Ryan Jack

stewaj3

Jack's a top player.  He was winning tackles and trying to drive the team forward.  The only thing lacking is the ability and/or confidence to shoot from outside the box.

I loved the little flick tackle when the Hibs midfielder was breaking into the box and getting ready to shoot and suddenly the ball is gone.  The Hibs player had no clue and it was so quick he couldn't even dive!

1 minute ago, shaka said:

Jack's a top player.  He was winning tackles and trying to drive the team forward.  The only thing lacking is the ability and/or confidence to shoot from outside the box.

I loved the little flick tackle when the Hibs midfielder was breaking into the box and getting ready to shoot and suddenly the ball is gone.  The Hibs player had no clue and it was so quick he couldn't even dive!

For me, he lacks authority and presence in the midfield. But he done well tonight

15 minutes ago, cushynumber said:

For me, he lacks authority and presence in the midfield. But he done well tonight

I think defensively he's really good and is always doing well winning tackles and being positioned well to stop counters but what separates him from the really best players in his position is that he  will never try a long range shot or make a telling pass.  That's why he can be easier to play against as an opposition player but if he improves this, then he would be the complete midfielder.

1 minute ago, shaka said:

I think defensively he's really good and is always doing well winning tackles and being positioned well to stop counters but what separates him from the really best players in his position is that he  will never try a long range shot or make a telling pass.  That's why he can be easier to play against as an opposition player but if he improves this, then he would be the complete midfielder.

i think physically, he should really buff up. i want guys that bully that area of the park. can he do that? i dont think so.

Been saying it for a long time now. This guy is quality.....honestly take mabey 20 mins in a game and watch him closely. 

We have a seriously good player on our hands who is just starting to prove a few wrong. I've not seen a player give the ball away so little in a number of years at ibrox.

Love him as a player and he's only getting better.

46 minutes ago, Ayrshire Blue said:

Jack was good tonight but he needs a “Souness” edge - let the other c*nt know you’re there and not scared of a 40/60 ball

Disagree....I think he can more than handle himself on the park.

Got a real edge to him which I love.

1 hour ago, cushynumber said:

i think physically, he should really buff up. i want guys that bully that area of the park. can he do that? i dont think so.

Can't be that hard these days,can it .protein shakes and gym work anycunt can get big..whether it affects their ability to get round the park is another question..