Rangers 5-1 celtic (2000)

RockwellGers

1 minute ago, BillySastard said:

I feel the tide turning and hopefully these kind of results are not too far off for us.

Cheers for the video?

Hoping these performances are not too far off as well. I'm aware this is a different era but I can still hope for a high standard and some exciting dynamic football

21 minutes ago, RockwellGers said:

You don't think that was an epic? I would agree if I was saying "that pint was epic" or something like that. Context my man, context!

Epic as well as awesome should never be used.

11 minutes ago, BillySastard said:

Yeah. Was a strange comment:facepalm:

Thought it was a 5 star one myself

1 hour ago, RockwellGers said:

I've rewatched 4 or 5 epic victories against celtic tonight, culminating in this belter.

For me Jorg Albertz was fucking untouchable in this, such a powerhouse in every department. Holding up the ball, running at players, passing, also blocking and defending. Running the show. What a player. Sometimes I think he's the best we've ever had. He also had the temperament for these games, check him booting Petrov then squaring up to him around 1:08 haha.

So many great players in this side, and some great goals. My favourite goal was Amoruso's to make it 4-1, corner whipped in by Albertz and a bullet header, BOOM. Goals like that get such an explosive response in these games.

Just thought i would share that, I've enjoyed reliving each of these and I've felt such a rush watching each goal go in. Can't wait for this game on Sept 2nd, regardless of different eras, different quality, so-called gaps or gulfs between teams, I will relish this and I know Gerrard's men will too.

Never tire of seeing this so you can imagine what the beggars must feel like last few years 

Albertz was one ,if not my ultimate favourite player for Rangers

The most explosive player on his day .And he done the same thing in many big games for us .The quality and power he had was phenomenal 

Running with the balll ,his passing could be incredible ,his unbelievable shooting power .His passion for Rangers .

When Albertz  scored his amazing goals ,he always celebrated the way a player should celebrate a goal .Running to his own fans with nothing but absolute pleasure and joy on his face 

None of your pussy celebrations of nowadays 

Truly a mans man celebration imo 

Many of his thunderbolts brought the house down literally .No player could ever do this quite as often in this beautiful time to be a bear 

A giant for our club and should absolutely never be forgotten 

2 hours ago, eejay the dj said:

Never tire of seeing this so you can imagine what the beggars must feel like last few years 

The most explosive player on his day .And he done the same thing in many big games for us .The quality and power he had was phenomenal 

Running with the balll ,his passing could be incredible ,his unbelievable shooting power .His passion for Rangers .

When Albertz  scored his amazing goals ,he always celebrated the way a player should celebrate a goal .Running to his own fans with nothing but absolute pleasure and joy on his face 

Many of his thunderbolts brought the house down literally .No player could ever do this quite as often in this beautiful time to be a bear 

A tremendous player for us . I remember how my heart sank when stories started circulating that he couldn't get on with Advocaat . 

I might be wrong , but I'm sure we sold Albertz , GVB , Reyna and Tugay in a 12 month spell and replaced them with Nerlinger.  Took a couple of seasons to get over that and probably cost DA his job . 

17 minutes ago, Dickie1963 said:

My wife was on a bus trip that day and someone shouted out that Rangers had won 5 1. Someone else shouted out that celtic had beaten Rangers 6 2 earlier in the season.

The wife shouted out that Rangers won on away goals then.

Proud of her. 

You're a lucky man. Treasure her!!

Brilliant, I love that. 

Look at the strength of both clubs and see how far Scottish football has dropped. 

It’s not the only factor of course, but those who have wrecked our game in a blinkered attempt to bury us should be thoroughly ashamed of the damage they have done to their own clubs and football as a whole.

I think the arrival of Gerrard could save the game up here and hopefully we get a few results like that in the process.

9 hours ago, ForeverAndEver said:

@gogzy Can we have this person banned for the use of 'epic' please

If you don't think that was an epic game then there's something very wrong with you. That was two very good sides playing and the better of the two winning. There are glimmers of that kind of class starting to come from our players again and I would be over the moon if we can manage to get a result against them on the 2nd.

2 hours ago, big blue Fin said:

If you don't think that was an epic game then there's something very wrong with you. That was two very good sides playing and the better of the two winning. There are glimmers of that kind of class starting to come from our players again and I would be over the moon if we can manage to get a result against them on the 2nd.

I think he was just meaning that the word epic is overused. At least I didn't post the link saying "check out this bad boy", that one really irritates me. 

And yeah some may call it wild fantasy but I am seeing those glimmers too

2 hours ago, big blue Fin said:

6 minutes ago, RockwellGers said:

I think he was just meaning that the word epic is overused. At least I didn't post the link saying "check out this bad boy", that one really irritates me. 

And yeah some may call it wild fantasy but I am seeing those glimmers too

It’s a dreadful word is all ?

10 hours ago, eejay the dj said:

Yeah I never even mentioned his shooting or his free kicks...... just for all round power and quality the guy had everything.  Maybe the best ever!

Found this wee interview, well worth a watch. Mad how he says the best Scottish player in the squad (for potential) was Charlie Miller, but his career went to waste.

I remember this game well as I was working in london at the time and staying weekends in a hotel in richmond. The french receptionist who I was pumping reckoned the bar by the river side might put on football. Tried it out and they did put it on the telly as there was only 1 other cunt in the bar. He sidles over at some point and starts mumbling away in scottish accent. Turns out the prick is a rhabid scum fan in to watch the fitba. Dont remember all that much about the game but the sight of this slug shrinking further and further down the bar as each goal went in will stay with me for a while.