*****Official Ross County v Rangers Match Thread*****

BridgeIsBlue

1 hour ago, Tiger Shaw said:

Not happening for Alfredo in front of goal but his overall play and contribution to the team is nowhere near as bad as people on here try to make out. 

Decent performance today will be a starter on Thursday hopefully he can get a goal to shut people up for a few days 🤣

Spot on 

121001452_1237164286647462_6000742954292773711_n.gif

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 minute ago, Broxi said:

You can't call somebody a poof. If that's what was said (which there's nothing to suggest it was) then it's at the same level of seriousness as if it was something else. 

It's literally the rainbow laces week this week ffs. This is exactly what the problem is. 

Bang on mate.

7 minutes ago, Broxi said:

You can't call somebody a poof. If that's what was said (which there's nothing to suggest it was) then it's at the same level of seriousness as if it was something else. 

It's literally the rainbow laces week this week ffs. This is exactly what the problem is. 

If he said ‘get up ya fkn woman’ or ‘get up ya big girls blouse’, is that sexist and also a serious issue up to the level of racism and homophobia ?

1 minute ago, Bad Robot said:

If he said ‘get up ya fkn woman’ or ‘get up ya big girls blouse’, is that sexist and also a serious issue ?

The word "woman" is not a derogatory term with as many connotations as calling someone a poof ffs. Morelos is also not a woman so it's hardly being sexist against him. There's no way of knowing someone's sexuality and no wonder they don't broadcast it

3 minutes ago, Broxi said:

The word "woman" is not a derogatory term with as many connotations as calling someone a poof ffs. Morelos is also not a woman so it's hardly being sexist against him. There's no way of knowing someone's sexuality and no wonder they don't broadcast it

It’s implying you’re weak and not equal. Morelos being married and a father is a give away for him but as said before I see this as more generic industrial language and not targeting AM for his sexuality (if it was homophobic). I’ve read before that the Police get lots of sectarian abuse when arresting drunks when the drunks have no idea on the religion of the arresting officer.

Just now, Bad Robot said:

It’s implying you’re weak and not equal. Morelos being married and a father is a give away for him but as said before I see this as more generic industrial language and not targeting AM for his sexuality (if it was homophobic). I’ve read before that the Police get lots of sectarian abuse when arresting drunks when the drunks have no idea on the religion of the arresting officer.

"Industrial language" is not a valid justification ffs. 

The irony of getting outraged at possible racist slurs being used, being told it might have been homophobic slurs instead and then being like "aw nah that's alright then who cares". Literally in an anti homophobia week as well 

It's a political hot potato.

I'd rather things went back to the old days where it was only words and if you were insulted then it inspired you. But it's changed days.

If any of our players have been racially abused then I expect action and a full statement from our club in support of our player/s. 

I hate the BLM movement, the PC/woke brigade and I think the rainbow laces campaign is totally cringeworthy, but that doesn't mean you can just go about abusing people of said backgrounds either. It just doesn't work that way (and rightly so).

1 minute ago, BlueAvenger said:

Still got a loss of smell at times. Other than that I'm back to my brilliant best !!!  My partner and son are fine now. Thanks for asking mate 

I have heard about people losing their sense of smell, it would be handy if you were able to get into the tattie dome at the moment.:boydie:

Being serious for a moment, I am glad you are all fine mate.  :thumbup:

9 minutes ago, Broxi said:

"Industrial language" is not a valid justification ffs. 

The irony of getting outraged at possible racist slurs being used, being told it might have been homophobic slurs instead and then being like "aw nah that's alright then who cares". Literally in an anti homophobia week as well 

but that’s what happens where Racism always take the centre stage closely followed by homophobia and religion.

To me all abuse is equal when it’s a workplace.

3 minutes ago, Bad Robot said:

but that’s what happens where Racism always take the centre stage closely followed by homophobia and religion.

To me all abuse is equal when it’s a workplace.

No idea what point you're trying to make here

9 minutes ago, Broxi said:

No idea what point you're trying to make here

I’m saying that it seems that all abuse isn’t equal especially for those with an agenda but it all should be equal.

You must see it with us as someone can call someone a fenian then there’s uproar from the usual mob like call it out, the RC church, cunts like lennon and walker but the term hun just gets glossed over.

Another tidy performance, clean sheet and again with changes in personnel. Keep reading how we have a weaker squad but the stats are not showing that to be true.

Tav and Davis outstanding again. Captain is a certainty for POTY and what a journey it will have been for him if he can get that and a league winners medal. 

34 minutes ago, British_Empire said:

It's a political hot potato.

I'd rather things went back to the old days where it was only words and if you were insulted then it inspired you. But it's changed days.

If any of our players have been racially abused then I expect action and a full statement from our club in support of our player/s. 

I hate the BLM movement, the PC/woke brigade and I think the rainbow laces campaign is totally cringeworthy, but that doesn't mean you can just go about abusing people of said backgrounds either. It just doesn't work that way (and rightly so).

Spot on, Sir. 

Archived