What a farce that sell your ticket back to the club is

1 hour ago, Del said:

How do you know if they have sold your seat or not?

I have done this a couple of times with other tickets we have, but never thought to follow it up to be honest!

Now that I think about it, I thought it came off the following years season ticket, but all of them are the same price according to the renewal.

Yeah that’s how you find out, it’s meant to come off next seasons season ticket. Surely a courtesy email saying your seat has been sold or not isn’t to much to ask.

You can claim ticket back to use yourself online under your account/secondary ticketing. That's assuming the club haven't sold it at that point but that can be checked in your account too.

Have a look in secondary ticketing under your account on the website.

Never had a problem.  Can’t always make the games with work and being 200 miles away.  If I couldn’t pass the ticket on I have returned it and always been resold, usually within an hour.   Got about  a £70 discount on this year’s renewal and the satisfaction of knowing another Bear has been able to watch the game. 

On the very rare occasions I’m not at a game someone off the bus that can’t go every week gets it for nothing would never sell it back to Rangers on that scheme especially after the slo begging us for the old firm as they couldn’t fulfil sponsors 

10 hours ago, Junior Soprano said:

Twice I’ve done it. They deactivate your card then don’t sell the ticket. No email to tell you incase you can sell it your self. Absolute joke of a system.

Would the SLO or C1872 be able to address this issue with the club to improve the system?

17 minutes ago, pollok-bear said:

Excactly what most ppl do. Dnt see why anyone would use that system to sell back to the club.

give it away or if your desperate for cash there will certainly be someone who would buy it aff u.

The system the club have in place just seems to be a pain in the arse. 

For 10 quid or the possibility of nothing anyway I'd rather give it to someone for nothing than to the club for maybe something 

15 hours ago, Junior Soprano said:

Twice I’ve done it. They deactivate your card then don’t sell the ticket. No email to tell you incase you can sell it your self. Absolute joke of a system.

Don't do it that way mate

Get the ticket printed off and sell it on here or someone you know .

Better still give it to a mate to use

9 hours ago, andyhrfc said:

Never had a problem.  Can’t always make the games with work and being 200 miles away.  If I couldn’t pass the ticket on I have returned it and always been resold, usually within an hour.   Got about  a £70 discount on this year’s renewal and the satisfaction of knowing another Bear has been able to watch the game. 

It's not really a 70pounds discount though . You just paid for it the previous season

16 hours ago, Rfc52 said:

I just give mine away 

Same - My pal does this also. I had the pleasure of taking @Dazzler to a match, however being such a gent he insisted some money was taken. Pretty sure I spent it on booze and did not give it to my mate. 

@plumbGER's mate has benefited a number of times from this. Again no money is ever wanted. Would rather someone I know got the chance to go than sell it back to club.  

bit more info on this....

if you offer it to the club to buy back they only sell it if all other non season tickets seats are sold... you only get a percentage of the normal ground seat cost back. if they sell it to a juvenile you will get the juvenile ticket value not the full adult credit.

there is a cut off date/point for any credit being taken off your season ticket for the following seasons season ticket. You could wait for the next again years season ticket to get any discount.

its the best of a bad option but at least some fans will get something off the cost of the following seasons season ticket...

I have done it a few times and noticed that I never received any credit off my season ticket cost for the following season only to be told that it was after the cut off date.. I will get the benefit off my next again season ticket.

at the very least they should email you to advise that they have sold your seat but they don't...…. no way of checking this so you are just trusting the ticket office to credit you which is a bit shite....