Jordan Jones

Goianegra

7 minutes ago, hammer93 said:

I seriously have never known a forum to write players off before they kick a ball for us...Kent got the treatment last season as did Kamara.....even people questioned the logic in bringing in Defoe & Davis....this season so far it's been Jones, Hastie & Stewart who have been written off by many.....only when I see them play in a blue Jersey on a regular  basis will I judge them

Spot on.

This place has been full of folk back pedalling about Jones today.

29 minutes ago, mitre_mouldmaster said:

Then dont play him away from home in games when he wont have the space to use his pace.

Use an Arfield/Stewart or the likes in those games.

I think having different players suited to different games is required.

Buying a player with the combined abilities of both Arfield and Jones would probably set us back about £15m in today's market.

I agree, but for all the ones saying he'll be good etc, wait and see after he's been played out the game away to someone like hearts or Livingston 

18 minutes ago, hammer93 said:

I seriously have never known a forum to write players off before they kick a ball for us...Kent got the treatment last season as did Kamara.....even people questioned the logic in bringing in Defoe & Davis....this season so far it's been Jones, Hastie & Stewart who have been written off by many.....only when I see them play in a blue Jersey on a regular  basis will I judge them

Likewise though the minute someone kicks a ball well for us, cunts are raving like fuck about them

Liked the look of Jones when he was first mentioned - prob this time last year. So glad we finally got him - I knew he was going to be good for us and I’m glad I was right 😛

Early doors, as had been mentioned,  but he’s certainly hit the ground running. 

29 minutes ago, Jimbeamjunior said:

I agree, but for all the ones saying he'll be good etc, wait and see after he's been played out the game away to someone like hearts or Livingston 

You dont have to wait and see how he performs in an away game though.

He could be a big success for us and never play an away game for us ever. If he just plays at home and creates two assists per game, then he would be a massive success, especially if he goes on to help us win the league.

I am in no way saying that he has proven to be a great success yet, as it is still very early doors. His form might well dip and he could become shite, home and away.

I just understand your logic that for him to be a success that it has to fit the particular 'see how he does on a cold, wet night in Perth' argument.

I liked the boy at Killie tbh, thought he looked a player with big potential. Was happy to see him sign.

Young, talented international players like Jones and Kamara can potentially be molded into gems by our management team. Jones has started his Rangers career well, like Stevie says if he can find that level consistently we're onto a winner.

1 hour ago, hammer93 said:

I can’t really speak because  I’ve been quite negative about is signings Barker and he falls into this category too, but I think most of that frustration is that I wanted Kent back and he feels like a let down in terms of being an alternative.

1 hour ago, Jimbeamjunior said:

Likewise though the minute someone kicks a ball well for us, cunts are raving like fuck about them

RM is like the needle on a lie detector going from the bottom of the page to the top then down again, truth is you don't get to be a pro footballer without being excellent ( how many guys did you play with that were brilliant but got nowhere?) its all about if they can up their game and find a regular level of consistency, the top quality guys can do it week in week out, and all we can hope is that our signings respond and up their game and keep it upped.