Jordan Jones

Goianegra

1 minute ago, Bluepeter9 said:

Folk seem to forget it actually took Kent a wee while to really get going - Jones has started really well if he keeps improving that’s fantastic as he’s ours not a loan. 

Thank your mrs for a decent post on your behalf 😁

18 minutes ago, SeparateEntityMyArse said:

He'll likely not be played on games that dont suit his qualities. Yes or no for him so far?

No for now, if he hasn't the quality to play away from home then he's not good enough, that could change but right now still a no for me, or better still, we need better, decent backup

36 minutes ago, DBBTB said:

I always thought it was crazy that people were so quick to write him off when in the past year we’ve seen the likes of Morelos, Kent, Tav, Jack & even Halliday all come on leaps and bounds under the management team. 

Much like they were, Jones is a bit rough around the edges in certain areas but he has a lot of good attributes and with some good coaching he could become a really good player

We’ve obviously signed him with the intention of working with him in training to smooth out those edges and we are already seeing that it’s starting to pay off.

I wasn't keen on signing him at the time but I've been very impressed with the improvement of a lot of our players under the coaches that SG has brought in with him and thought that maybe once Jones and Stewart had settled in and worked with the background team then hopefully they  could add to their game, [hopefully the same with Barker, Hastie etc],I still would like to see Kent come in  but if JJ's last two performances are an indication of his future form then Kent if he were to still come in will have a fight on his hands, the backroom staff at Gerrards disposal are a major asset in our challenge for the title and deserve a great deal of praise for the form and fitness of the squad.

30 minutes ago, Jimbeamjunior said:

No for now, if he hasn't the quality to play away from home then he's not good enough, that could change but right now still a no for me, or better still, we need better, decent backup

He's part of what Gerrard describes as his armoury. Different options for different games. He played away from home on Thursday and was my motm. He's actually likely to be more effective away from home.

Guess it's more about what you want and expect rather than what the gaffer does and a player who is delivering exactly that tbh.

12 minutes ago, SeparateEntityMyArse said:

He's part of what Gerrard describes as his armoury. Different options for different games. He played away from home on Thursday and was my motm. He's actually likely to be more effective away from home.

Guess it's more about what you want and expect rather than what the gaffer does and a player who is delivering exactly that tbh.

If any team opens up against us he'll be fine, but when teams sit 11 men behind the ball away from home he wont have the space to use his pace, 

21 minutes ago, Jimbeamjunior said:

If any team opens up against us he'll be fine, but when teams sit 11 men behind the ball away from home he wont have the space to use his pace, 

Then dont play him away from home in games when he wont have the space to use his pace.

Use an Arfield/Stewart or the likes in those games.

I think having different players suited to different games is required.

Buying a player with the combined abilities of both Arfield and Jones would probably set us back about £15m in today's market.

37 minutes ago, beararse said:

Gonnae buck the trend on this thread.

Thought he would do a turn for us when he signed and so far he has done nothing to make me think otherwise.

I agree mate watched him in a couple of internationals for Northern Ireland and he looked the part. I think once he settles in proper he will be a good addition to the team.

1 hour ago, mitre_mouldmaster said:

Not quite yet.

Has to do it a bit more consistently (which Kent was guilty of before) and also do it in an Old Firm.

I know it's not Rangers but he has already had success against the scum albeit in a Kilmarnock jersey. So he at least knows how to score against the scum.