Morelos

tannerall

2 hours ago, 1690tamRFC said:

In fairness it’s been that way for a good while now, and for every club world wide, players and agents dictate when and where they go no matter who employs them, the only benefit a decent contract has for clubs is a bigger fee when the player decides he’s away. Shite it’s gotten that way, but with players even in shite leagues earning so much cash, they can literally down tools, stop playing and effectively go on strike until they get there way. 

Edit: or it could work against your club like RM with Bale, give the fuckers £600 k a week over 5 years your never getting rid unless it suits him. A bit like us on a ridiculously smaller scale with our dross that no cunt wants or if they did couldn’t match the wages they really shouldn’t be on. 

There's certainly no way Morelos’s agent is working wholly independently of his client’s wishes.

If he’s trying to drum up interest in him it’s because he and Alfie have agreed that’s the best course of action, and if that’s the case then it would suggest he’s looking for a move.

I still think we’ll be susceptible to a bid of around £12m at the fag end of the window from an EPL side - West Ham, Newcastle, Palace or whoever - at which point Morelos will say he wants to accept the offer.

5 minutes ago, Sub Genius said:

There's certainly no way Morelos’s agent is working wholly independently of his client’s wishes.

If he’s trying to drum up interest in him it’s because he and Alfie have agreed that’s the best course of action, and if that’s the case then it would suggest he’s looking for a move.

I still think we’ll be susceptible to a bid of around £12m at the fag end of the window from an EPL side - West Ham, Newcastle, Palace or whoever - at which point Morelos will say he wants to accept the offer.

Agree with the first part, agents are greedy self serving bastards, but I do believe that much of their meddling is pushed by the players.  

I honestly don’t believe we would accept £12 million though. In fact not a chance, you see Ollie Mcburnie go for £20 mil today and I do rate the lad but fuck me Morelos is by far the better of the two. 

9 hours ago, bam74 said:

SG doesn't see him as our best player at No.9 as his selections pre season and Europe have shown. Defoe will be his first team starter this season.  No serious offers have been made or him over the summer or he would be gone by now.  

He’s mixed them up pre season in Euro games and friendlies.

If Morelos’s head is in right place then he’ll start against Killie, Midjyttland, Hibs and Midjyttland.

9 hours ago, bam74 said:

SG doesn't see him as our best player at No.9 as his selections pre season and Europe have shown. Defoe will be his first team starter this season.  No serious offers have been made or him over the summer or he would be gone by now.  

At 37 Defoe will not play every single game. 

Tomorrow the gaffer will play his absolute strongest team He will show his hand and Morelos will be starting. 

That’s all factually correct btw

Defoe will get 20 mins a game if that

12 minutes ago, KeyserSoze said:

Tomorrow the gaffer will play his absolute strongest team He will show his hand and Morelos will be starting. 

Agreed with you until that last line. Defoe will start games, he’ll play full games, and he’ll play games from the bench. He’s gonna be a hugely important player for us this season that won’t just be handed game time scraps. That’s silly.

9 hours ago, 1690tamRFC said:

Agree with the first part, agents are greedy self serving bastards, but I do believe that much of their meddling is pushed by the players.  

I honestly don’t believe we would accept £12 million though. In fact not a chance, you see Ollie Mcburnie go for £20 mil today and I do rate the lad but fuck me Morelos is by far the better of the two. 

I don’t think Rangers will accept £12m either, but we do run the risk of being lumbered with an unhappy player and that will be a factor in any decision no matter how bullish Gerrard or the club appear on the surface.

McBurnie’s price tag has no bearing to what we can expect for Morelos though - he plays in a completely different and more lucrative league.

It’s like bemoaning why a four bed house in Govan costs less than a studio apartment in Chelsea.

11 minutes ago, Essandoh said:

Agreed with you until that last line. Defoe will start games, he’ll play full games, and he’ll play games from the bench. He’s gonna be a hugely important player for us this season that won’t just be handed game time scraps. That’s silly.

Defoe and Stewart will be battling it out for the odd start and some scraps 

regularly 

10 hours ago, bam74 said:

You can’t spout shite like this an expect to be taken seriously. Gerrard has rotated him and Defoe all pre season, as he has with every other player, to maximise game time for everybody. As it should be. 

Too many cunts reading between lines that aren’t even there over the wee man. 

12 minutes ago, KeyserSoze said:

I reckon Defoe will get his fair share of starts, Probably more than he should to be fair. 

We are lucky that we have 2 strikers that there's a bawhair between them with what they actually bring to the team. I know it's hypothetical but if they both played the exact same amount of time I reckon Morelos with goals and assists would get mibee 40 goals and Defoe would be 35 plus. Also the Arfield goal against the tarriers was great play from Defoe where his dummy was as good as an assist. I don't think Morelos has that in his game yet. 

Morelos does have a lot that goes against him not all his fault to be fair. The way he is refereed won't be missed by the gaffer. Its not just his discipline that can be a problem and getting booked for things he shouldn't be getting booked for, ie first fouls and booked for getting tackled, He also has a problem with getting caught offside too often. Once again not all his fault, he must have scored at least half a dozen good goals in his time that have been wrongly chopped off, 

If we were in a fair world you would be 100pc right that Defoe would be a 20min player, but sadly we play in this shite hole, but we are lucky that we do have 2 really good strikers with different styles who are almost equally effective overall. 

12 minutes ago, magic8ball said:

I reckon Defoe will get his fair share of starts, Probably more than he should to be fair. 

We are lucky that we have 2 strikers that there's a bawhair between them with what they actually bring to the team. I know it's hypothetical but if they both played the exact same amount of time I reckon Morelos with goals and assists would get mibee 40 goals and Defoe would be 35 plus. Also the Arfield goal against the tarriers was great play from Defoe where his dummy was as good as an assist. I don't think Morelos has that in his game yet. 

Morelos does have a lot that goes against him not all his fault to be fair. The way he is refereed won't be missed by the gaffer. Its not just his discipline that can be a problem and getting booked for things he shouldn't be getting booked for, ie first fouls and booked for getting tackled, He also has a problem with getting caught offside too often. Once again not all his fault, he must have scored at least half a dozen good goals in his time that have been wrongly chopped off, 

If we were in a fair world you would be 100pc right that Defoe would be a 20min player, but sadly we play in this shite hole, but we are lucky that we do have 2 really good strikers with different styles who are almost equally effective overall. 

Defoe at 37 needs handled completely differently to Morelos at  23

that’s all it really comes down to - age

Just now, KeyserSoze said:

Defoe at 37 needs handled completely differently to Morelos at  23

that’s all it really comes down to - age

Hard to disagree with those factual figures. Thing is Defoe isn't playing like your average 37 year old. A teetotal lifestyle and a couple of years of MLS in his early 30s have done him nothing but good. 

2 minutes ago, magic8ball said:

Hard to disagree with those factual figures. Thing is Defoe isn't playing like your average 37 year old. A teetotal lifestyle and a couple of years of MLS in his early 30s have done him nothing but good. 

I totally agree. But it’s a different story playing hammer throwers on a bog on a pishing wet Wednesday night to running about in the sun. 

Your legs and body will be fucked on a regular basis. Recovery at 37 will be key. 

10 hours ago, Sub Genius said:

Less than a week to go, so we won’t have long to wait and see if that is going to happen.

We have a lot of players now it will be a case of mixing it up till we find the right formula which will also change on a game to game basis, this will be a tougher year for Gerrard as he has now had his honeymoon period.

7 minutes ago, KeyserSoze said:

I totally agree. But it’s a different story playing hammer throwers on a bog on a pishing wet Wednesday night to running about in the sun. 

Your legs and body will be fucked on a regular basis. Recovery at 37 will be key. 

Keeping Morelos is massive for us. As you say recovery is key. There's no way we could last a season with Defoe as our main man. He would be burnt out before the November 5th bonfires. 

On 02/08/2019 at 07:29, bluenoz said:

Still looks like a miserable cunt but he seems to be passing more. I really hope he stays.

Well he certainly wasn't a miserable looking cunt during training yesterday, in fact it got to a stage whether I wondered if he was actually taking it seriously, but I agree with you regarding the passing more, although Ryan Jack might not agree after the game against Progres.