them

MisterC

10 minutes ago, SIRB_72 said:

IF we lose on Wednesday it's not the end of the world. It'll be a blow but its part and parcel of a title battle like people have mentioned already.

For example our last proper title battle in 2011 things looked a lot worse than they do now. After our second game against celtic that season we lost 2-0 at Ibrox to go 4 points behind them, though we had two games in hand (we know that means fuck all).

A few months later in our 24th game of the season (like it will be on Wednesday) we went to parkhead and lost 3-0, barely turned up. That day we went 8 points behind celtic still with two games in hand. 

Momentum was totally against us but we kept plugging away and plugging away and found a way to win the title.

Quite a good way of looking at it. They have struggled in a lot of games this season, where we've faltered recently, they've found a way over the line. I think that luck will run out eventually. 

They've had a break to recharge some of the non-injured batteries but games will come thick and fast and I can see them dropping a few points. 

We have to sort our issues out though, if we continue to show too much respect to these sides (especially away) we will fall away. 

No idea how Wednesday will go, I really wouldn't be surprised to see us win, nor would I be massively shocked if we are 2 down in 20 minutes. 

Need to start well. 

16 minutes ago, bluenoz said:

I know you make your own luck in the game but they are pushing the boundaries. A 97th min winner, a clear offside winner and now an injury-time winner with ten men. 

Funny thing luck……it only takes you so far then it runs out.

Up to our players to raise their game on Wednesday to speed that process up and we’ll and truly derail their feel good factor.

34 minutes ago, bluenoz said:

I know you make your own luck in the game but they are pushing the boundaries. A 97th min winner, a clear offside winner and now an injury-time winner with ten men. 

Aye, that's just seeing it the way we want to, though. Could just as easily say it's the mark of champions that they find a way to win.

Just now, Tiger Shaw said:

They’re not champions 

mark of jammy bastards that’s all 

Who said they are? Usually when that's said it means the mark of a team that will be.

46 minutes ago, bluenoz said:

To me that says they don’t know when they are beaten. In contrast we don’t know when we have won.

1 hour ago, demise said:

What gives me hope is that in derbies like that form is not always the most important thing. A quick goal for us and suddenly we turn into favorites. Plenty of ''If''s of course, but i refuse to write us off. 

I've not written is off either and know we're good enough to beat them but we need to sort out our general quality of play big time and fast. They are better than some people give them credit for but they also aren't as good as they are portrayed to be. My worry is purely about what version of us turns up.

Just now, Tiger Shaw said:

It’s going to go right down to the wire this season a few on this forum need to toughen up and get the battle fever on. 

My worry is if we go behind we will bottle it. If we are ahead in Mid March their squad will start dropping like flies.

Need to stop our own rot, board need to make a couple of signings now.

40 minutes ago, Tiger Shaw said:

Rangers fans bumming up a piss poor tarrier team 🤮

They aren’t a piss poor tarrier team, people need to wake up and realise that. 

They’ve got some flaws but they’ll win the vast majority of games because they go all out attack and don’t know when they’re beaten. They’ll drop the odd point, but this is not the Lennon side that blew the 10. 

We are in a title battle now and aren’t even likely to be favourites after Wednesday. They don’t need to be world beaters, they just need to be better than us. On current form, they’re the better side, although we should be with the squad we have.