Castore Kit Thread

Clemdog

Starting to really despise Castore and all they bring to our table.

I get the commercial aspect of the deal but that part of the job - securing commercial and financial stability - should go hand in hand with a brand/manufacturer that can deliver high quality, high quantity, market leading design and product innovation, high-class service and communications as standard.

Castore have ticked very few, if any of the above which leads me to think were we really hooked on Castore simply because they acted like fanboys who would jump through hoops for us? 

This is where I feel, uncharacteristically, Bisgrove has let us down - especially when expectations were so high coming into our anniversary season. These are arguably the worst set of kits we’ve had both in terms of design and quality.

What fans or club employees were involved in the design process? Who makes up Castore’s design team? This tell me we either have people at the Club happy with this level of effort and execution or that the people that sign these designs off are weak and unable to articulate constructive feedback to achieve a level of which is expected from our kits.

Where is the inspiration taken from for this new away kit? I read somewhere it’s Govan? If we take that, aside from the colours where is the depth to the design? It’s sheer design laziness with no passion or commitment to The Club or us as fans. 

I don’t hold much hope for the third and fourth efforts but more than happy to be proven wrong. 

1 hour ago, esquire8 said:

Gotta love that £3 flash of white :lol:

Flash of white and no pockets, crucially for £3 more.

Bring back shorter shorts and zippy pockets. They’re all like basketball shorts on me anyway.

5 minutes ago, 5Beckenbauer said:

Starting to really despise Castore and all they bring to our table.

I get the commercial aspect of the deal but that part of the job - securing commercial and financial stability - should go hand in hand with a brand/manufacturer that can deliver high quality, high quantity, market leading design and product innovation, high-class service and communications as standard.

Castore have ticked very few, if any of the above which leads me to think were we really hooked on Castore simply because they acted like fanboys who would jump through hoops for us? 

This is where I feel, uncharacteristically, Bisgrove has let us down - especially when expectations were so high coming into our anniversary season. These are arguably the worst set of kits we’ve had both in terms of design and quality.

What fans or club employees were involved in the design process? Who makes up Castore’s design team? This tell me we either have people at the Club happy with this level of effort and execution or that the people that sign these designs off are weak and unable to articulate constructive feedback to achieve a level of which is expected from our kits.

Where is the inspiration taken from for this new away kit? I read somewhere it’s Govan? If we take that, aside from the colours where is the depth to the design? It’s sheer design laziness with no passion or commitment to The Club or us as fans. 

I don’t hold much hope for the third and fourth efforts but more than happy to be proven wrong. 

You want to post this anywhere else in the forum mate?

• 2 weeks later...
14 hours ago, Nameless Ghoul said:

I went to the city centre shop for the first time today and there was only medium size in the home top. Pretty shite, expected the shop to be a lot bigger and have most of the range available online. 

What gave you the impression to expect that from the past 14 months?