them

MisterC

4 minutes ago, Moody Blue said:

Twice they’ve gone down to 10 and managed to get 3pts and over the line, momentum is a huge thing between us and them and, sadly, it isn’t with us at the moment. 

We have to make our own momentum and beat them on Wed night. After watching them today I am not that impressed. If we turn up and put on a performance, we will win. If we drop off and fanny about we will not win. This is all about Rangers performing, turning up from the first whistle.

19 minutes ago, hammer93 said:

Everything from the start back is going against us big time....doesn't deflect away from the performances being poor.....the 3 goals we have lost today are tragic

Unfortunately momentum is with them again.....it is like 2007/2007 again.....imho we wouldn't have dropped points if the winter break hadn't been brought forward....if we lose on Wednesday that is 5pts away I don't think we would have dropped...fucking pig sick as I can see it slipping mate

Bang on. We should be well clear but have blown a massive opportunity. Results today were bad enough but when you think of the goals we’ve conceded this afternoon it’s fucking criminal. Defensively weak but McGregor ? There are no words. 
Absolutely scunnered. 

They will still drop points before the end of the season - problem is we will drop more. 

Any manager facing us just needs to get his team to punt balls into the box and we’ll concede. 

3 minutes ago, ZZed said:

We have to make our own momentum and beat them on Wed night. After watching them today I am not that impressed. If we turn up and put on a performance, we will win. If we drop off and fanny about we will not win. This is all about Rangers performing, turning up from the first whistle.

I totally get that, they are there for the taking for sure and not that great with even their full team.  Every bit of luck is with them just now but we are piss poor, I’m far from convinced we have a win in us but will love to be proved wrong. 

7 minutes ago, scottyscott1963 said:

FFS
Some of the surrender monkeys are probably in charge of kids. 
We still have over 3 months of football to play and some cunts have chucked the towel in.

We had 6 points of them and now it’s down to 2. 

We’ve struggled to win a game in 3 of the past 4 seasons in Jan with largely the same squad. I’m worried that it continues into Feb like 2 of those years did. 

Lets not forget we do raise our game against his mob and we have the mental game half won over them due to the fact they haven't beat us for so long. I guess the only thing that goes against that is the majority of their team werent' involved in those games last year.

What I take from today is their full backs are poor, Kent likes these games and if he is on point he will run them ragged. Diallo has potential to do same. The big striker for them is a good finisher but appears to be poor when given time on the ball. That said, if we let them create for him, he will score. Forrest is wasted on the left but overall I think if Tav is asked to stay back, we can deal with him. Jota is their danger player.

I mentioned earlier that we need to get our midfield right. We have controlled the midfield well in these games and I think Arfield, Aribo and Kamara will be the selection again. I wouldn't be suprised to see an extra midfielder in there and one of Arfield or Aribo take Diallo's spot.

Roofe has to start up front. I dont think he presses anywhere near as well as Alfie but his hold up play is significantly better than Itten's and he is a smart footballer and finisher.

I'd love if we brought Souttar in but I think it will still be Goldon/Bassey.

It will play out like a European away game for us. There will be spells where we concede posession and indeed chances but I back us to find our game and cause them problems. We have the players capbale of doing. Fucking bring them on.

I've seen them play with much more intensity this season (in the odd European game) and they may well get a boost going into the game but part of their key to pressing up front has been Kyogo and if he is out, its good for us.

2 minutes ago, Swagger said:

Bang on. We should be well clear but have blown a massive opportunity. Results today were bad enough but when you think of the goals we’ve conceded this afternoon it’s fucking criminal. Defensively weak but McGregor ? There are no words. 
Absolutely scunnered. 

They will still drop points before the end of the season - problem is we will drop more. 

Any manager facing us just needs to get his team to punt balls into the box and we’ll concede. 

McGregor normally at most would maybe make 2 big mistakes a season, for him to make 2 in the 1 game is just unthinkable, he had a howler against Hearts at home which yielded 2pts that day also....hard to criticise a guy who has been an outstanding goalie for us but time stands still for no man....at 40yr old maybe it's starting to show.....still can't get my head round at his thinking for the 3rd goal....the ball was hardly travelling at speed....throw your arms out and fall on top of the ball....simple when you think about it

50 minutes ago, watty. said:

If we play like that on Wednesday,which I sadly think we will,they'll be up by a few at half time mate.our defending is a fucking shambles once again.

Like they were up a few against a team with a far worse defence than us today aye? 

21 minutes ago, scottyscott1963 said:

FFS
Some of the surrender monkeys are probably in charge of kids. 
We still have over 3 months of football to play and some cunts have chucked the towel in.

I think people have forgotten what a title fight is like. It's been over 10 years.

Momentum does seem to be swinging to them at present, that can all change tho.

It's not as if they are battering teams

4 minutes ago, hammer93 said:

McGregor normally at most would maybe make 2 big mistakes a season, for him to make 2 in the 1 game is just unthinkable, he had a howler against Hearts at home which yielded 2pts that day also....hard to criticise a guy who has been an outstanding goalie for us but time stands still for no man....at 40yr old maybe it's starting to show.....still can't get my head round at his thinking for the 3rd goal....the ball was hardly travelling at speed....throw your arms out and fall on top of the ball....simple when you think about it

Can’t get my head round the first and third 

13 minutes ago, Swagger said:

Even if we went one or two up on Wednesday I wouldn’t be confident in seeing it out. They are at home and any bit of pressure and we’ll concede.

I think in that situation i would be pretty confident to be fair. They arent that great, the key is not letting the game run away from us in the first hour. Theyve scored a late winner today but as often as not after an hour they are running on fumes. Stay in the game till then and we would be fine i reckon. Thats the thing though, defend like we did today and it could be over by half time.

13 minutes ago, Tiger Shaw said:

Mate if this did happen we’ll be 1 point behind honestly man this place is full of pantywetters 

Did I say we will lose? It's the most important game of the season for us. If we drop points again that's 3 games out of 4.

5 minutes ago, MurrayWilson said:

I think in that situation i would be pretty confident to be fair. They arent that great, the key is not letting the game run away from us in the first hour. Theyve scored a late winner today but as often as not after an hour they are running on fumes. Stay in the game till then and we would be fine i reckon. Thats the thing though, defend like we did today and it could be over by half time.

Being ahead twice against Ross County and still not taking 3 points. They’ll be up for it, home crowd  and our side is brittle - they’ll target Bassey in the middle 

IF we lose on Wednesday it's not the end of the world. It'll be a blow but its part and parcel of a title battle like people have mentioned already.

For example our last proper title battle in 2011 things looked a lot worse than they do now. After our second game against celtic that season we lost 2-0 at Ibrox to go 4 points behind them, though we had two games in hand (we know that means fuck all).

A few months later in our 24th game of the season (like it will be on Wednesday) we went to parkhead and lost 3-0, barely turned up. That day we went 8 points behind celtic still with two games in hand. 

Momentum was totally against us but we kept plugging away and plugging away and found a way to win the title.