We've won nothing yet, but...

• Replies 88
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hard to not get carried away but one game at a time I keep trying to think. 

I thought we had a bigger lead than 3 point IF they win their games in hand. Our GD is as good as a point though. 

The pressure is all on them, we simply have to do it this season. Now or never 

It's got to be up there with one of our best starts ever in terms of points won, goals scored and goals conceded after 14 games? Any stattos able to provide a comparison? 

Obviously there is still a long way to go and how we finish is all that matters though!

1 hour ago, orange&blue92 said:

13 goal difference ahead, 9 point lead, next OF at Ibrox.

Don’t care about the score against the sheep, as long as we get 3 points. That mob travel to Easter road so we could extend our advantage

Septic away to Livingston in December will be cancelled due to them playing hertz in cup.  So if we maintain the advantage we can go further ahead,  and it's a difficult place for them to go probably about March  before its rescheduled. I don't want to get carried away as we are always one bad result away from a disaster,  but I am quietly confident that 55 is a distinct possibility this season 

Terrific start and we're playing brilliantly but we're effectively only 3 points up with about 3/4 of the season to go , so its early days yet . 

On the positive side , we seem a lot more confident and hopefully a squad thats learned from the painful lessons of last season.  

Most exciting for me is we keep hitting milestones.

Get top of the league early and stay there. Check.

Beat our main competitors. Check.

Beat our bogey team Killie away when we have an opportunity to extend league. Check.

Smash the team before the international break. Check.

Keep consecutive clean sheets and discipline. Check.

I think we all know what we're capable of this season. Some dare to believe, others are still too sore from previous failings.

But its tangible. The platform, attitude, desire, squad depth and quality is all there. We just need to keep it together and deliver.

I'll say at this point I'm more worried about COVID derailing us than celtic. We're going to have off days, but we genuinely look so far ahead of them - especially against quality opposition. Three more games vs them this season and even a neutral follower would have us favourites to come out of those game at what +6 points?

2 minutes ago, Marco said:

I'll say at this point I'm more worried about COVID derailing us than celtic. We're going to have off days, but we genuinely look so far ahead of them - especially against quality opposition. Three more games vs them this season and even a neutral follower would have us favourites to come out of those game at what +6 points?

+12 mate 

Some great posts in here and it is difficult not to get a bit carried away  :thumbup: but I am one of the ones SEMA mentions in his post just above. I am too sore from previous failings to do anything but take it one game at time.

That is just for myself, everyone is different, but we all want the same thing, title 55 and no tainted 10 for them. :smokingcowboy:

3 minutes ago, Bears r us said:

Some great posts in here and it is difficult not to get a bit carried away  :thumbup: but I am one of the ones SEMA mentions in his post just above. I am too sore from previous failings to do anything but take it one game at time.

That is just for myself, everyone is different, but we all want the same thing, title 55 and no tainted 10 for them. :smokingcowboy:

I'm as much for 1 game at a time as any mate. But I'll not be denying how good we are by dwelling on the past. 

It feels different, it looks different. Christ it is different. 

Positivity, one game at a time 👍

28 minutes ago, SeparateEntityMyArse said:

Mo²st exciting for me is we keep hitting milestones.

Get top of the league early and stay there. Check.

Beat our main competitors. Check.

Beat our bogey team Killie away when we have an opportunity to extend league. Check.

Smash the team before the international break. Check.

Keep consecutive clean sheets and discipline. Check.

I think we all know what we're capable of this season. Some dare to believe, others are still too sore from previous failings.

But its tangible. The platform, attitude, desire, squad depth and quality is all there. We just need to keep it together and deliver.

The biggest milestone is how we handle a defeat . Do we collapse as we have on occasion or do pick ourselves up and get on with it . As British Empire says , mental strength is as important as skill and ability . 

It hasn't happened yet ,but hopefully todays reaction after losing two late goals on Thursday , is a good pointer that our mentality is getting stronger . 

Im not a man who looks ahead too much. ODAAT in everything 

But my team and the start we have made has me extremely confident we wont end this season trophy less. 

So much more composed with a steely determination and the skill to match. 

55 is definitely within our capabilites. 

Bring it home Rangers. 🇬🇧💙

Archived