Offside...?

Redwhiteandblue

18 minutes ago, Blumhoilann said:

Look at the linesmans position,a few yards behind the play....but obviously the defender challenging Candeias doesn't count in the offside rule,wanker.

The defender is completely irrelevant . Morelos cannot be offside as he is behind the ball. 

If an official is not 100%certain he should not give a decision

Sean was 3/4 yards behind the play (I can forgive this given the speed of the break) and decided to GUESS or.......

Sometimes you see what you WANT to see

Sean saw what he wanted to see or he guessed

Either way Sean got it badly wrong

3 hours ago, Blue Avenger said:

Morelos was not offside. The linesman called it and the ref went with it. Was their a conspiracy? Probably not. Incmptence, most definitely yes, backed up with two biased hating bastards.

There isn't a decent ref in the land and there are a few most definitely bias, but let's not make it an excuse as a few are, for another inept Morelos performance. He isn't it and whether he will be is a matter of conjecture. He needs to get his head straight or he will never be it.  The hype surrounding him is embarassing and only when he can score regularly against the scum, and others, can he be it. Until that happens, his fan club are howling at the moon.

An inept performance where he got 2 assists :lol:

Youre a mong

That was as clear an onside that there is, no one in their right mind would have ever called that offside.

This then goes to confirm that we are getting decisions against us for one purpose, to lose us points. This season 3 points have been won successfully for the fenians and only till it became clear to the officials that they couldn’t affect the game, constraints to continue their agenda came into play. The media’s lack of condemnation for such an obvious level of disdain for the rules is also clear to see. 

4 hours ago, Howsitgoing said:

At that point they still had a chance to affect the result, if that was scored with Rangers already two up the officials wouldn’t of knocked off that perfectly good goal. Likewise if the penalty occurred whilst it was still 1-0 it wouldn’t of been giving. They don’t care how blatant their decision is as they know the media with uphold it and that goal been ruled offside is as blatant a cheat as you will see which the media will make very little of.

@plumbGER You’re slacking mate.

2 hours ago, Bakbear said:

I don’t particularly want to get involved in this wee debate however I do genuinely think that Morelos has some issues.

first there is undoubtedly ability there. Gerrard can see it, Falcao can see it and so can most of the people who are arguing over him. Let’s agree he has ability 

However during yesterday’s game I was reminded of Tino Asprilla. Another Colombian with even more ability than Alfredo, but perhaps with as much of a mentality issue. 

I made a joke a couple of weeks back but in every joke there is a little truth, I just think Morelos is not the brightest.

He needed subbed yesterday because he was starting his petulant kick outs and barges. The spitting incident as well. Innocent enough but why spit anywhere near another player. 

Be needs to really screw the nut and stop acting like a wee boy. He can be a player for us and he can earn a move but it will all hinge on him controlling his petulance

Asprilla was a lunatic off the field as well as on and 5 years older than Morelos when he was at Newcastle, its nowhere near comparable. I think its more akin to the current Zaha situation. He gets frustrated at what he sees as the injustuce of the officials. The number of times he gets fouled with no consequence or penalised for being stronger than his opponent is where you see him react. 

As he gets more experience he'll learn to temper his frustration and channel it. I wouldn't want him to lose that part of him I think its integral to his game. Its just learning how to direct it effectively. His physicality is key to his game and all he does is dish out what he's getting. The spitting 'incident' was laughable, show me a footballer who hasn't spat at some point? He wasn't even close to spitting at the player. Another example of the hysterical nonsense that gets trumped up against Rangers players.

15 hours ago, Vision said:

image.thumb.png.e96ea9ccb03388c916b8bca420623bc0.png

Linesman guessing, onside for me.

I might be wrong but I’ve always thought the rules state if the linesman isn’t sure then the benefit of the doubt goes to the attacking team? He’s clearly not positioned right so couldn’t tell so should have ruled onside. 

Looking at the image it looks as if Alfredo is behind Candeias when the ball is played anyway, so the goal should have been given.

3 minutes ago, Bristol loyal said:

I might be wrong but I’ve always thought the rules state if the linesman isn’t sure then the benefit of the doubt goes to the attacking team? He’s clearly not positioned right so couldn’t tell so should have ruled onside. 

Looking at the image it looks as if Alfredo is behind Kent when the ball is played anyway, so the goal should have been given.

Sorry but the linesman is as good as in line with Morelos perhaps not the ball however Candeias and the ball is ahead of him therefore if its ahead of him its ahead of Morelos.

Terrible decision once again that isn't even remotely a close call.

17 minutes ago, RFC Eagle said:

Asprilla was a lunatic off the field as well as on and 5 years older than Morelos when he was at Newcastle, its nowhere near comparable. I think its more akin to the current Zaha situation. He gets frustrated at what he sees as the injustuce of the officials. The number of times he gets fouled with no consequence or penalised for being stronger than his opponent is where you see him react. 

As he gets more experience he'll learn to temper his frustration and channel it. I wouldn't want him to lose that part of him I think its integral to his game. Its just learning how to direct it effectively. His physicality is key to his game and all he does is dish out what he's getting. The spitting 'incident' was laughable, show me a footballer who hasn't spat at some point? He wasn't even close to spitting at the player. Another example of the hysterical nonsense that gets trumped up against Rangers players.

It’s just stupid.

No matter how you look at it or pass it off as part of his game. Rash tackles can be part of an aggressive strikers game. You don’t want to take the aggression out of his game because that’s what makes them different but Morelos little kick outs and hissy fits are not aggression. They are stupidity. 

Kicking the ball away in Russia - Stupid

arguing with the ref about it - Stupid. 

Getting constantly caught offside (even though he was a mile onside yesterday) - stupid

diving to try and get a penalty yesterday while on a yellow - Stupid  

barging players in the back when on a yellow - Stupid 

i could go through most games and select examples of his stupidity

I also said yesterday that he was a candidate for man of the match, the guy has talent. He is one of our best players. But he is volatile and immature and maybe if he genuinely has intelligence that immaturity will go away but he is not a teenager and I doubt he is going to change much 

Regardless if the ball is played forward or not, when the ball is played Morelos is behind Candeias, the player tackling Candeias and the ball when it is played. He is patently onside and infringed no rule. He timed it and played it perfectly. Not sure what else the lad is supposed to do.

Onside by a country mile, linesman caught way out of position can’t be sure. 

He makes the decision that will get him the less grief, offside no goal to Rangers, nobody will give a fuck except us. He goes the other way gives us the goal and it is offside he will get pelters from the usual suspects in the media and the filth on social Media. 

And folk still claim we don’t have a problem with Refs/linesmen being influenced by the haters in scottish football. 

15 minutes ago, NeoGeo7 said:

Sorry but the linesman is as good as in line with Morelos perhaps not the ball however Candeias and the ball is ahead of him therefore if its ahead of him its ahead of Morelos.

Terrible decision once again that isn't even remotely a close call.

I think he’s slightly behind but your right he should have been able to tell Morelos was behind Candeias anyway. My point was that he can’t even claim it was due to his position because in that situation where he’s not sure the advantage is supposed to go to the attacking team. To flag for offside he’s saying he’s sure it’s off which is ridiculous because it’s clear he’s not in the position to make that call, as you said terrible decision.