***Official Hibernian vs Rangers Match Thread***

Clemdog

• Replies 2.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

It’s all well and good having 4 strikers but when we have only Kent & Hagi to create chances we are going to struggle we seriously lack a good right sided winger in the mould of Kent.

If we don’t sign at least a Winger and an attacking CM we ain’t gonna win fuck all this year.

Winning today with that performance would of signified a real change for us. But that today was no different from last season or the season before or the season before that. Anybody thinking this would be any different, well fuck all has changed.

A team with very little technical ability but great desire and work-rate has once again proven too difficult to beat. Our lack of cutting edge and passing for the sake of a pass is going to be our biggest downfall this season. 

Substitutions there were fucking disgusting 

Hagi had one assist, should’ve been 2 and our only creative midfielder. Hauled off for Defoe who didn’t kick a ball 

Kamara finally coming into the game getting forward, made a couple of runs into the box and then he’s the man to make way for Itten (our 4 million pound striker who only gets 5 minutes and no service to try and save our skin)

Meanwhile Davis and Arfield useless as ever still plodding about the middle of the park 

Just now, chris182 said:

More points dropped when they absolutely shouldn't have.

We're not winning this league under SG. When the chips are down we just don't have the bottle. That's the difference.

And why are people shocked with that?

We brought in a big name, not a proper manager. When push comes to shove we should be winning 90% of games with the sqaud we have, any manager should do that

Good managers show when the pressure is on & Gerrard isn't a good manager, maybe 1 day but not with us anyway 

With the amount of money we have spent on the team we should be absolutely dominating a team like Hibs ffs they controlled the game at times and made us look shite.  We badly need to look at the midfield going forward as Kamara was largely a passenger today. Arfields finishing is absolutely rotten and i know he scored today but the chance at the end he should have put that away easily. 

Absolutely fucking terrible today 

5 minutes ago, eejay the dj said:

You are right mate but our missing chances is starting to really piss me off as a fan .Never known a group of players that do it as much 

I guarantee we miss one sitter before the final whistle 

Agree not converting enough chances but if ref gives the offsides we don’t concede and win comfortably 

it’s basic assistant refereeing with the first he’s two yards off when ball is crossed and because he then gets back in-line doesn’t make him on. Surprised at all the pundits on here not seeing it

1 minute ago, keithgersbear said:

The other lot would have put 2-3 past them after we went 2-1 up. Teams with a winning mentality kill you in such situations.  We just let them off the hook. 

Kent really should have put them to bed, got to score that, arfield should have as well. 

Only ourselves to blame, you just can't miss chances like Kent's and Arfield's and at 2-1, it's then game over.  First real test, failed. 

Personally, I don't rate Hagi; for the money paid I'd expect far more than the odd glimpse and pass. You can go back to the thread on him when signing and I said the same. However, we took him off at the only time he was influencing the game and put Defoe on, a sub that completely baffles me.  All the service in to an already crowded box was then tippy tappy pish, how was Defoe going to change that. 

These are the same bullshit changes that SG has been making for 3 seasons now and he still can't suss out our league. Dropping points like this costs trophies and it's time he woke the fuck up or he can pack his bags once and for all and go back to his Mrs down south. 

6 minutes ago, ritchieshearercaldow said:

Ref couldn’t wait blatant foul and Alfie gets booked

Astounding decision tbh .It was a body check and the ref could see that 

We have zero percent chance of getting a refereeing decision in big or tight games in last 5 minutes of games for the whole season 

Archived