Gerrard and the away form

KingKirk

4 minutes ago, ianferguson said:

A dozen comments and no mention of Astro , yeah i know i sounds like an excuse but don't anybody say it's not a factor in Livvi and today , it's a completely different game on that shit.

It's part of the game here whether we like it or not until the rules change if ever 

It's something we need to be able to deal with if we're to get to where we belong, can't just mention it every time 

11 minutes ago, BlueKnight87 said:

Now we've broken the away duck. 

I'm hoping we'll see more of the quick attacking play seen in that 10 min spell over the 90 mins away.

We were too slack before then and almost got punished for it. 

Big 3 points however. 

Massive 3points that's all that matters. That's all I care about tbh but the away games are bothering me

21 minutes ago, .Williamson. said:

Of course it's tactics

You saying that every away game in the league this season has been down to fitness?

Our last two away games (on plastic) we've struggled and looked slow and for some reason our passing is terrible on that kind of surface. That's nothing to do with tactics. 

4 minutes ago, fanaticCR said:

Midfield is the issue. We need someone who’s good on tight pitches and can actually turn round and run towards the oppositions goal. 

You've just described Ejaria and Kent

The problem is players not sure of their footing on shite plastic parks and then they look to take an extra touch even technically good players like Kent,not once today did I see him spin his man and get running at them

2 minutes ago, fanaticCR said:

Midfield is the issue. We need someone who’s good on tight pitches and can actually turn round and run towards the oppositions goal. 

Ejaria was way too deep today and didn't effect the play enough and our centre halves starting position should have been at least 20 yards further forward with Hamilton sitting in so deep.

3 minutes ago, cascadeshrimp said:

You've just described Ejaria and Kent

The problem is players not sure of their footing on shite plastic parks and then they look to take an extra touch even technically good players like Kent,not once today did I see him spin his man and get running at them

Absolutely, and there’s no doubt SG will have said to them to take care/be wary of quick turns as the risk of injury is huge. It literally is a different ball game on those surfaces.

It looks like a combination of complacency and reluctance to play on the astro rather than tactics 

We played well going forward and created against Motherwell and Aberdeen despite the last minute disasters

Ejaria as the ‘creator’ in our midfield three has to be braver on the ball and try to get us forward more often than he does in games like this rather than be content to play the backwards passes. At times today Rossiter and the 2 centre backs were on the halfway like waiting for someone to come and take the ball but the whole team had gone up for the long ball, Ejaria needs to be coming in to collect that ball and get us forward. I’m not sure if that is a tactical decision by Gerrard or a lack of responsibility taken by Ejaria and even Coulibaly who should be capable of picking the ball up and driving us forward

I don’t think Candeias is suited to games where we’re on the front foot away from home,he does a much better job hassling teams who try to keep the ball against us in Europe and then getting in behind their defence when on the break, It might be worth giving Grezda a shot in games where Tav doesn’t need the cover Candeias provides 

Having Halliday at left back totally isolates Kent and our attack is far less effective down that side, Halliday is passable as a stop gap there but we look much better going forward with Barisic or even Flanagan when he’s playing like he did against Rapid in there giving us two attacking threats down each flank 

On the ball Goldson and whoever the other centre back is have to make much quicker decisions against teams who are sitting back, we win the ball dwell on it at the back and let them back into their shape far too often 

Other than that we look tremendous, now let’s ruin Spartak on Thursday and forget all about this moaning