***The Official Hamilton V Rangers Match Thread***

ForeverAndEver

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Did they say in commentary game would be postponed on wed if we drew ? If so looks like it will be postponed coz killie are drawing with 5 min left

Or was it just because we play in europe that they couldn't do the replay then but the sheep and killie can do a replay in 10 days time

2 minutes ago, soulboy said:

Did they say in commentary game would be postponed on wed if we drew ? If so looks like it will be postponed coz killie are drawing with 5 min left

Kilmarnock will replay the following midweek,we couldn’t because we play Braga.

Our mistakes aside and there were many of them, I thought it was quite an emtertaining game.

Hamiltion full of young guns that give an honest account of themselves, compared to the usual hammer throwers and cheating bastards we normally face. They went on the front foot, open and attacking, but as usual, they collapse around the 60 minute mark.

Arfield put in a good shift at last. Brilliant strike, ably assisted by our fantastic stand in left back, Halliday! :lol:

Hagi is a class apart. Great things to come from this lad. He only knows one way, attack and magic with it. I don't get why Stevie took him off. 

Alfie having a bad day at the office until his strike put a smile back on his face.

All in all, I thought it was a good entertaining game and really can't complain. 

2 hours ago, Supersonic said:

Thought for the first wee while we were actually starting to look like ourselves. That kinda died down for a bit in the middle of the game admittedly though.

Hagi looked bright today again, the passing was really decent from the lad. Should've/could've scored his header early doors. Morelos should've/could've had a goal 1st half as well. Doesn't seem as lethal in front of goal as he was pre-break. Hope the goal kickstarts him again. Absolute peach of a fucking goal from Arfield at the end!

Goldson didn't half get away with some utter pish today. He's lucky the ref never seen his hand ball and lucky Kamara saved his arse. Edmundson should've done a lot better for their goal too and let the Hamilton lad walk past him for a shot right after our second. Pretty poor looking today I thought.

Not sold on the penalty taker situation at all. Think it should still be Tav, personally. Arfield/Morelos can't seem to place them like Tav. Maybe Hagi could? Morelos having 1 miss and then taken off them seems harsh on the face of it as well.

It sounds mental to say after winning a game 4-1 against anyone, especially taking the shocking pitch (and weather to be fair) into account, but it was another largely sluggish/sloppy performance front to back from us. 

Main thing is though we're through. On to Killie now.

Hagi should be on pens imo

50 minutes ago, bluenoz said:

Greg Stewart should be the first sub off the bench. His driving run forward was instrumental in Arfield's late goal and also assisted on Alfie's goal albeit on a defected shot.

Greg Stewart should definitely be feeling hard done too ,He isn’t the best player we have but there are some who get a shout in front of him who are a lot less consistent,He’s never had a piss poor game unlike his competition 

Katic should start ahead of edmundson, he' gets caught out to easily with a ball played over his head, said that the first time I saw him

and it was the same again today. Better second half today, ref did us a turn(how many times can you say that)with the goldson hand 

ball, different game if he gives a penalty

3 minutes ago, Ivybank said:

Katic should start ahead of edmundson, he' gets caught out to easily with a ball played over his head, said that the first time I saw him

and it was the same again today. Better second half today, ref did us a turn(how many times can you say that)with the goldson hand 

ball, different game if he gives a penalty

I was fine with Edmundson playing today, but he showed he's maybe not ready to be a starter. Him and katic have potential to be good centre halfs, but not yet. Helander takes some stick but I think him n goldson are out best pair

I think, once again, it's a case of absence makes the heart grow fonder with some players.  And this time, it's Helander.   Helander has proved to pretty savvy/strong in Europe but I think people need to overcome short memory syndrome here and remember that he's struggled quite a bit with the physicality of Scottish football not to mention, out of our 4 CBs, he's by far the slowest.  He just doesn't instil that much confidence.

I think if SG would actually show the kind of faith and backing in Katic that he seems to do with all the others, the guy would thrive.  Katic is by no means perfect obviously, with his passing out from defence/need to play 5 yard passes  (and therefore slowing the pace down) being arguably his biggest weakness.  But, surely, it's Goldson and Katic every single day of  the week.

4 minutes ago, siddiqi_drinker said:

guess not --- pity as could not be arsed gettng up at 4:30 to watch Hamilton.  

Usually see them up on here by now or on one of the Facebook pages but seen nothing as of yet! Only managed to catch aribos goal 

Archived