Offside...?

Redwhiteandblue

25 minutes ago, Bakbear said:

It’s just stupid.

No matter how you look at it or pass it off as part of his game. Rash tackles can be part of an aggressive strikers game. You don’t want to take the aggression out of his game because that’s what makes them different but Morelos little kick outs and hissy fits are not aggression. They are stupidity. 

Kicking the ball away in Russia - Stupid

arguing with the ref about it - Stupid. 

Getting constantly caught offside (even though he was a mile onside yesterday) - stupid

diving to try and get a penalty yesterday while on a yellow - Stupid  

barging players in the back when on a yellow - Stupid 

i could go through most games and select examples of his stupidity

I also said yesterday that he was a candidate for man of the match, the guy has talent. He is one of our best players. But he is volatile and immature and maybe if he genuinely has intelligence that immaturity will go away but he is not a teenager and I doubt he is going to change much 

Strikers have made careers playing on the edge of offside, experience will help improve him there. It wasn't just yesterday that he has been, wrongly, flagged offside.

He is, in football terms, still learning. This is only his 3rd full season as a professional and he will mature. Footballing maturity isn't about age its about experience and he now has a management/coaching team with high level experience to learn from.

The sending off in Russia was ridiculous, he wasn't the first player to kick the ball away and the ref was overly keen to penalise him. I'm pretty sure there was some amount of bias in the decision (or utter ineptitude) as is the case in a number of decisions in league games this season.

6 goals in 13 games is the stat that really stands out amongst all of it. Its also the one that will count at the end of the season. 

5 hours ago, Blue Avenger said:

Utter pish.

Players can and do develop. Hateley was pish when he arrived and about every cunt calling for his head. He then went on and became one of our greatest ever strikers.

Can the same be repeated for Morelos? Somehow I doubt it, because he doesn't posses the basic attributes of Hateley and never  will, far less the mentality. I shouldn't even be mentioning both in the same breath, but only time will tell.

Where is it utter piss. Your the one that chops and changes what Rangers player to slag, not long ago you slaughtered Morelos who then went in and scored, not once did you say any form positive feedback in that aspect. Now he got cheated out of a goal and he is in the wrong in your eyes again. Maybe if you was consistent in your hatred of all things Rangers then you would maybe get a bit of respect, and that includes praise where it is due. Not once have you ever praised Morelos when he has actually done good 

5 hours ago, Blue Avenger said:

Your inconsistency is rather sad. You'll know btter than Gerrard then in defeat.

I made the counter. The evidence is there, just sheep like yourself choose to deny and deflect. Can't help thinking the origins og the trait. You bring n Putin? Yes, tells me all about your debating skills.

I blame the schools.

:rofl:

Which particular school are you trying to blame (I'd think carefully before you answer)?

With the Putin reference, I was just pointing out your tendency for making an utter clown of yourself and suggesting you stick to one part of RM to try and save you from yourself. 

Strange mention of inconsistency coming in such an incoherent response!

I'll leave you with this, from a man who knows about winning and whats required.

thumb_30605_default_news_size_5.thumb.jpeg.73d5daf4603a328447390cc194ad514f.jpeg

3 hours ago, cushynumber said:

you can always tell with the reaction of the players - Morelos clearly didnt even remotely think he was offside and neither did the opposing defenders.

Agreed. For me it was Candeias reaction that told me it was onside. From his position he knows 100% it is onside and he turns to take the adulation of the support in the Sandy Jardine stand. 

18 hours ago, Misteral said:

That doesn't matter Candeias passed it forward, Morelos could have been offside even if he's behind him , but the guy tackling Candeias plays him on. 

Nah, offside is all about the position of the opposing players. Your not offside as long as when the ball is played forward there is at least two players between the receiver and the goal, including the keeper. In this case there was, the keeper and the guy tackling Candeias.

:lol:

Think you need to read up on the rules 

8 hours ago, folkestoneger said:

Not borderline in any way. He is clearly a couple of yards behind the ball and it should have been an easy call because the 18 yard line makes an excellent point of reference.

aye, you're spot on. I was looking at the defenders in the middle and missed the boy challenging Candeias. Miles onside when I look at it now. 

1 minute ago, bam74 said:

aye, you're spot on. I was looking at the defenders in the middle and missed the boy challenging Candeias. Miles onside when I look at it now. 

Its more the ball being ahead of him that places him onside. At that point everything else is irrelevant.

The debate shouldn’t be on or offside it should be why these decisions are now happening to us on a weekly basis. 

We played 8 european games home and away and IMO we got 2 poor decisions against us in the last game. That was it. 

We’re getting decisions that are influencing major decisions like goals and red cards which can effect games and points. 

The game was as good as done at 2-0 anyway but against better teams we might not go for 3 and 4 and when we get decisions like that going against us it’ll cost us time and again this season. 

21 minutes ago, Prso's headband said:

The debate shouldn’t be on or offside it should be why these decisions are now happening to us on a weekly basis. 

We played 8 european games home and away and IMO we got 2 poor decisions against us in the last game. That was it. 

We’re getting decisions that are influencing major decisions like goals and red cards which can effect games and points. 

The game was as good as done at 2-0 anyway but against better teams we might not go for 3 and 4 and when we get decisions like that going against us it’ll cost us time and again this season. 

It was only 1-0 at the time bud, another shocking decision could have cost us points........again. 

5 hours ago, RFC Eagle said:

Which particular school are you trying to blame (I'd think carefully before you answer)?

With the Putin reference, I was just pointing out your tendency for making an utter clown of yourself and suggesting you stick to one part of RM to try and save you from yourself. 

Strange mention of inconsistency coming in such an incoherent response!

I'll leave you with this, from a man who knows about winning and whats required.

thumb_30605_default_news_size_5.thumb.jpeg.73d5daf4603a328447390cc194ad514f.jpeg

I did say, when the vast majority on here didn't, but have now jumped on the banwagon.

Even the best of them can get it wrong. Just look at Jose M.

Not to say that Morelos won't come good, but the signs are he aint for changing. Only time will tell.

1 hour ago, BridgeIsBlue said:

@Blue Avenger

Have you explained why you wanted certain Rangers players dead? 

Go read the the context if you can be ersed.

Of course it wasn't meant literally, just an over used colloquialism, but don't let the facts get in the way of a narrative from the usual.