Jean Claude Darcheville

ready1873

Big eck tried to sign him for years before Walter got him years later. Must have had his name on abit paper in the managers office for years lol.

Done job, best bosman from ourti.e shopping in France over that 5 or 6 year period was prso and hendami

54 minutes ago, SwallowsHisOwnSpunk said:

I think his contribution was massively underrated to be honest. His first season at Rangers in the run upto the UEFA Cup Final his pace and power were terrorising teams both in Europe and in Scotland, people ended up forgetting his contributions due to him being finished in his final season he’d lost it completely after a few injuries.

People always bring up Cousin when talking about JCD and state how Cousin was far superior. Cousins at his best: yes he was better but that came around about 4 or 5 games a season JCD was far more consistent and therefore a better player, ability means nothing if you don’t show it.

There is a reason JCD had a better career than Cousin and a reason his scoring record is better than Cousins. Also you have to remember JCD came to us when he was 35/36 and as a player that relied upon pace and power he was always going to be a short term option. If JCD had come to Rangers in his 20’s I think he would have been a massive success.

He wasn’t that old :lol:

3 hours ago, ready1873 said:

Just watched Kevin Thomson pick his best 11 career teammates and perhaps the most surprising was Darcheville as striker. 

How did you rate Darcheville? Thomson said he was the only player Walter would take it easy on pre season because he was a tank naturally. And he joined us at a good age too! 

Bare in mind he had came through a lot of personal grief when he arrived at us and for me was tremendous. An absolute powerhouse, and loved the support. 

Mid the game he scored v the taigs like it was last what 

What personal issues did he have when he arrived. It rings a bell somewhere. One of so many underrated players we had. Imagine big couisan at us now. 

49 minutes ago, Finny said:

What personal issues did he have when he arrived. It rings a bell somewhere. One of so many underrated players we had. Imagine big couisan at us now. 

I don’t know about any when he arrived at us. But he lost his wife and kids in a car crash in 1998. Poor guy done well to forge a football career after that. 

23 minutes ago, kelvd1873 said:

I don’t know about any when he arrived at us. But he lost his wife and kids in a car crash in 1998. Poor guy done well to forge a football career after that. 

Ffs!!! I never new that about him. We have had a lot of very underrated players with us over the years. He was another one that was under the radar.