What a nice gesture from Rangers FC...:/

1 minute ago, The Dude said:

So why we bothered that they've acknowledged our many muslim fans and ex-players? Was wishing fans a merry xmas 'unbelievable'? 

Are we bothered?  Perhaps a little. 

Just opening another discussion thread for opinions. Always interesting to see others POV, don't you think? 

Or are we all to think the same? 

I always know what you are going to say before you post incidentally. 

Just now, Sweettartangirl said:

Are we bothered?  Perhaps a little. 

Just opening another discussion thread for opinions. Always interesting to see others POV, don't you think? 

Or are we all to think the same? 

I always know what you are going to say before you post incidentally. 

I just find it odd that fans are complaining that the club is acknowledging a religious festival.  Especially when we've been doing it for a number of years now.

It just becomes the same with folk greeting that they never wished a happy (insert minor religious festival) because the club acknowledged one of the biggest.

Just now, The Dude said:

I just find it odd that fans are complaining that the club is acknowledging a religious festival.  Especially when we've been doing it for a number of years now.

It just becomes the same with folk greeting that they never wished a happy (insert minor religious festival) because the club acknowledged one of the biggest.

Whose "greeting"?

Was there greetings to every other religious event then? Just to clarify...

2 minutes ago, Sweettartangirl said:

Wouldn't know. Wasn't on twitter last year. Did they say Happy whatever day to every other religious celebrations too? 

Probably but who gives a fuck really? Pointless thread

1 minute ago, Sweettartangirl said:

Whose "greeting"?

Was there greetings to every other religious event then? Just to clarify...

Take a look at the twitter replies or some in here like your own saying it is "unbelievable" that the club would acknowledge a major religious festival. 

7 minutes ago, The Dude said:

Take a look at the twitter replies or some in here like your own saying it is "unbelievable" that the club would acknowledge a major religious festival. 

We(Protestants) have a major religious festival. Hope that's acknowledged also:) 

2 minutes ago, Misteral said:

Fuck religion, all of them.

No. Don't be rude. 

2 minutes ago, psb07158 said:

This is the most important month of the year for followers of the 2nd biggest religion in the world. It's absolutely correct for the club to make a gesture like this to reach out to current and potential fans. If you scroll through the Twitter thread you will see a number of random Africans and Arabs commenting. That kind of PR for the club can only be a good thing. 

Never once said it wasn't a good PR thing. I simply find it unbelievable that the one religion that appears to be ignored is the one that Rangers has been built upon within our own fan base other than the Orange top we now have to call "Mandarin". 

I know there is a section within this forum that couldn't give a toss or hate religion and that's fine, if that is what you're happy with. 

I'm not raging(minimally annoyed), I want to see same acknowledgement for our Protestant community also. May not be as big, but it still exists. 

Has this been acknowledged? I don't think I have seen it myself for a long while. 

3 minutes ago, Sweettartangirl said:

Never once said it wasn't a good PR thing. I simply find it unbelievable that the one religion that appears to be ignored is the one that Rangers has been built upon within our own fan base other than the Orange top we now have to call "Mandarin". 

I know there is a section within this forum that couldn't give a toss or hate religion and that's fine, if that is what you're happy with. 

I'm not raging(minimally annoyed), I want to see same acknowledgement for our Protestant community also. May not be as big, but it still exists. 

Has this been acknowledged? I don't think I have seen it myself for a long while. 

The colour used was mandarin orange (an actual recognised colour name) rather than just mandarin. It was acknowledged as such at launch and in marketing material. 

The club have acknowledged the Xtian holiday. Its called Christmas. 

Just now, Sweettartangirl said:

Give it a rest. You know fine that's not what I am meaning. Again, typical expected response from you. 

Thats because what youre referring to isnt a religious holiday or a religion in its own right. So that's probably why the club wont acknowledge it.