The pitch

GOAT

Just now, GOAT said:

That’s just off the top of my head Waghorn and Murphy got serious injuries on that pitch so far something needs tae be done.  Disgraceful 

Brendan hasnt complained so the pitch is okay.

But in all seriousness... it was a disgrace. Not even the fact that it was 3G but it looked like a shitey, worn-down, East Ayrshire Council 3G pitch in the middle of Shortlees

Just now, Siwel said:

Dodoo got injured on that pitch too I think

I’d be interested to know if other teams have have players seriously injured on that pitch, something needs tae be done. 

5 minutes ago, GOAT said:

I’d be interested to know if other teams have have players seriously injured on that pitch, something needs tae be done. 

Rodgers complained about it last season and blamed it for an injury to Boyata

Gerrard says these pitches in general (never mind Kilmarnocks abysmal one) should be permitted in the top league.

Never mind the fact he's right, expect this opinion to be roundly criticised in the press in the days ahead.

I mean players have fucked their ligaments on grass this season too. There was ehm, there was, eh.. .........no one.

18 minutes ago, psb07158 said:

Fucking embarrassing that a football club in the Scottish Prem has a plastic pitch

1/4 of the pitches in the league are artificial.

Going by experience the best artificial that a pro club uses is Broadwood and Accies being the worst. 

9 minutes ago, 1690tamRFC said:

Surely Killie must have an abnormal amount of ligament damage injuries from using the pitch too. You’d think grass would benefit them also. 

The thought had crossed my mind  but I don't recall Kilmarnock having many players missing through injury.

15 minutes ago, 1690tamRFC said:

Surely Killie must have an abnormal amount of ligament damage injuries from using the pitch too. You’d think grass would benefit them also. 

2 minutes ago, Real Ranger said:

The thought had crossed my mind  but I don't recall Kilmarnock having many players missing through injury.

I imagine that if you play and train on it all the time, you probably get accustomed to it and therefor it isnt as much of a risk to the home team. Probably more of a risk than always playing on grass, but would explain why half their team isnt injured constantly.

I think that visiting teams who are used to playing primarily on grass would be at a higher risk, as their muscle memory is telling them to twist and turn as if they were on grass.

44 minutes ago, Ryju84 said:

Brendan hasnt complained so the pitch is okay.

But in all seriousness... it was a disgrace. Not even the fact that it was 3G but it looked like a shitey, worn-down, East Ayrshire Council 3G pitch in the middle of Shortlees

Certainly does look like it's well past it's best and they have far too much infill on it to stop the ball over bouncing/running out.