Barisic signs

RangersMedia

1 minute ago, Big Al II said:

Lol, just messing. Frees the wing backs up from worrying too much about defending.

Also helps cover in bigger games against cunts like celtic wingers/fullbacks and quick European teams getting in behind

4 minutes ago, GazzasOrangeFlute said:

Its clear to see Tav has more to offer attacking than defending always thought this we could play him on the right but not sure where candieas would slot in. 

Tav isn't as bad in defence as made out on here. He does get caught out of position sometimes and make the odd mistake, but which modern day fullback doesn't? 

His runs out from defence is probably one of his better attributes, so i wouldn't be changing the way he plays tbh. 

Maybe, like others have suggested, going to 3 at the back when we want to be more defensive is an option worth trying.

Lustig will be currently in training perfecting those zero contact rollovers and screaming in agony for the first game in a month's time! Think him , Lego muncher and The thump might be getting a wee tackle or two.

6 minutes ago, jackrfc95 said:

McGregor 

Flannigan Goldson Katic

Tav                                                      Barasic

Does Flanagan play CB? Also, a couple of injuries and we have to change formation entirely. More likely the boss actually wants competition for places?

4 minutes ago, BlueMe said:

Tav isn't as bad in defence as made out on here. He does get caught out of position sometimes and make the odd mistake, but which modern day fullback doesn't? 

His runs out from defence is probably one of his better attributes, so i wouldn't be changing the way he plays tbh. 

Maybe, like others have suggested, going to 3 at the back when we want to be more defensive is an option worth trying.

Flanno, Goldson, Katic

Tav, Barisic infront of them you mean? 

Would be awesome to see this set up. And you are right in what you are saying but i personally feel he would give us more in the right midfield role

2 minutes ago, Ger_onimo said:

Does Flanagan play CB? Also, a couple of injuries and we have to change formation entirely. More likely the boss actually wants competition for places?

According to Gerrard he can play as part of a back 3.

I personally don't think that formation is necessary for games against most teams in the league but bigger games maybe. 

44 minutes ago, K.A.I said:

Jesus christ that's honestly like something I'd read on Kerrydale Street when a taig tries to tell the world or anyone that would listen that we are signing shite.

Not at all. Barisic was one of the top performers in the tie and we are getting him for a steal.

If anything, the constant criticism for Tav is what you would expect to see from Kerrydale street.

It is irrational, especially when people start stating that this guy is a 'defensive minded defender unlike Tav' when the guy demonstrated that he was probably their biggest offensive threat.

5 minutes ago, cushynumber said:

another big lad at 6 feet 1 as well. This transfer window has suddenly turned us into a relatively big team

Been screaming out for it as exactly the way needed to take on the scum. Do to them what MON did against us.

33 minutes ago, Sportingintegritymyarse said:

Aye mate.

It's a strong looking 1st team but it's a long season and there'll be injuries, suspensions, injuries, loss of form, suspensions, injuries and suspensions to contend with. 

Given the way teams lay into us and the way our games are refereed we're still short of the 72 man squad we'll need to truly compete.

not forgetting howling refereeing decisions (although suspensions might cover that)