Memorial wall/garden

1 minute ago, LochendBilly said:

I understood it to be that this company were going to manage it, and charge ongoing costs to fans that used the memorial to house relatives ashes. The club now think it isn't a good idea for some reason.

If the company are going to charge to use the garden and not a penny going to the club then I would accept and stand by the club. 

12 minutes ago, ger4life_1872 said:

Dunno tbh mate , I know his da is a wank and I think he unfairly takes some shite just for that reason 

I don't think it has anything to do with his dad he championed Rangers first on here and a lot of the support trusted him and he let them down.

5 minutes ago, rabc10000 said:

If the company are going to charge to use the garden and not a penny going to the club then I would accept and stand by the club. 

These issues should be ironed out before a contract is signed. If we've signed a contract, and as per reports changed our minds, then regardless of the basis for the club being unhappy the inept part remains the contract signing in the first place.

7 minutes ago, SeparateEntityMyArse said:

These issues should be ironed out before a contract is signed. If we've signed a contract, and as per reports changed our minds, then regardless of the basis for the club being unhappy the inept part remains the contract signing in the first place.

I agree, but if I read correctly did we not see we would cover all costs of the agreement but the other company want more? Or have I completely misread the whole thing 

22 minutes ago, Smile said:

I don't think it has anything to do with his dad he championed Rangers first on here and a lot of the support trusted him and he let them down.

Yeah I said that in my first point I think it's both reasons , some of it is just because of his old man though imo 

1 hour ago, rabc10000 said:

Was this no the same guy who tried to start a massive supporters club from his boozer with the sole intention of monopolising away tickets for himself?? In turn denying most other fans from attending away games

Aye it was 

Fat prick used to be on here, was a laugh a minute. It’s great to be called you’re less of a Rangers fan if you didn’t agree with him

20 minutes ago, rabc10000 said:

I agree, but if I read correctly did we not see we would cover all costs of the agreement but the other company want more? Or have I completely misread the whole thing 

We apparently want to renege on a contract but pay genuine costs and expenses incurred. The other mob want fulfilment of a signed and binding contract. According to what's available on line so far.

38 minutes ago, LochendBilly said:

I understood it to be that this company were going to manage it, and charge ongoing costs to fans that used the memorial to house relatives ashes. The club now think it isn't a good idea for some reason.

Would’ve thought a one of payment to have someone’s ash’s interred would be a given but any upkeep should fall on the club. 

3 minutes ago, Courtyard Bear said:

Aye it was 

Fat prick used to be on here, was a laugh a minute. It’s great to be called you’re less of a Rangers fan if you didn’t agree with him

I thought it was the same guy. Never met him before but he came across as a guy I wouldn't want to know either. Only guy I've felt that way about on here. 

Dont agree with anyone calling anyone less a fan for whatever reason or more a fan that does my tits in. But end of the day each and everyone of us has an opinion and entitled to voice that regardless

1 minute ago, SeparateEntityMyArse said:

We apparently want to renege on a contract but pay genuine costs and expenses incurred. The other mob want fulfilment of a signed and binding contract. According to what's available on line so far.

Thats what I took from it, personally, small details aside I don't see what the problem is. Its not as if we are trying to bump them or anything 

48 minutes ago, rabc10000 said:

Thats what I took from it, personally, small details aside I don't see what the problem is. Its not as if we are trying to bump them or anything 

You cant sign contracts then think it's ok to change your mind as appears to be the case.

Just read this story and it seems we have maybe made a mistake with signing a contract and then deciding not to go ahead with it. Hopefully I have not read it correctly and it does not cost us much. It does seem a bit of a recurring situation with us ending up in court. 

Personally feel that it is unscrupulous and immensely distasteful to turn the deaths of 66 Fans in the disaster into a money making scheme. Been said elsewhere that John Greig was one of the main objectors inside the club, I thank him for that.

Also suggestions that it was a former commercial director who signed the contract, it all stinks a little.

https://beta.companieshouse.gov.uk/company/10639827

'Memorial Walls Ltd' was incorporated in February 2017, 10 months before planning was applied for, have absolutely zero online profile and has filed accounts as a dormant company since it's incorporation. The address listed as "Memorial walls ltd" address is actually the address of Arnold engineering plastics, with whom they share a number of directors. Something doesn't add up......

Our SLO is paid as a full time employee by Rangers FC to Liaise with Supporters. He swans around inside at away games when there are turnstile issues outside, travels to Rangers conventions on the other side of the world and does hee haw for the fans who attend Ibrox. At the very most, he issues a twitter update long after it is public knowledge.

We are being told here that supporters were consulted and didn't approve. Anybody here consulted? Nope. Surely the job of our SLO if ever there was one.

Just a mouthpiece for his old man what wanted to run a ticket scam. He even claims that the ECWC replica in our trophy room is his as his old man donated it and he's to get it in the will. Club have had it over 40 years.

It's not a difficult job, and certainly not a full time occupation. Money for hee haw.

What does he do on matchdays home or away? we played 32 home games last season - what did he do for the other 333 days of the year?

39 minutes ago, East Enclosure Row N said:

Our SLO is paid as a full time employee by Rangers FC to Liaise with Supporters. He swans around inside at away games when there are turnstile issues outside, travels to Rangers conventions on the other side of the world and does hee haw for the fans who attend Ibrox. At the very most, he issues a twitter update long after it is public knowledge.

We are being told here that supporters were consulted and didn't approve. Anybody here consulted? Nope. Surely the job of our SLO if ever there was one.

Just a mouthpiece for his old man what wanted to run a ticket scam. He even claims that the ECWC replica in our trophy room is his as his old man donated it and he's to get it in the will. Club have had it over 40 years.

It's not a difficult job, and certainly not a full time occupation. Money for hee haw.

What does he do on matchdays home or away? we played 32 home games last season - what did he do for the other 333 days of the year?

The reality of seeing fans getting selfies with “struthi” bear outside the SOS’s store on PRW recently only reiterated the demeaning lengths our current custodians went to when fighting for power. Promises of future favours banged out left right & centre.  As a Rangers fan I’d rather serve my team if possible instead of profiting personally. Imagine the SLO’s da never charged £3.50 for a bottle of bud but £2 to cover costs?  Naw me neither.  

11 hours ago, SeparateEntityMyArse said:

We seem to be building a bit of a track record for this....

We apparently signed the contracts "subject to stakeholder approval".

It seems the stakeholders didn't approve & we are happy to pay genuine costs incurred but the company want much more.

We can only be one of a few clubs who's fans jump on the club rather than the those bringing action against us, how about listening to both sides, not just the side you read in the paper that's written for clickbait.

8 hours ago, EverestGers said:

The reality of seeing fans getting selfies with “struthi” bear outside the SOS’s store on PRW recently only reiterated the demeaning lengths our current custodians went to when fighting for power. Promises of future favours banged out left right & centre.  As a Rangers fan I’d rather serve my team if possible instead of profiting personally. Imagine the SLO’s da never charged £3.50 for a bottle of bud but £2 to cover costs?  Naw me neither.  

Lol what you expect someone who runs a pub to only break even?