***Official Tarriers V Rangers Match Thread***

5 minutes ago, Laudrup1984 said:

He done nothing of any note from a footballing point of view. AGAIN.

Yet he has got Morelos sent off (Morelos' fault), Halliday sent off (can't blame him, game has gone and he's defending us) and Kent should have been sent off too.

Scary.

What did he say to Kent as that's out of character for a guy like Kent. 

• Replies 2.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 minutes ago, Valance1690 said:

Not saying that's what we will want to do

But think logically, if you're a club coming in for Morelos who id say is a 15/20 million pound player

You're saying to Rangers that he's proven time and again that he can't be trusted and that they're taking a risk with him 

We'll get about 10 million I think after today 

22mill is in his contract as a release clause

8 minutes ago, Reformation Bear said:

When whoever is manager of Rangers can assemble a team that goes to celtic park, to Aberdeen, to Hibs, to Hearts, to Kilmarnock even and wins on a consistent basis and then does the same at Ibrox then and only then is there a decent enough measure of progress.  For when that happens the chances are we will be in serious contention at the end of a league season for the title, and in serious contention for winning Cups.

Until then all talk of progress is seeking some sort of salve for the wounds of failing to win any major trophy since 2010/11.   Winners get the bragging rights because they win.   The rest - us included - just get to grab at progress straws.   Personally I don't think the outcome for this season is anywhere near good enough even acknowledging this is Gerrard's first season.  He's already putting out the notion that its progress in his view but he'll need a lot more financial backing this summer.

Gerrard is presiding over a team who clearly cannot maintain enough discipline in games (even acknowledging the quality of refereeing).   That will need to change next season.        

I agree its not good enough but him calling for serious investment when the problem is beating the other 10 games on a regular basis is a problem. I wonder if he has the ability to improve the players we already have rather than try to spend more. It could be selling Morelos brings a better balance to the team for next season.

1 minute ago, thehost said:

22mill is in his contract as a release clause

Really? Not seen that anywhere but will take your word for it

If that's the case then I think he'll be here next season with a sour face, especially if he gets the fine off the club today.

2 minutes ago, thehost said:

None of these guys appear to have any thought that we are basically a one man team so I’m interested to know who we will be replacing him with.

when you see tarriers, on tv, universally saying sell him you have to wonder why. If he’s such a liability then they would want him to stay.

they know he is a potential league winner hence the season long effort to get him moved.

he may not help himself but he is the only good player we have. I think we’d be in 4th place, this season, without him.

You can'y possibly talk him up today after that. You just can't !!

17 minutes ago, Misteral said:

I missed the 2nd goal. Couldn't believe it was 2-1 when the link came back up a minute after it went down. It must have been horrendous to go through it. I might make it my life's mission to never watch it.

It was horrendous don't even think of watching it

8 minutes ago, beararse said:

Id rather have a dependable striker who scores goals and doesn’t get sent of in all the big games over one who bullies defenders. 

He didn’t bully anybody today. Got frustrated and lashed out

That was a game of many parts, first 5 minutes we did OK then they started to take over and had so many corners it was terrible to watch. We once again have players who have lost too many games against them IMO, they are not (even after Dec) really believing they can win, that number has to change in the summer because some of the passing in the first half was surely coming from nerves or lack of belief.

Stevie will have to sell on the players who are not mentally strong enough to play for us or he will pay for it with his own job, big decisions this summer for him to make.

We then have the situation with Mo, I have no further comment on that fuck up. The second half started with them thinking they had won it and we did show some balls and getting the goal was a great boost plus them going down to ten as well made me think we will surely not lose this, but then we still have players who can fuck it up and up stepped our captain to do just that. :headwall: 

This season from the new year has been so poor and once again I am looking for the season to end and hope for a better one starting in July.

2 minutes ago, bluenoz said:

You can'y possibly talk him up today after that. You just can't !!

Not talking him up just pointing out he’s our only good player so if you want rid of him you better find another of that calibre 

we are 13 points behind the filth. If Morelos hadn’t played this season how many points do you think we’d be behind? 

1 minute ago, Courtyard Bear said:

He shoves him away ffs. 

When did the world go all snowflake??

He doesn't shove him mate c'mon 😂

He goes to crack him, aye he misses the worst of it but still connects a bit. It's x10 worse than what Morelos went for but he got away with it

He'll get a longer ban than Morelos gets 

21 minutes ago, Copland bear said:

Fine him 2 weeks wages if that's the maximum we can fine him,  If you get sent off for that cunt, make sure he's getting carried off not laughing at you.

i would play it back and hang it up where Morelos changes in the dressing room so he sees it every day as he needs to wise up as there are far smarter players than that dumb fuck Brown out there

He might not kick a ball for us again. 

We’ve got 7 games to play he will be banned for 4/5 of those. Stevie might decide to cut our loses and let him go in the summer for whatever price we get (Scottish media’s job done) 

42 minutes ago, Getstiffed said:

Actually thought Goldson had an overall poor game tbh mate. Wasn't terrible but wasn't great either.

To be fair I’m comparing him with Worral and thought he was better. For me, Ajer has stepped up for them and that’s the sort of performance we should be expecting from our defenders.

Id say as disappointed as I am, I am also feeling encouraged.

2 minutes ago, Courtyard Bear said:

He shoves him away ffs. 

When did the world go all snowflake??

He had a closed fist punch at him. If Morelos goes for a wrist hitting brown then the cunts will throw the book at Kent. Look at the pic he’s thrown an actual punch. Pity he never connected with the horrible bastard.

Just now, Valance1690 said:

He doesn't shove him mate c'mon 😂

He goes to crack him, aye he misses the worst of it but still connects a bit. It's x10 worse than what Morelos went for but he got away with it

He'll get a longer ban than Morelos gets 

Not seen a close up view of it our a view of Kent’s hand, wonder why that is. 

Nothing will happen to Kent 

Archived