***Official Tarriers V Rangers Match Thread***

League is obviously over. Give the lads who have played most of the season a rest and tell whoever is leaving in the summer to pack their gear. Try some of the youngsters to see if we can unearth a player or two. I’d also try to get rid of most of the warburton/Pedro signings as imo they’re damaged goods. 

• Replies 2.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 minute ago, Courtyard Bear said:

Kent’s is a yellow if anything, more worried about no Mo and no Halliday for Wednesday. 

Ashamed to say it, but at this point I'm beyond caring. Just want this season to end so we can bin it and move on.

2 minutes ago, Courtyard Bear said:

Kent’s is a yellow if anything, more worried about no Mo and no Halliday for Wednesday. 

I'm sick of Morelos. Sky were saying it could be a 4 game ban for him anyway so a good chance to get Defoe up to speed for next season. 

17 minutes ago, keithgersbear said:

Brown knows exactly what he is doing. Simply don't play to it and give him what he wants. Which is what our players just did. Played right into his hands. Do you think he gives a shit that we all think he is a cheating horrible cunt?

Exactly. Starve a fire of air and it goes out.

Dont rise to him.

He’s technically shit but, and it pains me to say, he has an attitude and mentality that is sadly lacking in our team.

Keeps his head when others are losing theirs and walks away the victor time and time again.

We need a player/cunt similar to that.

All successful teams have one.

3 minutes ago, Trooblue said:

Just give us a striker who isn't suspended for the big games or loses the plot when he plays in them .

Agreed 

But you take that side of Morelos out and he's half the player we think he is

He bullies defenders and makes them not want to contest 50/50s, giving him an extra yard or 2 of space 

He's still just a petulant wee boy though and if we can get 10 million for him in June id take it 

4 minutes ago, Sweettartangirl said:

I think we all remember when we had winners....just not this season...or last...and so on. 

Think it was pre 2012 iirc? 

We will need to see what type of player SG can gain/attract next season after a few players are sold on. Depending who is sold that is...

I'm older than you SH so it seems like a distant memory

What saddens me, is the shite we pass off as acceptable to this club

When whoever is manager of Rangers can assemble a team that goes to celtic park, to Aberdeen, to Hibs, to Hearts, to Kilmarnock even and wins on a consistent basis and then does the same at Ibrox then and only then is there a decent enough measure of progress.  For when that happens the chances are we will be in serious contention at the end of a league season for the title, and in serious contention for winning Cups.

Until then all talk of progress is seeking some sort of salve for the wounds of failing to win any major trophy since 2010/11.   Winners get the bragging rights because they win.   The rest - us included - just get to grab at progress straws.   Personally I don't think the outcome for this season is anywhere near good enough even acknowledging this is Gerrard's first season.  He's already putting out the notion that its progress in his view but he'll need a lot more financial backing this summer.

Gerrard is presiding over a team who clearly cannot maintain enough discipline in games (even acknowledging the quality of refereeing).   That will need to change next season.        

1 minute ago, eejay the dj said:

I'm older than you SH so it seems like a distant memory

What saddens me, is the shite we pass off as acceptable to this club

It's hard to get angry anymore when we have had to put up with constant let downs. It just gets to the point where we will be more surprised when certain players don't let us down.  

However, when the anger does subside, you will have a clearer train of thought and perspective on the matter. 

Today, you are fully entitled to your anger x

Morelos has to go - no doubt about it. Even if by some miracle he does change his ways he's permanently cemented an image of himself in the refs' minds that will always be an albatross around our necks. We can do better, and we should.

Archived