a bit harder to get though as we would have to deal with MOL Vidi (Videoton) from Hungary as he is their player, and to be honest, I don't know if he could handle Scottish football on a weekly basis.

The winger looked a tremendous player against us and impressed me a lot.

Henty looks strong and physical and with those your half way to being there in the Scottish leagues. 

10 minutes ago, psb07158 said:

Nah, it's defos the right thing to do.

Whilst those fannies on the other side of the city want to try and talk it down we should be talking it up and building it up. It's the only thing sponsors and media people give a fuck about. 

Know where your comin from, but I really don't see the need to mention them at all.?

3 minutes ago, Straight-Edge-Loyal said:

The winger looked a tremendous player against us and impressed me a lot.

Henty looks strong and physical and with those your half way to being there in the Scottish leagues. 

Although I'm doing cartwheels that big Borna has signed for us, I would not have been disappointed getting Bočkaj first of all, although it's perfectly understandable why Gerrard wanted Barisic in before anybody else. I don't really know anything about Henty other than what I've read and it seems he's a bit of the Morelos type player; moody when things are not going well, and can't really settle at any club.

7 minutes ago, Budswiser said:

Know where your comin from, but I really don't see the need to mention them at all.?

Don't blame the player for it; Player can't speak English too well and he comes out with stuff like that?  Traynor has his dabs all over these "interviews".

23 minutes ago, SheriffHood said:

Hard to judge when he's been played on the left when his natural position is right back. How would tavernier cope at left back? It's a scary thought tbh.

He made his Liverpool debut at LB I'm sure, and can play CB and RB.

2 hours ago, JM1872 said:

The absolute witch-hunt of Tavernier (not just from your post, there are others also) is getting ridiculous now. For a right back, ok yes there are times where he has played poorly, looked fragile etc, however  he works hard, is skilful and composed on the ball going forward, scores goals, free kicks and penalties, provides surely a higher average of assists than most full backs and is the club captain - whether people like it or not. If you swap Tavernier out for Flannigan at right back you lose a lot of that I feel, especially going forward (I am not writing Flannigan off. I have been very impressed since he came into the club.) 

The reality is Gerrard and his team have identified Tav as their captain. This current squad is not short on potential captains. The management team's judgement on signings, big decisions etc. so far has been relatively bang on and we should trust their decisions. They have obviously seen enough from Tav himself, the reaction of the squad to Tav and his personality to have made their choice. They have been quick enough to punt the roasters and incapables (which previous managers failed to do btw) so clearly Tav is rated. 

He is going nowhere for the foreseeable future at least, and I for one am glad of it. Gerrard will have his defensive plan, there may be 2 or 3 variations of it. However, whichever it is, all areas are very strong and will contribute greatly to our success this season. 

Tavernier's prowess going forward is not the problem, it is his poor defending ability.   Personally I'd put Flannigan at right back and utilise Tavernier further forward.