****Official Dundee United v Rangers match thread

Scottywellhousetb

6 hours ago, British_Empire said:

I was thinking something similar earlier - imagine we won at Tannadice then an few hours later (if they've had a hard-fought win against Kilmarnock) what frame of mind does that put them in that they've just gave it all and had a hard-fought victory but ultimately all that's done has stopped them from losing more ground on us.

That's a psychological drain and mental battle that is. 

Not only that but if they lose then they are stuck in 3rd place for the time being and then am sure Aberdeen play before them so they could possibly be in 4th before their next game.

all hypothetical but talking about celtic being in this position seems insane in the past few seasons. Pressure from the board, manager and fans can do funny things to a team. 

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, Nameless Ghoul said:

Cannot wait for this game tomorrow. 

0-5. All different scorers. 

Good odds on that. My Scouse pal just bet on Everton to win 1 0 with Gudmundsen to score £10. He didnt say odds. Just very pleased on both counts.

Maybe worth a punt. 

The wife's pal who's a Tim bets on Cektic to win 5 0 every match. She wins more than she loses most seasons !!! Not this one tho. 

Let’s absolutely pump these c*nts tomorrow, they were the first and continually put the boot in back in 2012 and we need to send them the message. 

Let’s no forget recharging our fans for the replayed game and just their general scumminess over the years

Rangers just get them pumped and put the pressure on the tims 

9 minutes ago, Dickie1963 said:

Good odds on that. My Scouse pal just bet on Everton to win 1 0 with Gudmundsen to score £10. He didnt say odds. Just very pleased on both counts.

Maybe worth a punt. 

The wife's pal who's a Tim bets on Cektic to win 5 0 every match. She wins more than she loses most seasons !!! Not this one tho. 

She must get good odds as the tarriers only won 5 games by 5-0 or better last season out of 55 games. 

Back in the day Dundee Utd for me was only beat by Aberdeen for an away day out and bevvy.

The East Neuk in sheepland was great but you knew the tarriers filled it as much as us when they were there. Still cracking tunes and sashing up before strolling to their midden in our hundreds. The Masonic in Dundee was always sound and you knew the tarriers wouldn't even have tried, not as much venom around though back then.

Good times.

3 hours ago, bluenoz said:

I have a hard time leaving Aribo out of the starting 11 but unless Gerrard decides to rest Arfield, I don't think he starts.

I agree. I wasn't really paying particular attention to his form on Thursday, but he didn't seem as effective as he was pre his injury. There's no doubting he put a shift in and lasted the pace easily, in fact I think he got stronger as the game went on. But, that magic he had just doesn't seem t be there just now. I think he's playing within himself in case he gets injured again. For that reason, if it's a choice between the two, Arfield all day for me! 

4 minutes ago, LegendofCoop said:

I agree. I wasn't really paying particular attention to his form on Thursday, but he didn't seem as effective as he was pre his injury. There's no doubting he put a shift in and lasted the pace easily, in fact I think he got stronger as the game went on. But, that magic he had just doesn't seem t be there just now. I think he's playing within himself in case he gets injured again. For that reason, if it's a choice between the two, Arfield all day for me! 

On his day mate, he may be the most talented player on the team but niggling injuries has him a little behind at the moment. 

7 minutes ago, bluenoz said:

On his day mate, he may be the most talented player on the team but niggling injuries has him a little behind at the moment. 

100% agreed. Some of his play earlier in the season was just sexual. Once he gets that form back, it could be like a new signing! 

9 hours ago, RFCRobertson said:

100% its about maintaining dominance and give celtic nothing at all to cling too. Even if they have a hard fought victory against killie tomorrow in the grand scheme of the league they havent moved any and there's still a big point deficit. 

if they drop any the 10inarow slips further away and the fans get even more raging 

9 hours ago, British_Empire said:

I was thinking something similar earlier - imagine we won at Tannadice then an few hours later (if they've had a hard-fought win against Kilmarnock) what frame of mind does that put them in that they've just gave it all and had a hard-fought victory but ultimately all that's done has stopped them from losing more ground on us.

That's a psychological drain and mental battle that is. 

Your two comments got me thinking. What sort of win for us would be more damaging for the tarriers mentally? Would us winning 0-5 keep the doubt in their minds or an injury time goal and 0-1 for us affect them more. I know ultimately as long as we keep on winning it doesn’t matter so I suppose the 0-5 wins it.

1 minute ago, murzo said:

Your two comments got me thinking. What sort of win for us would be more damaging for the tarriers mentally? Would us winning 0-5 keep the doubt in their minds or an injury time goal and 0-1 for us affect them more. I know ultimately as long as we keep on winning it doesn’t matter so I suppose the 0-5 wins it.

How about we go 3 up at half time, take half the team off , except for Shagger, then the 5 new players double the score ! Now that would go viral. Two different Rangers teams batter the Arabs in the same game. Wow.

Archived