League Potentially Paused ?

Tosh8

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
5 minutes ago, TartanTeddy said:

Government can't do that it would be against FIFA rules - the Football authorities can penalise celtic the Scottish Government can't.

As said, I don't think anyone can criticise the Government position on this - praise where it's due.

🤣 Fuck off

Praise where it’s due, fuck them, rancid to the core. 

2 minutes ago, sRcFoCt said:

😂😂😂😂 cracking joke mate

I know even their strongest team will probably still get pumped but hoping they at least put up a bit of a fight. Who knows when this will be rearranged for so anything could happen between now and then tbh 

3 minutes ago, esquire8 said:

It's a week.  They'll be playing Reykjavik. Now they've just been given a huge lifeline and a week to prepare for it. Justice? Fucking miles from it.

I don't like any of the cabal but what are you expecting them to do with the CL tie 😂? That is Uefa's decision if anything is to happen, if they have cancelled there games for the next week then I am quite happy with that personally. 

2 minutes ago, Bakbear said:

No idea to what degree folk are cracking jokes about the season being stopped and champions being called.

But at the risk of stating the obvious, the only scenario in which there would be a stoppage and the league called would be if the majority of games had been played already.

If there is anything less than 50% it will either be paused until matches can restart or declared null and void. 

as others have said, I want to win it on the park but if we are top after 25 games of the season and they call it early, I would happily take 55 

See after the state of them with their “9”, I’d take it but wouldn’t really recognise it as anything other than confirmation that their “10” was dead.

I’ve said it before on here but we’re effectively playing wartime football and it’s hard to argue that anything won during this period is of the same value as silverware pre-Covid. 

We’ll see how this season pans out but no chance it finishes in May 2021

1 minute ago, BlueKnight87 said:

Taigs and sheep game postponed and a final warning. 

We've been giving a opportunity now to open a 8 point lead before they kick a ball again. That would ramp up the pressure on them big time already. 

What a start to their "10IAR" season :lol:

Almost couldn't have asked for better. 

Timplosion; as always. :bow: 

6 minutes ago, esquire8 said:

Split cancelled or brought forward to the 22 game mark.

All in the guise of 'Sporting Integrity 2008'................make them play all their games,  3 a week, as they told us in 2008  all games to be finished by a certain date  .

The chance to be 8 ahead this early should be enough motivation for the players to go out and win the following games. Granted, they have the game in hand but this is the sort of thing they’ve used to their advantage over the past few years wheras we struggle with it. Let’s change it Rangers and put some pressure on them.

Aside from the Football implications, watching this press conference really highlights just how shit and amateur our Sports media are in Scotland.  She was basically asked the same question three times - moved on to schools and then another halfwit sports 'journalist' arrives and asks the exact same question on implications and postponements!!

Had to switch off as you know Raman or Chris McLaughlin are going to be back for clarification on the same question before the end!!

Archived