Club statement | Resolution not deemed competent

OceanRain

• Replies 27.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Just now, British_Empire said:

Is that off the back of yesterday's story about the wee Belgian health minister they hired as a consultant? 

Fifa are suggesting this is going to be what happens apparently 

Just now, BearInTheToon said:

Dundee will probably ending up abstaining, blaming undue external pressures.  Thus meaning the resolution passes.  

BUT, given the circumstances, an investigation (and if needs be, another vote) is necessary.

Not voting is a no vote

2 hours ago, Jb85 said:

I cancel the read receipts at work when I open an email and that pops up. Not sure what happens at the other end though but there is an option to cancel them. 

Totally mate but my point is surely in the position of casting a vote you would keep your read receipt as proof of "postage" if you like.  Its to stop situations like this where the SPFL have came out and said one club hasnt voted, and unless the club themselves were notified they wouldnt know. When contacted they could point to the read receipt as proof the email was opened. 

1 minute ago, HG5 said:

Not sure if this has been suggested before, but I wonder if the whistleblower isn’t another club, but someone inside SPFL, who knows what actually happened to to Dundee e-mail?

Just a thought.

I’m hoping it is someone inside the SPFL who knows what is happening here, but also reveals a trail of skullduggery reaching back to 2012. We can all hope. 😀

Just now, KingKirk said:

I don't see any other outcome other than a Dundee yes vote tomorrow clearly if they still intended to vote no they have just re submitted the vote right away

So you keep saying, but (playing devil's advocate here and not wanting to give Dundee any undue credit) it might have been their plan all along to wait until the offices were open on Monday so they can chase it up minute it's sent and confirmed to someone manning a computer it's landed.

1 minute ago, BearInTheToon said:

Dundee will probably ending up abstaining, blaming undue external pressures.  Thus meaning the resolution passes.  

BUT, given the circumstances, an investigation (and if needs be, another vote) is necessary.

I think abstention counts as NOT voting FOR it, from one of the docs posted earlier.

End the season.

Positions stand.

Monies given out based on positions.

European placings stand as someone has to play in Europe.

No relegation as you cannot punish teams unfairly.

No title given out because it wasn’t won.

Can someone tell me why those can’t happen and not “because” or any of that shite.

A genuine reason why a title just has to go to someone that didn’t win.

Or a genuine reason a team has to go down without being relegated.

Teams have finished bottom before and not gone down 

3 minutes ago, Rfc52 said:

BTW there's real talk uefa are about to suggest all leagues null and void 

Where you seeing this? I saw the chat from the FIFA guy saying he thinks UEFA have changed their minds, but that was regarding completing the season. Is it definitely null and void they want rather than league positions final "as it stands"?

2 minutes ago, BearInTheToon said:

Abstentions are to be considered a NO vote,their rules 😉

2 minutes ago, BearInTheToon said:

It doesn’t - a non vote is considered no. But we’d probably have to wait until the 28 days passed.

1 minute ago, British_Empire said:

So you keep saying, but (playing devil's advocate here and not wanting to give Dundee any undue credit) it might have been their plan all along to wait until the offices were open on Monday so they can chase it up minute it's sent and confirmed to someone manning a computer it's landed.

The spfl confirmed today they got dundee's original vote all be it later on 

2 minutes ago, Dave Hedgehog said:

End the season.

Positions stand.

Monies given out based on positions.

European placings stand as someone has to play in Europe.

No relegation as you cannot punish teams unfairly.

No title given out because it wasn’t won.

Can someone tell me why those can’t happen and not “because” or any of that shite.

A genuine reason why a title just has to go to someone that didn’t win.

Or a genuine reason a team has to go down without being relegated.

Teams have finished bottom before and not gone down 

Because the Scum don’t get another tainted title in that scenario and after the talking about this and that. That is all this is about and nothing else. 

As far as i can see the SPFL needs disbanded (serious point.)  Its only due to individual member clubs being open and transparent and the organising commitee want it behind closed doors. Thats no good for anyone in the game. If clubs decide to vote a certain way thats fine but to try and censor things shows the board are duplicitious and cannot be trusted. 

2 minutes ago, Amato said:

Where you seeing this? I saw the chat from the FIFA guy saying he thinks UEFA have changed their minds, but that was regarding completing the season. Is it definitely null and void they want rather than league positions final "as it stands"?

I read an article with the fifa guy and looked like he was saying uefa are now looking at the seasons being unable to be completed and that would be that. 

They may I spose leave it up to each association 

Archived