Who's the back up for Tav?

18 hours ago, Blue Avenger said:

Pivotal?

Can't imagine us being successful without him?!

You do understand he is probably one of the poorest full backs ever to pull on the jersey? Just because football in this backwater has turned to shite, it doesn't equate to him being a great.

You do understand he has hardly kicked his arse since returning this summer?

You do understand that he can't get back?

You do understand his positioning is frightening?

You do understand just how many outballs, final balls, passes have been mislpaced since his return?

His forays forward, have been much less effective than previous.

As a captain, I'll leave it at that.

Now, who really are pivotal to our succes this season, are our keeper, central defence. Davis, Morelos and Defoe.The spine of the team. Then we have Aribo and Arfield, all way ahead of Tav. 

If my fucking life depended on it, the last guy in I would have at my back would be Tav. Well, probably Barisic.

Our wide defensive areas are our weakest and only every other team in the league see it.

Now on his game going foward, I think he is sublime, but of late I've seen nothing of it. He is certainly not the worst defender, but none of it makes him pivotal.

All imo of course, but taking this title will NOT be as a consequence of his performances. Replace him with Flanagan or Polster it will make little difference to our results.

😂😂😂

bollocks 

1 hour ago, 35 Yard Dangerman said:

You do understand he is probably one of the poorest full backs ever to pull on the jersey?

Edit:

Oops, was meant to quote BlueAvenger.

*Please note 35 yard Dangerman is NOT responsible for spouting that pish!!!! *

You are so far removed from reality, you must be on the wind up surely!

Nobody has said Tav is the greatest full back to have pulled on the jersey but he isn’t remotely near being one of the poorest.

Without really having to think too hard I can list  recent full backs Argyriou , Smith, Foster & Hodson as a starter for ten.

Whittaker couldn’t defend for toffee and Michael Ball was a huge disappointment. Big Dave McPherson was also a bit of a donkey.

I could even throw in Barisic for good measure . 🙂

2 minutes ago, beararse said:

You are so far removed from reality, you must be on the wind up surely!

Nobody has said Tav is the greatest full back to have pulled on the jersey but he isn’t remotely near being one of the poorest.

Without really having to think too hard I can list  recent full backs Argyriou , Smith, Foster & Hodson as a starter for ten.

Whittaker couldn’t defend for toffee and Michael Ball was a huge disappointment. Big Dave McPherson was also a bit of a donkey.

I could even throw in Barisic for good measure . 🙂

Woooah there! That wiznae me with that drivel!

17 hours ago, Blue Avenger said:

Emm, no one said he he wasn't good enough, but pivotal? No success without him?!

Pivotal would be McGregor or Alfie for obvious reasons, but Tav?

:rofl:

I love this place !

So.... you are now intimating he is ‘good enough’ despite stating that he is ‘probably one of the poorest full backs ever to pull on the jersey?’

Given Tav is a full back that is a very curious position to take.

19 hours ago, Blue Avenger said:

Pivotal?

You do understand he is probably one of the poorest full backs ever to pull on the jersey? Just because football in this backwater has turned to shite, it doesn't equate to him being a great.

You do understand just how many outballs, final balls, passes have been mislpaced since his return?

Now, who really are pivotal to our succes this season, are our keeper, central defence. Davis, Morelos and Defoe.The spine of the team. Then we have Aribo and Arfield, all way ahead of Tav. 

If my fucking life depended on it, the last guy in I would have at my back would be Tav. Well, probably Barisic.

Our wide defensive areas are our weakest and only every other team in the league see it.

Now on his game going foward, I think he is sublime, but of late I've seen nothing of it. He is certainly not the worst defender, but none of it makes him pivotal.

All imo of course, but taking this title will NOT be as a consequence of his performances. Replace him with Flanagan or Polster it will make little difference to our results.

What a load of old shite you talk. You shouldn’t be allowed out. 

3 hours ago, BlueMe said:

Quote the part of my post where i called for him to be banned.

There’s no need for the attitude! 

“Fuck knows why admin allow it tbh, he adds literally nothing to the forum.” 

I wasn’t just talking about you in fairness but there has been plenty saying he should be banned for taking shite.

We are an all inclusive club.

I defend Blue Avenger's right to post.

I also defend the right to use the word Fenian now the cellic fans have set an acceptable precedent with a big banner. 

So I will defend Blue Avenger for posting like a Fenian on this occasion. 

Just now, jintybear said:

There’s no need for the attitude! 

“Fuck knows why admin allow it tbh, he adds literally nothing to the forum.” 

I wasn’t just talking about you in fairness but there has been plenty saying he should be banned for taking shite.

I don't see any calls for banning in that quote.

Admin have other ways of dealing with trolls (which he clearly is) and that doesn't necessarily mean banning. A warning or PM telling him to stop trolling would be fine tbh.

He repeats the same pish in most threads and has done for years. It was Morelos last season and Dave King before that. None of his claims are ever backed up with facts and are purely about getting attention - he's the very definition of a troll tbh. 

2 minutes ago, BlueMe said:

I don't see any calls for banning in that quote.

Admin have other ways of dealing with trolls (which he clearly is) and that doesn't necessarily mean banning. A warning or PM telling him to stop trolling would be fine tbh.

He repeats the same pish in most threads and has done for years. It was Morelos last season and Dave King before that. None of his claims are ever backed up with facts and are purely about getting attention - he's the very definition of a troll tbh. 

Fair enough. I agree that he spouts pish.

20 hours ago, Blue Avenger said:

Pivotal?

Flip flopper in talking shite shocker.

25 minutes ago, Sparkle said:

I think he’s one of these players that some won’t realise what we had until he’s gone.  

We seen what that would be like when Flanagan played at RB against Cowdenbeath and Kilmarnock last season and it wasn't great tbh.

If/when Tav leaves, we'll struggle to find anyone who gives us what he does and it'll be near impossible to do that for the £200k we paid for Tav.

Of all the players we have, he always seems to be the one who takes the most criticism on here. He's not allowed to have a bad game or make a bad pass/wrong decision, if he does, it's used as a stick to beat him with for weeks. 

He was poor against Kilmarnock, but still managed to play a part in both the goals we scored and his run from his own half won us the corner that he crossed in for the winner. But some would rather discuss a poor pass he made in the 14th minute for some reason. 

2 hours ago, beararse said:

So.... you are now intimating he is ‘good enough’ despite stating that he is ‘probably one of the poorest full backs ever to pull on the jersey?’

Given Tav is a full back that is a very curious position to take.

Well he actually is one of the poores full backs compared to those of yesteryear, but is currently one of the better full backs in this shitehole. As I said going back to Shearer and Caldow all the way up Numan and Gary Stevens. In my world simply no comparison. We all know standards have dropped drastically.

He has it in him, but not shining thus far.

It was all about pivotal and I don't see him as that. As I said I see Alfie as pivotal and McGregor. Of course he plays his part in success, but not pivotal. 

Tav is obviously above criticism. Such is life on a football forum. 

11 minutes ago, Blue Avenger said:

Well he actually is one of the poores full backs compared to those of yesteryear, but is currently one of the better full backs in this shitehole. As I said going back to Shearer and Caldow all the way up Numan and Gary Stevens. In my world simply no comparison. We all know standards have dropped drastically.

He has it in him, but not shining thus far.

It was all about pivotal and I don't see him as that. As I said I see Alfie as pivotal and McGregor. Of course he plays his part in success, but not pivotal. 

Tav is obviously above criticism. Such is life on a football forum. 

Agree re no comparison to Numan and Stevens when it comes to defending, although it’s fair to say they both had vastly superior players around them.

I have no first hand experience of Shearer, Caldow etc but there has been some utter dross in between the aforementioned.

Think your use of the word ‘ever’ detracts from the argument you make as Tav is far from that.

For a full back, at this level, Tav is exceptional going forward and his defending is improving although I accept he’s far from the finished article in that respect.

If he was, he wouldn’t be at Rangers.

Hes probably been one of the best in my lifetime, I've had to endure donkeys like Ball, Broadfoot, Whittaker, Foster, Mo fucking Ross :headwall: the list of shit fullbacks we have had over the years is endless, let's not slate a good one because he has 1 misplaced pass here or there but provides us with multiple assists/goals he hasn't been at his best yet but surely that is all the better for us.

People need to remember we are about 8 games in to a potential 60 game season, player's who aren't performing to there normal standard will soon be there IMO