Brilliant win

RangersMedia

4 minutes ago, SkylineBlue said:

It's a great result in a game I was worried about due to our recent history vs Kilmarnock, but I won't be allowing myself to even consider us title challengers until I see where we are 3 or 4 games after the winter break. 

Aye , we've got a fucker of a January . Get through that and we'll be in a good place , as SG would say.  

• Replies 154
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 minute ago, scottyc06 said:

There’s playing us down which I understand but you can’t possibly say we’re not challengers ffs

We've been there or there abouts until Christmas the past two seasons and then we've completely shat the bed. Folk are entitled to believe whenever they want, I'm putting no stock in it till I see how we handle that. I'm not denying we're on a great run and looking good though. 

Good OP, this was a banana skin waiting for us which we managed to step over. :tu:

Now let's all get back to one game at a time, the last thing we want to do is get ahead of ourselves in any way. 

I know that is boring but I really believe that is the best way forward in this incredibly important season. :smokingcowboy:

Not a brilliant performance by any means but I would have taken a 1-0 win before kick off. The big thing for me is that celtic dropped points in this fixture and we didn't, which is key to winning this league. Its been one of our hardest fixtures in recent seasons and we won. 

We've only dropped points at Hibs and Livingston away, both of which celtic have yet to play. 

We just need to keep up this winning streak and hope celtic trip up along the way. 

7 minutes ago, SkylineBlue said:

We've been there or there abouts until Christmas the past two seasons and then we've completely shat the bed. Folk are entitled to believe whenever they want, I'm putting no stock in it till I see how we handle that. I'm not denying we're on a great run and looking good though. 

We’re still in a title race though... regardless of where we have or haven’t been the last 2 years! There’s a difference between being a contender and being favourites, although right now I would have us as that too. 

What I will agree with is that there’s a long long way to go. 

10 minutes ago, Rangers_no1 said:

Kent missed a great chance and Itten was very unlucky. Aribo was close, just over the bar.

Better final pass would have seen some a few one on ones today. 

Add Jack, missed a fkn sitter at the end, we need to get ruthless in front of goal again, great three points though. 

2 minutes ago, MK Dumfries said:

I found it a hard watch, much like Thursday against lech , if we don’t improve soon we’re in for a hiding, Benfica has the potential to be embarrassing 

Who’s giving us a hiding like?? Benfica might beat us but they won’t give us a hiding & we’re certainly not getting a hiding in the league. 

1 hour ago, BillyG91 said:

scum haven't only got us to worry about.

need to catch up with us and make sure they don't let the junkies/sheep overtake them hahaha.

pressure is on big time.

Hibs win against the sheep next Saturday would put celtic third, may only be for 24 but psychologically not good for then.

35 minutes ago, MK Dumfries said:

I found it a hard watch, much like Thursday against lech , if we don’t improve soon we’re in for a hiding, Benfica has the potential to be embarrassing 

Nobody in Scotland is giving us a hiding and we play a defensive, counter attacking style in Europe that suits us well

Give yourself a shake ffs 

It should have been far more comfortable than it was but sometimes things just don’t come off, main thing was getting the 3 points an a tricky venue we struggled with last year, if looking for more positives than just the 3 points that’s it, no doubt we would have been lucky to draw that game today last year 

That's exactly the type of game that would have finished 1-1 in prior seasons.

Shite weather, shite pitch, against a team who play shite tactics and know how to get results against us.

I'd have taken 4x nervy away 1-0's against Livi and Killie if offered it prior to season starting.

Archived