8 points behind but it's really only 2

To Be A Ranger

5 hours ago, STRUTH82 said:

Its 8 points, we need to make these points up regardless who its on. Hearts will absolutely fancy their chances next week and after today its hard to argue against it.

I would challenge the team to go on a 7 or 8 game winning run in the League and then check in on the position.

In a sense I agree that it is celtic that we must overhaul.  They are still the strongest squad in the league and have the funds to improve it in January.  Hearts will drop points but not enough to be overhauled by Rangers, they currently have the best defensive record in the league while our defence is shakey.

Nevertheless, fate dictates that Lafferty will score on Sunday.

We need to win against hearts or it's going to be an uphill struggle again and this early on in the season would be catastrophic for us. But I do think we will win on Thursday and Sunday at home where we have looked a more solid unit compared to our away form. Well here's hoping anyway depends what Rangers turn up for both  games.

1 hour ago, BILLYBOY50 said:

We need to win against hearts or it's going to be an uphill struggle again and this early on in the season would be catastrophic for us. But I do think we will win on Thursday and Sunday at home where we have looked a more solid unit compared to our away form. Well here's hoping anyway depends what Rangers turn up for both  games.

As long as SG keeps to form with the team and formation he puts out at home games. Hopefully he will sort out the away games now.  Surely he will wake up to the fact that what he's producing when away, is not remotely working.  

6 minutes ago, Courtyard Bear said:

The arrogance that we are just going to sweep Hearts aside next is laughable. 

It's not arrogance on my part courtyard I just think we are a lot better at home and I have watched hearts highlights since the beginning of the season and they are definetly beatable at home. But I do agree it won't be easy.

Just now, BILLYBOY50 said:

It's not arrogance on my part courtyard I just think we are a lot better at home and I have watched hearts highlights since the beginning of the season and they are definetly beatable at home. But I do agree it won't be easy.

One thing for certain we need our best 11 and we need to be on it right from the off. 

17 minutes ago, Vanoli said:

Remember we've finished 3rd the last two seasons? Our start and Hearts have   absolutely put that on the table again. You've just not been paying attention if you can't see that. 

Absolutely spot on we are up against it from the off already. Just like the first season in the championship and both spl season. The arrogance that hearts will just fall away is incredible.

If we’d had a debate about where we were sitting after the first international break and we had the option of potentially topping out Euro group, level on points with them and still within 5 of Hearts then we’d have all taken it considering we were 4 behind them at the last break. 

This is still very much a possibility but we’ll see what happens over the next week. Our next two are must wins and our next 4 in the league should look like WWWW otherwise you can forget any title challenge. Our lack of consistency amazes me it really does, it needs to be sorted out 

34 minutes ago, Prso's headband said:

If we’d had a debate about where we were sitting after the first international break and we had the option of potentially topping out Euro group, level on points with them and still within 5 of Hearts then we’d have all taken it considering we were 4 behind them at the last break. 

This is still very much a possibility but we’ll see what happens over the next week. Our next two are must wins and our next 4 in the league should look like WWWW otherwise you can forget any title challenge. Our lack of consistency amazes me it really does, it needs to be sorted out 

It shouldn’t amaze you,all this chopping and changing for no good reason is a recipe for disaster. Why do players need a rest a few weeks into the season? 

43 minutes ago, Dickie said:

It shouldn’t amaze you,all this chopping and changing for no good reason is a recipe for disaster. Why do players need a rest a few weeks into the season? 

The main change that hurt us yesterday was using Lafferty in place of Kent. 

Kent has been 1 of our form players and we're dropping him to shoehorn in lafferty.

What are people basing this hearts won’t last the pace shit on, the hearts of last season by any chance? They added 18 players this summer so a totally different team to last year, I’m surprised how they’ve started myself and they might still crumble but until they do we have to give them respect

30 minutes ago, Tomatasauce said:

What are people basing this hearts won’t last the pace shit on, the hearts of last season by any chance? They added 18 players this summer so a totally different team to last year, I’m surprised how they’ve started myself and they might still crumble but until they do we have to give them respect

How about the Hearts of the past 60 years. Not just them but many teams have been on a run like theirs over the same few games during the same period and faded away.

We've won many of our titles where our form hasn't been that great in the opening couple of months. 

Obviously we are in danger of blowing a  great opportunity and we have to improve big time but I doubt any team out with ourselves and celtic have a real chance of winning it. I might change my tune around December but let's see.

Just a pity we have not had the form to win our games, Would have had a 10 point plus gap on the timmy, Lucky enough the timmy has not been in form, And kept us close.  Hopefully we can start grinding those wins, And they keep struggling. This is the season to get back to winning old firms. 

11 minutes ago, teddybears1872 said:

Just a pity we have not had the form to win our games, Would have had a 10 point plus gap on the timmy, Lucky enough the timmy has not been in form, And kept us close.  Hopefully we can start grinding those wins, And they keep struggling. This is the season to get back to winning old firms. 

the timmy ffs

?