Club statement | Resolution not deemed competent

OceanRain

Dalglish not sitting on the fence............

He wrote in his Sunday Post column: “I believe the SPFL’s credibility is on the floor.

“There must be an independent investigation into the accusations made by Rangers against chief executive, Neil Doncaster, and legal adviser, Rod McKenzie.

“The Ibrox board need to produce their evidence and let it be looked at.

“It’s as simple and straightforward as that.

“The game in Scotland has gone backwards in the past few days.

“It looks like a bit of a shambles, and it needs cleaned up.”

Good article apart from saying we need to produce our evidence - all in good time Kenny, all in good time

• Replies 27.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

For what it’s worth, here’s my best guess on what happened:

- Dundee planned to vote no and the club secretary was authorised to submit the slip.

- Doncaster was ringing round clubs during the afternoon chasing/trying to influence votes. We know he called Aberdeen to do just that. 

- Shortly after 5pm he calls Dundee chairman and tells him Dundee are the crucial missing vote (Dundee weren’t named in the statement so the dundee explanation doesn’t stack up). Dundee realise they are in the box seat and are persuaded not to vote until further discussions can take place.

- The Dundee chairman tells them that Dundee have already voted. SPFL say they haven’t received the voting slip so a plan is hatched for Dundee to email and revoke the vote, should it arrive.

- At this point I reckon the SPFL (and probably the Dundee chairman) didn’t realise the slip had been copied to ICT and Thistle with a confirmation it had gone in.

- Rangers find out about the Dundee vote (via ICT) and smell blood. Rangers contact the SPFL on the Friday (per previous statements)  - Doncaster doesn’t want to discuss it but realises Rangers know about the Dundee vote. 

- SPFL go in a flap and after some internal discussions conclude that all Rangers have is the WhatsApp’s and heresay. They send the letter to all clubs explaining away the Dundee issue (something they didn’t originally think would ever get out).

- Rangers evidence, if they have any, most probably relates to the Dundee vote (time it was received, who knew etc) and the circumstances leading up to it. 

- I reckon there probably was a delay in the Dundee vote reaching the inbox of the recipient. They would be crazy to outright lie about something so easily demonstrated. However, it was in the SPFL’s system all along.

- The SPFL are refusing to go on any media platforms to discuss any of this stuff as they know they will be pressed on the details of the email - timings, discussions etc, and anything they say will make life worse. It’s the same reason they admitted no regret or wrongdoing in their statement. The plan is to bunker down and ride this out in the knowledge that most clubs aren’t prepared to drag this out. 

19 minutes ago, bornabear said:

Agree.

The longer they hold out against an independent inquiry, the more the whole world will ask, "what do they have to hide".

Some will go further and actually say " they are hiding something".

The initial reactions from the SPFL should have seen those questions asked.

Instead of immediately denying and hitting us with charges. They asked for the evidence to be shown. That for me screams guilt. 

17 minutes ago, the cry was no said:

He wrote in his Sunday Post column: “I believe the SPFL’s credibility is on the floor.

“There must be an independent investigation into the accusations made by Rangers against chief executive, Neil Doncaster, and legal adviser, Rod McKenzie.

Good article apart from saying we need to produce our evidence - all in good time Kenny, all in good time

Its exceptionally naive to say we should produce our evidence now.

25 minutes ago, Dickie1963 said:

I wouldn’t say naive I would say idiotic.

Putting evidence out before an inquiry would be mental and anyone who calls for that is an idiot.

The SPFL want to see it now so they can do what they need to do to cover it up. 

Rangers are playing it right, even some of our fans need to step back and think. 

5 minutes ago, Dave Hedgehog said:

I wouldn’t say naive I would say idiotic.

Putting evidence out before an inquiry would be mental and anyone who calls for that is an idiot.

The SPFL want to see it now so they can do what they need to do cover cover it up. 

Rangers are playing it right, even some of our fans need to step back and think. 

100% agree

27 minutes ago, Dickie1963 said:

We show fuck all until an independent investigation. Only until the SPFL say there will be no independent investigation do we reveal the evidence in public

I’m delighted that McLennan has been dragged in and his comments about us, known by Rangers supporters but perhaps not widely known, are now front and centre.

He is every bit as cancerous as Doncaster and needs removed.

I’m also encouraged that we apparently still have plenty of ammo and that the information in the public domain isn’t our full hand.

We’re not pushing down the “three club/EGM then 75%” route imo.

I think we’re shaming them into setting up the independent investigation. The number of Rangers-haters openly ripping into them grows and will eventually bear fruit - and that’s without us showing our hand. The fact that there is so little sport to write about is a real bonus for us.

1 hour ago, MacBoyd said:

The spfl marking their own homework is correctly getting laughed at but where was this reaction to celtic doing the same with their infamous paedophile ring?

What was the result of their intestingston btw?

Exactly the same reason why they'll get away with this as well. 

Anybody thinking they'll get any form of punishment in this republican shite hole for raping weans is gonna be badly let down. 

Just now, esquire8 said:

We show fuck all until an independent investigation. Only until the SPFL say there will be no independent investigation do we reveal the evidence in public

So when is the II happening?

The club need to get a compliant resolution before the SPFL first, so obviously nothing yet. Haven't read all the pages, so maybe I've missed it?

If they say no, then what?

3 minutes ago, Blue Avenger said:

The club need to get a compliant resolution before the SPFL first, so obviously nothing yet. Haven't read all the pages, so maybe I've missed it?

A resolution for what? The resolution for monies has already passed. The club along with others asking for an independent investigation have to put pressure on SPFL to make a decision of having one. If they agree to one then fine show the evidence then along with a public wide release. If they say no then release the evidence in public across every single media format.

1 hour ago, bornabear said:

I think you'll find that if you win a legal case, you claim what your expenses were against the other party.

I can't remember the actual wording of the final sentence in the last court submission you put in as to why you should win the case.

I know from experience 10 years ago.

BNB would probably know.

You put the expenses in as a crave (demand) on your initial writ. The expenses are usually the judicial scale but in exceptional circumstances ( and I actually did this against HARPER MCLEOD) you can ask the court for expenses on an agent party basis. 

6 minutes ago, Blue Avenger said:

I’m not sure I follow, what are the spfl saying no to? An egm or a resolution to hold an Independent investigation?

A bloody EGM should be called if 25% of the members agree that one is required. Not fucking 75%. Thats basicaally saying as long as we dont fuck over more than 31 Clubs at the same time we'll be OK carrying on doing what the fuck we like.

9 minutes ago, mclovin9091 said:

A bloody EGM should be called if 25% of the members agree that one is required. Not fucking 75%. Thats basicaally saying as long as we dont fuck over more than 31 Clubs at the same time we'll be OK carrying on doing what the fuck we like.

An egm can be called by as little a 3 member clubs, it’s a resolution that requires 75% to be passed

1 hour ago, the cry was no said:

He sometimes comes out with some stuff that would make you think hes still a bear at heart, although signing for them under any circumstances is always a no go. 

There probably isn’t a lot wrong with Doncaster phoning round canvassing for support ,What’s wrong though is lies ,telling the sheep while they were yet to decide the false result ,he should have resigned if he wasn’t there as a useful idiot ,

The days of Lieswell picking people for the SPFL has to end now 

6 minutes ago, King Jela said:

He sometimes comes out with some stuff that would make you think hes still a bear at heart, although signing for them under any circumstances is always a no go. 

It only helps our case when someone of his standing (particularly south of the border) comments on this, as the more publicly from prominent figures the better in getting a proper independent enquiry set up

11 minutes ago, King Jela said:

The only player to keep their credibility after playing for them was King Kenny

Archived