Leon Balogun

Marky.

53 minutes ago, bluenoz said:

If I'm Edmundson, I'm really pissed off. Went from starter to 4th in the pecking order.

However, no place for sentiments this season. Where the fuck did this guy come from?  Fast, good in the air, reads the game well. Him & Goldson could be a great pairing.

I questioned Gerrard's decision pre match but he got this one right.

Black Defenders Matter ✊🏿✊🏿

• Replies 152
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Back 5, albeit hardly tested, were as solid as can be. In fact, 35 minutes in before I actually remembered it was Balogun’s debut. Looked like he’d played for us for years. Very composed on the ball, looks to have decent pace and is a good height. 

Thought the defence looked calm & comfortable all game and it’s certainly down to Balogun’s inclusion thought he cleared his lines well he was very composed & his distribution was brilliant he strolled that game looking forward to seeing more of him 

Always worried when a player is plunged in after a few days training, especially a vital position like centre half but the big guy cruised through the game.

Even when, and it went unmentioned, he was dangerously pulled back and hit his head on the post he recovered no bother,

I think the post is getting treatment though.

21 minutes ago, Bad Robot said:

Black Defenders Matter ✊🏿✊🏿

Does that make him a half lives matter since his maw was a white German? Ha!

Anyway, seems a confident lad and a great piece of business from whomever scouted him.

Early signs validate what was said about him.

Seeing him confidently stroll into Aberdeen's half and distrubute the ball forward was delightful. We've missed that for a long time. Something which is needed in games when the opposition are camped in.

He's also not massively aggressive in his defending but he was always in the right position. Made it look easy.

Looks a good player , particularly when bringing the ball out of defence. Looks the type who would like a run deep into the opposite half. At times we lack this especially whem playing a deep lying side. A big centre half going forward can open spaces for other players. 

38 minutes ago, Pure_Quality said:

I genuinely didn't mean to dismiss Moses, who has an incredible 38 teams on his CV, (including loans) but meant internationalists, obviously

:boughy:

Undefeated in old firm games as well, legend 

Archived